9/11/01 (11 years)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 9/11/01 (11 years)

Post by i8godzilla »

As we reflect back on all that has happened in the last 11 years I want to share this. The following is a Facebook status I read today from Eric M. Eric was in the same unit as my son at Ft. Hood and then in Iraq. Eric and his bride have become part of our family; we care for them and love them like our own. He is currently serving in Afghanistan and due to rotate back before the end of the year.

We go forward to support all that is good and just in our world....Still a fight worth pursuing, protecting the homeland on the other side of the planet where extremists are given refuge. Although strategies have been argued, money has been spent, and lives have been lost, ideologically we are making humanity a safer place.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The attacked happened while I was commuting to work that morning. For some reason I decided not to listen to the radio that morning so I didn't find out until I got to work. One of my co-workers was watching the video on his computer and asked me if I had heard about it. A few hours later I contacted a couple of family members [none of them in New York or Pennsylvania]. Mostly, I just remember feeling numb for a few days. :patriot:
NRA Endowment Member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

As someone who was on active duty during those terrible events, I say with all honesty that it still breaks my heart. The son of one of my former supervisors lost his legs to an IED attack not long ago. I also know a young soldier who is getting trained up to go over. They, and all the others in uniform, those who did their best that day on Flight 93, and all the first responders to the horrible attacks, have my continuing gratitude and respect.

:patriot:

Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

I remember a buddy calling me in my dorm room waking me up early (Pacific time zone) and telling me to turn on my TV. I asked which channel. He said, "It doesn't matter." I spent the next 5 mins in awe the I saw the second plane hit. The I spent the next few days in a stunned funk.

We had a moment of silence today at the Airport. Never Forget.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Joe "foot-in-mouth" Biden called todays memorial a "bittersweet" moment. Is English truly his first language?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/09 ... l?hp=r2_b1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Post by 77346 »

Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

emcee rib

Post by emcee rib »

sjfcontrol wrote:Joe "foot-in-mouth" Biden called todays memorial a "bittersweet" moment. Is English truly his first language?
We know he hates capitalism, so maybe Comrade Joe is happy the towers fell but bitter there wasn't more damage to the Pentagon.
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

10Shooter

Post by 10Shooter »

My country changed forever.
NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member

Jet Noise, the Sound of Freedom!!

Return to “Off-Topic”