Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Web Site Offers to Send Post-Rapture E-Mails to Friends

Post by bdickens »

No comment.
Byron Dickens

thankGod

Post by thankGod »

I'm not trying to open a can of worms, so please don't flame me. The "Rapture" is a relatively new idea. It will not happen. It is not supported in Christianity. The Web Site offering the service is an unethical scam praying on venerability of many people.
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Not to mention "no discussion of religion...." in the forum guidelines.
Byron Dickens

iratollah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by iratollah »

bdickens wrote:Not to mention "no discussion of religion...." in the forum guidelines.
So put your hands up and back slowly away from the keyboard.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

oh, sure, we'll let the GlockenHeimers of the world in. Just don't tell Jerry! :lol:
actually, Kimber makes a polymer frame, so we'll just use that.

and besides, if it were true paradise, we wouldn't have any FTF's, FTE's, break-in periods, trigger jobs, magazine capacity issues...

no HiPoints allowed, though...
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

thankGod

Post by thankGod »

bdickens wrote:Not to mention "no discussion of religion...." in the forum guidelines.

Sorry. My Bad. :oops:
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

DParker
Banned

Post by DParker »

"In the encrypted portion of your account you can give them access to your banking, brokerage, hidden valuables and powers of attorneys," the site says.

"There won't be any bodies, so probate court will take seven years to clear your assets to your next of kin. Seven years, of course, is all the time that will be left," it explains. "So, basically the Government of the Antichrist gets your stuff, unless you make it available in another way."

A more transparent scam I can't imagine. But sadly, some people (probably quite a few of them) are actually going to swallow this one...and then be genuinely surprised when they find that their identities have been stolen and their bank accounts wiped out.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

drw wrote:This talk about servers and forums on "the other side" reminds me of an outstanding book I read some time ago. I'm not sure if this is appropriate for the forum here or not (and if so, please edit or delete this post), but I read an outstanding book several years ago by a Christian author named Randy Alcorn. It's called "Heaven" and is readily available anywhere.

Randy talks about the resurrection and the New Earth and what the Bible actually says about "heaven". It's a phenomenal read that really opened my eyes and, for the first time ever, got me truly excited to be anticipating the resurrection of the saints. I can't recommend the book highly enough (actually, all of Randy Alcorn's books are good).

The basic premise of the book is that "in heaven" we aren't disembodied spirits but rather physical people with new and improved bodies, living on a "new earth" that is just like this one (complete with grass and trees, dirt and water), but without the curse of sin. So everlasting life truly means life in the sense that we currently know it, without pain, suffering or death. That thought, for some reason, was extremely powerful to me and gave me a real sense of excitement for the resurrection. Do yourself a huge favor and check out the book.
I've read it. I've also read "Dominion," "Deadline," "Edge of Eternity," and "Safely Home" by Randy Alcorn. He writes beautifully about heaven. I actually exchanged several emails with Alcorn back when I was a new believer.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

Wasn't there a disney flick moons ago....

newest installment: "All Blogs goto Heaven"
:evil2:
NRA Benefactor Member

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

thankGod wrote:I'm not trying to open a can of worms, so please don't flame me. The "Rapture" is a relatively new idea. It will not happen. It is not supported in Christianity. The Web Site offering the service is an unethical scam praying on venerability of many people.
And they've got it backwards anyway; rapture is what the rest of us will feel when there's a sudden shortage of self-righteous types.

Return to “Off-Topic”