17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 17

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by ELB »

C-dub wrote:Did anyone see what happened with the "doll" today? I read about it, but would have liked to have seen it when it happened.
There are links to video segments of today's testimony in this thread: http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zi ... row//#more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect you will find in in one of those. You can probably find it directly on Youtube.
USAF 1982-2005

Dave2
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dave2 »

fickman wrote:BREAKING NEWS (probably deserving of its own thread):
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/07/10/ne ... -protests/
Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents proving that the Department of Justice played a major behind-the-scenes role in organizing protests against George Zimmerman. Zimmerman is on trial for second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in February 2012.
(CRS = DOJ unit called the Community Relations Service)
March 25 – 27, 2012, CRS spent $674.14 upon being “deployed to Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

March 25 – 28, 2012, CRS spent $1,142.84 “in Sanford, FL to work marches, demonstrations, and rallies related to the shooting and death of an African-American teen by a neighborhood watch captain.”

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent $892.55 in Sanford, FL “to provide support for protest deployment in Florida.”

March 30 – April 1, 2012, CRS spent an additional $751.60 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance to the City of Sanford, event organizers, and law enforcement agencies for the march and rally on March 31.”

April 3 – 12, 2012, CRS spent $1,307.40 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance, conciliation, and onsite mediation during demonstrations planned in Sanford.”

April 11-12, 2012, CRS spent $552.35 in Sanford, FL “to provide technical assistance for the preparation of possible marches and rallies related to the fatal shooting of a 17 year old African American male.” – expenses for employees to travel, eat, sleep?
Fox is carrying the story now, too: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07 ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just when I thought the times we live in couldn't get much more interesting...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 36

Post by C-dub »

ELB wrote:
C-dub wrote:Did anyone see what happened with the "doll" today? I read about it, but would have liked to have seen it when it happened.
There are links to video segments of today's testimony in this thread: http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/zi ... row//#more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect you will find in in one of those. You can probably find it directly on Youtube.
It was in part 7. That was pretty good.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

A-R
Posts in topic: 50

Post by A-R »

Good analysis by John Lott

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/ ... man-trial/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

ELB wrote:
Panda wrote:I read the judge directly questioned Zimmerman. Was that in open court?
The judge asked him if he wanted to testify. He said no.

Oh, and the jury was present. It was after the last defense witness stepped down, court recessed, and the lawyers were doing some administrivia, entering last pieces of evidence into the trial.

Judge also denied another motion to acquit.
If court recessed, the jury wasn't there. Which was it?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

baldeagle wrote:
ELB wrote:
Panda wrote:I read the judge directly questioned Zimmerman. Was that in open court?

Oh, and the jury was present. It was after the last defense witness stepped down, court recessed, and the lawyers were doing some administrivia, entering last pieces of evidence into the trial.

My faulty memory says the jury was not present. It wouldn't make sense to do that in front of the jury.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 61

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

sjfcontrol wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
ELB wrote:

My faulty memory says the jury was not present. It wouldn't make sense to do that in front of the jury.
Yep... On oil Riley tonight it was said that the jury was not present for that exchange.

Frankie
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Frankie »

This image if O'Mara, basically reenacting Trayvon straddling Zimmerman and smashing his head into the concrete, was a pivotal moment in this trail. The Jury members were all standing and leaning over getting a good look at this. They were now able to visualize what was happening to Zimmerman. This combined with the images of Zimmermans injuries is pretty powerful. This echoes the key moment in this trial like the "if the glove don't' fit....." from another famous trial.
I'd like to see this again during closing arguments so to make sure it hits home with the Jury.

ELB

Post by ELB »

sjfcontrol wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
ELB wrote:

RATS. My comment was supposed to say "the jury was NOT present." sorry about that. flailing fingers I guess. :oops:
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

baldeagle wrote:
ELB wrote:

See correction just above. sigh. :roll:
USAF 1982-2005

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

AndyC wrote:Defense: "It's not illegal to follow someone on foot or in a car"
Judge: "Show me where that's codified in the law"

:banghead:
The judge and prosecution are either desperate, or the outcome has somehow been pee-determined --though I can't see how they could get all six jurors to play along.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 7

Post by canvasbck »

During the charging conference, the judge has clearly stayed in the Prosecution's pocket. Unbelievable how biased she is. Below is one of the tweets from legal insurrection.
Rumored: Nelson to consolidate jury instructions to read simply: "You must find the defendant, George Zimmerman, guilty"
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

VMI77
Posts in topic: 98

Post by VMI77 »

They don't even care how outrageous their conduct is. The prosecution in this case (which obviously includes the judge) is spitting in the face of every law abiding American while destroying the last vestiges of the rule-of-law. This is the most sorry legal episode I've seen in my life time.
In a surprise move this morning, the prosecution asked the Judge to drop the Aggravated Assault charge and to instruct the jury on Third Degree Murder, which is murder in the course of committing a felony.

The felony the State wanted as the predicate was Aggravated Child Abuse (Jury Instruction) because Trayvon Martin was 17 at the time of the shooting.

According to Don West, the defense was not notified until 7:30 a.m. this morning.

This surprise is important because the defense did not have time to research the law, while the State presented numerous cases.
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/br ... /#comments
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

AndyC wrote:Defense: "It's not illegal to follow someone on foot or in a car"
Judge: "Show me where that's codified in the law"

:banghead:
It was actually worse than that. After that, West asked the judge to ask the prosecution to show a statute that shows that following IS illegal, and the judge replied "You're asking him to prove a negative." Black is white, and up is down.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Off-Topic”