Buy A New Truck - The 50% Off Sale Has Arrived!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Buy A New Truck - The 50% Off Sale Has Arrived!

Post by gregthehand »

Sorry I'm going to disagree on the Turbo Jokes that come in the Fords. My company bought them for a long time and finally got rid of all of them. The one we had at the location I managed cost us something like $8500 in six months just to keep it on the road. The location down the road from us spent $13,000 to keep there's on the road. Their tranny went bad and the area Ford Warranty rep told us that there was some kind of problems with them that Ford basically refused to fix. Also the turbos went bad on almost all the Ford diesels we had. My opinion would be don't buy a diesel until the big three decide they want to make one that is worth a dang. Dodge has known about the problems with their fuel systems since about the mid to late 90s for example and still refuses to change them. If you just have to buy a diesel (If I'm hauling anything less than 18,000 lbs I'm getting a gasser) know you will have to watch out for things. If you get a Dodge buy the standard and monitor the fuel transfer pump often. Once the warranty runs out or you get tired of replacing transfer pumps replace with a FASS system. If you buy the Ford also buy a standard but watch the idling and other issues mentioned above. Chevrolet/GMC in my opinion is the best right now but I'm told they have bad computer/ECM problems. The Alyson automatic transmission is pretty good but I still prefer standards in the diesel trucks.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

casingpoint
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Buy A New Truck - The 50% Off Sale Has Arrived!

Post by casingpoint »

Better to skip the one ton and ton and a half diesels and go straight to the two tons where the technology has been around for many years.

Return to “Off-Topic”