Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by dale blanker »

carlson1 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm
Maxwell wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm
Misfit Child wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:42 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm Sorry it was First Daughter she called a feckless C word not the First Lady. My mistake.
Any bets whether her show will be cancelled as quickly as Roseanne?
We wish...
It is amazing this woman’s show is not a live show. That means everyone knew what was said and they aired the show anyways. I doubt serously because of that this show will be cancelled.
Sure, Samantha Bee should be trashed and lack of commercial support will probably do it anyway. On the other hand, it's hard to compare profanity with racism. :confused5
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

dale blanker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:37 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:12 pm Sorry it was First Daughter she called a feckless C word not the First Lady. My mistake.
We wish...
It is amazing this woman’s show is not a live show. That means everyone knew what was said and they aired the show anyways. I doubt serously because of that this show will be cancelled.
Sure, Samantha Bee should be trashed and lack of commercial support will probably do it anyway. On the other hand, it's hard to compare profanity with racism. :confused5
There's no argument that racism is bad, but it seems you're saying sexism is OK.

If anyone on the right, even a woman, had used that language toward Pelosi, Feinstein, or your ever lovable SJL, the left would be all over them. You know it's true... we've seen it too often.

Double-standard much?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

carlson1
Posts in topic: 27

Post by carlson1 »

dale blanker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:37 pm
We wish...
You can call me ignorant, but I do not get racism out of Roseann’s statement. It didn’t bother me her show was cancelled. I am not a fan, but the left’s favorite argument when someone white speaks is, “racism.”

carlson1
Posts in topic: 27

Post by carlson1 »

Reminder:

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10341
This is a "G" rated "family" forum, so please keep this in mind when choosing the subject matter of your post, as well as the language you choose. Additional specific rules are as follows:

TexasCHLforum Rules:

1. No profanity, pseudo-profanity, or abbreviated profanity. If you are in doubt about a word, don't use it. Any profanity substitute that gets the profane message across is prohibited!

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

Trump proclaims "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself" this morning. This followed a weekend of cronies trying to sell the idea that a president can't commit obstruction of justice... If this is true (and I don't believe for a minute that it is), can you imagine what the next democrat in office could be allowed to do by such a precedent?!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 am Trump proclaims "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself" this morning. This followed a weekend of cronies trying to sell the idea that a president can't commit obstruction of justice... If this is true (and I don't believe for a minute that it is), can you imagine what the next democrat in office could be allowed to do by such a precedent?!

Gotta love it. Virtue signaling as an art among DemocRats.

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 amGotta love it. Virtue signaling as an art among DemocRats.
I'm trying to figure out the point (if there was one) to your response, but any point seems to have been lost in such an obtuse statement and unrelated graphic.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:21 am Trump proclaims "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself" this morning. This followed a weekend of cronies trying to sell the idea that a president can't commit obstruction of justice... If this is true (and I don't believe for a minute that it is), can you imagine what the next democrat in office could be allowed to do by such a precedent?!

The process to bring a president to justice is impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. Period, full stop. In that sense, he is legally different than everyone else. It has to be that way if you want a county called the US to live in.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

bbhack wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pmThe process to bring a president to justice is impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. Period, full stop. In that sense, he is legally different than everyone else. It has to be that way if you want a county called the US to live in.
Agreed that the process to remove a sitting president is thru impeachment, but does mean that a president can not commit obstruction per se? or that a president could pardon himself without consequence? or that a sitting president is above the law? I think not, or the next obama will have a field day in office. The ideas floating trump's positions on these issues are at best not well though out, or worse, are garbage designed as distraction.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:55 amGotta love it. Virtue signaling as an art among DemocRats.
I'm trying to figure out the point (if there was one) to your response, but any point seems to have been lost in such an obtuse statement and unrelated graphic.
The fact that the point is lost on you is exactly the point. :tiphat:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:20 pm ...
Agreed that the process to remove a sitting president is thru impeachment, but does mean that a president can not commit obstruction per se? or that a president could pardon himself without consequence? or that a sitting president is above the law? I think not, or the next obama will have a field day in office. The ideas floating trump's positions on these issues are at best not well though out, or worse, are garbage designed as distraction.
Any high crime or misdemeanor can be addressed with impeachment and conviction while in office. Once out of office, the normal channels of justice apply. I think we may see this very thing in action very soon.

A former president cannot pardon his own self (or maybe he can?). Maybe a blanket pardon of his own self on the last day in office? That is fully in the middle of banana republic territory.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:20 pm
bbhack wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:01 pmThe process to bring a president to justice is impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate. Period, full stop. In that sense, he is legally different than everyone else. It has to be that way if you want a county called the US to live in.
The first Obama did have a field day. So did Bill and Hillary when they were in office.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pm
philbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:54 am
The fact that the point is lost on you is exactly the point. :tiphat:
The point is lost, it was at the top of a hat(?).
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pmThe fact that the point is lost on you is exactly the point. :tiphat:
I'm sorry, I conduct discussions using logic and reason. If you were communicating in something else, or merely meant to change the subject because you you were unable to utilize either logic or reason in support of a position, then you need to work on an effective form of rhetoric beyond cartoons.

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

bbhack wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 pm ... Maybe a blanket pardon of his own self on the last day in office? That is fully in the middle of banana republic territory.
On that I would concur!

Return to “Off-Topic”