Census

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cowboymd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Census

Post by cowboymd »

seamusTX wrote:Now even I'm disillusioned.

I got the letter saying that I would get a census form. I got the census form, filled it out, and mailed it the next day. Then I got the postcard reminding me to fill it out.

Yesterday I got a second census form. :roll:

- Jim
I received a second one also, and a second one for the vacant rent house we have. :headscratch So if everyone gets a second form, fills it out and turns it in, does the population of the U.S.A. somehow double? :mrgreen:
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

cowboymd wrote:
seamusTX wrote:Now even I'm disillusioned.

I got the letter saying that I would get a census form. I got the census form, filled it out, and mailed it the next day. Then I got the postcard reminding me to fill it out.

Yesterday I got a second census form. :roll:

- Jim
I received a second one also, and a second one for the vacant rent house we have. :headscratch So if everyone gets a second form, fills it out and turns it in, does the population of the U.S.A. somehow double? :mrgreen:
It will double...Only when you get your voter's registration! It's an ACORN proven fact. :thumbs2:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I also received my second census form yesterday. In big bold letters was the following:

"YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW"

I've already sent in my census over a week ago. How annoying!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LarryH
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LarryH »

Darn. We'll probably get another form, too.

Wife mentioned that our census form was still sitting on her desk. She had reported "American" for both of us, but decided to change hers to "Irish-American" and mine to "Scandinavian-American" until I told her that either "Germanic-" or Teutonic-American" would be more accurate for me. Don't know what she finally wrote down.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

I dont know how they can ask "how many people are in your house on April 1, 2010" and expect an answer BEFORE that date, so they certainly should not send out a reminder BEFORE at least April 5-6, for April 1 returns to get to them.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

seniorshooteress

Post by seniorshooteress »

The census people must really like me. I got another one to fill out and mail back. Guess they didn't like my answers to the first one. Maybe I was supposed to count my dogs?? :smilelol5: I sent this second back as well if they send another I'll put my dogs on that one see if I get a number 4.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

MasterofFajitas

Post by MasterofFajitas »

marksiwel wrote:So um...this is gonna sound strange.
But how does the Census work? Do I go someplace, send in a form, do they come to me? What happens? What do they ask?
If you're very lucky like I am, you'll receive 5 packets in the mail as I just did. :headscratch
October 19, 2009 Application Mailed
October 26, 2009 PIN issued
January 19, 2009 Application Completed - license issued
January 22, 2010 License In Hand

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

MasterofFajitas wrote:
marksiwel wrote:So um...this is gonna sound strange.
But how does the Census work? Do I go someplace, send in a form, do they come to me? What happens? What do they ask?
If you're very lucky like I am, you'll receive 5 packets in the mail as I just did. :headscratch
You must be registered as a Democrat :biggrinjester:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

C-dub wrote:I also received my second census form yesterday. In big bold letters was the following:

"YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW"

I've already sent in my census over a week ago. How annoying!
Still haven't received ANY mailings. But then, I've only lived at this address 58 years.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Off-Topic”