Just found out my mother has covid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Just found out my mother has covid

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:51 pm I found out yesterday that Both my brothers have it and two nieces. The nieces are under 21 and hardly show symptoms. One brother is fine so far with light symptoms and the other had a few breathing issues they have him on meds for. One brother came down from Ohio and the rest of them all spent Thanksgiving together and all went out to eat together the day before. I had opted out of their super spreader event in Rowlett, THank God, and spent turkey day with my SIL, Daughter and grand daughter here in Plano. I don't know what they were thinking when they did all that together.
Just found out that she did not do Thanksgiving with them because she was already feeling bad. They all had dinner together on the 21st though and that is when she gave it to them. She got it from a friend who had Covid and and came out too soon after having it. She and my mom had dinner together 6 days before she had dinner with my brothers. Talk about the virus getting around! Just today Collin county is back on a lock down mode. Holy Cow I am tired of all this!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:48 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:51 pm I found out yesterday that Both my brothers have it and two nieces. The nieces are under 21 and hardly show symptoms. One brother is fine so far with light symptoms and the other had a few breathing issues they have him on meds for. One brother came down from Ohio and the rest of them all spent Thanksgiving together and all went out to eat together the day before. I had opted out of their super spreader event in Rowlett, THank God, and spent turkey day with my SIL, Daughter and grand daughter here in Plano. I don't know what they were thinking when they did all that together.
Just found out that she did not do Thanksgiving with them because she was already feeling bad. They all had dinner together on the 21st though and that is when she gave it to them. She got it from a friend who had Covid and and came out too soon after having it. She and my mom had dinner together 6 days before she had dinner with my brothers. Talk about the virus getting around! Just today Collin county is back on a lock down mode. Holy Cow I am tired of all this!
Unfortunately, it's not just Collin County, it's all of the North Texas region. The county commissioners have no say in the matter. The hospitals in the area hit the occupancy level that triggered the governor's shutdown of bars and elective surgeries, as well as reducing gyms and restaurants to 50% capacity.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Flightmare wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:48 pm
Unfortunately, it's not just Collin County, it's all of the North Texas region. The county commissioners have no say in the matter. The hospitals in the area hit the occupancy level that triggered the governor's shutdown of bars and elective surgeries, as well as reducing gyms and restaurants to 50% capacity.
Oh my! I did not realize. My daughter texted it to me earlier today. We are in the middle of doing our heating checks for maintenance customers. I am tempted to suspend doing all but no heating calls until this thing slows down again. I am honestly starting to worry about going into so many homes each day. I feel like I am playing Russian Roulette.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Praying for everyone effected with COVID. My Assistant was just tested positive. Him and his family of five hold important places in my church. They will truly be missed and hard to replace.

I am very worried about my Assistant because he has some serious underlying health issues. One disease he has is everything inside his body his reversed. What is on the right should be on the left and vice versa. He has some odd blood type too and is 50 years old. Pray for him his name is Andrew.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

We just decided to stop doing any calls that are simply for servicing the heat for at least two weeks to see what happens with this spike. I don't want to catch this virus and I sure don't want to spread it around half of Plano and Frisco so I can check a furnace for proper operation. We are still going to go out when a furnace or heater is not working. We don't want to leave people without heat but after watching most of my family pass it around like an old newspaper, I am genuinely concerned about just how contagious this crap is. Just found out my daughter is O negative so I am hoping she is one of the lucky ones to avoid it.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

For those wanting to get antibody testing, you might consider making a blood donation. I went to my local Carter BloodCare 2 weeks ago because a coworker reported that he’d done the same, and they notified him that he had Covid antibodies present. It looks like they are testing donations. I got my report back several days after donation, and have no antibodies.

Anyway, there has been a shortage of blood donors all year, and it always gets really bad around the holidays. It would allow you to make a difference in a number of lives and find out if you’ve been exposed at the same time.
NRA lifetime member

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

My youngest brother is 55 and not fairing so well. They took him to the hospital Sunday night and found out he had developed pneumonia. Today after he was not improving much they put him on a Remdesivir drip. We are all praying for him. The count for their super spreader event was my Mom, my middle brother, both my youngest brothers daughters, one of his daughters boyfriend and his 22 year old step son. Oh, and his 19 year old step daughter. It kind of ticks me off that those fools all gathered up Thanksgiving week. Good Lord! What were they thinking. All have recovered except for the brother in hospital. This stuff is no joke. It is contagious like nothing I have ever seen. I sure hope they all had fun that week. Thank goodness I did not get involved.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Looks like they are sending Mark home from the hospital. The Remdesivir did the trick. They are discharging him now. He had made a crack about being immune. They told him not necessarily. They said he will still need to get the vaccine once it is available. Apparently you can contract it more than once.

Return to “Off-Topic”