Survival Prepping

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Survival Prepping

Post by The Annoyed Man »

clarionite wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:51 pm Questions like "how much water should I store" are very good reasons to COOHMP. Personally, we have a LOT of bottled water stored, but it’s nowhere near enough. There can never BE enough, for the 6 of us who live here and and being located in suburbia, without there being a steady source that’s independent of the water grid.

Our next step is to buy a couple (to start) of 275 gallon water tanks and connect them to our rain gutters. We'll then run them through a Berky filter for drinking. Otherwise we'll use it for taking spit baths and watering the garden.

But ultimately, we still need to "come out of her my people" and find a rural property with its own well.
I'm looking for rural land currently. And garden water is part of the planning process. I've been pricing storage tanks. Part of what I've been wanting was a french drain into a tank burred for use as a cistern. I hadn't worked out the specifics of making it potable yet.
Worth watching:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Survival Prepping

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”