Cisco certification

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cisco certification

Post by Dragonfighter »

AndyC wrote:
RPB wrote:...Access Control Lists...
Ugh, ACLs! That was the only part of my exam where I was nipping badly - my keyboard was double-spacing for some reason, so I couldn't just up-arrow and accurately edit the previous line eg. from permit to deny, so I had to wipe everything and do each line manually.

That was fine once I got going, but when I went to apply my ACL to a specific interface on the router, I typed access-group 101 in - and the command wouldn't work :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blood was hammering in my ears and all I could think about was how I'd let everybody down if I walked out a failure. I knew I couldn't skip the question and come back to it as the exam doesn't allow that, so I looked at the clock and went "Calm down, don't panic - you've got plenty of time and you've done this a thousand times. Close your eyes and see the command...."

And then after 30 seconds or so, realised I'd left out the prefix ip - dummy! I literally shivered with relief once I got it in and it worked!
Ooo. My head hurts.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RPB »

Dragonfighter wrote:
AndyC wrote:
RPB wrote:...Access Control Lists...
Ugh, ACLs! That was the only part of my exam where I was nipping badly - my keyboard was double-spacing for some reason, so I couldn't just up-arrow and accurately edit the previous line eg. from permit to deny, so I had to wipe everything and do each line manually.

That was fine once I got going, but when I went to apply my ACL to a specific interface on the router, I typed access-group 101 in - and the command wouldn't work :shock: :shock: :shock:

Blood was hammering in my ears and all I could think about was how I'd let everybody down if I walked out a failure. I knew I couldn't skip the question and come back to it as the exam doesn't allow that, so I looked at the clock and went "Calm down, don't panic - you've got plenty of time and you've done this a thousand times. Close your eyes and see the command...."

And then after 30 seconds or so, realised I'd left out the prefix ip - dummy! I literally shivered with relief once I got it in and it worked!
Ooo. My head hurts.
Seems mind-boggling at first, but after you are around it for five to ten years, you'll spot a simple typo or something real fast that others work hours to figure out.

I actually audited a class (in like Netmeeting chatroom environment at MSN) on access lists and after the instructor was holding up class (ran about 2 hours longer than it should) trying to help a girl who couldn't "get it" I got busted whispering the answers to the girl. Boy was that instructor mad ... I ended up being that instructor's supervisor soon afterward, and we laughed about it years later. (We didn't put the person who didn't "get it" in a position where she needed it either though .... :lol: I was tired and didn't want to spend the entire night in that class lol.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

rob845
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rob845 »

Congrats!! I am actually taking mine this Friday. :lol:
*Taurus PT845/745
*Bersa Thunder 9 Compact

Return to “Off-Topic”