Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... -9/394892/

Must be part of the TPP. "rlol"
Two weeks later, Waco authorities still aren’t telling how many of the dead bikers were shot by police officers, how many cops fired their weapons, or how many total rounds they discharged.

Yahoo News filed public records requests to try to learn more, but reported last night that Waco authorities have asked state officials for permission to withhold documents.

Police haven’t released any video of the shoot-out to the public.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

Had a great steak dinner at Twin Peaks in Houston. Place was packed practically every seat was taken ( NBA Finals tonight)

Any stigma has been forgotten.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/witnesses-semi-au ... 33209.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Associated Press corrects its story where it got confused about Automatic and Semi Automatic gun fire.

DocV
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DocV »

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks ... 6efa0.html
Updated: 4:45 p.m.: Waco Police Chief Brent Stroman said Friday that three Waco officers fired a total of 12 shots during the May 17 Twin Peaks shootout that killed nine people and injured 18, landing 177 suspects in jail.

Stroman said 12 shell casings were fired from police rifles and found at the scene. No other law enforcement officers from other agencies fired their weapons, he said.

So far, a total of 44 casings have been recovered, but Stroman said that total doesn’t include any casings that remained inside revolvers that were fired. All other shells found at the scene weren’t from law enforcement weapons, he said.
The release also states the number of weapons discovered at the crime scene has increased to 475 “and may continue to increase.” The list includes 151 firearms, 12 of which were long guns. Other weapons include knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray and a chain.

“Some were found using metal detectors as they were buried beneath the grass in the dirt,” the release said.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

The data is going to be interesting... for sure..

Dave2
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dave2 »

DocV wrote:http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks ... 6efa0.html
Waco Tribune wrote:The release also states the number of weapons discovered at the crime scene has increased to 475 “and may continue to increase.” The list includes 151 firearms, 12 of which were long guns. Other weapons include knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray and a chain.

“Some were found using metal detectors as they were buried beneath the grass in the dirt,” the release said.
:headscratch Why are they assuming that weapons found buried in the ground belonged to the bikers?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

talltex
Posts in topic: 17

Post by talltex »

Dave2 wrote:
Waco Tribune wrote:The release also states the number of weapons discovered at the crime scene has increased to 475 “and may continue to increase.” The list includes 151 firearms, 12 of which were long guns. Other weapons include knives, brass knuckles, batons, tomahawks, weighted weapons, a hatchet, stun guns, bats, clubs, a machete, a pipe, an ax, pepper spray and a chain.

:headscratch Why are they assuming that weapons found buried in the ground belonged to the bikers?
An "educated guess"? The place has only been open a few months, and anything buried in the dirt prior to that, would have been bladed up during site prep for the construction, so aside from this incident, how many other patrons would have had any reason to do so? I can't really see that it will have any use as far as the prosecution is concerned, because while I think it's a pretty valid assumption, it would be very difficult to prove any of it.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

ELB

Post by ELB »

Dave2 wrote: ...
Why on earth would they assume otherwise?
USAF 1982-2005

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Dave2 wrote:

I'm more interested in when this burying took place and how.....either they buried weapons while under police observation or they would have had to bury them in advance of the meeting. Seems a little strange that people burying guns in a shopping center wouldn't be noticed by anyone or draw any attention. And how were they buried....just in the dirt, inside plastic bags, etc? How deep? When they were burying these guns were they wearing their MC gear or had they disguised themselves as gardeners or something? Did they use their hands or were they out digging holes around the shopping center with shovels? Did both sides in the conflict bury weapons, and if so, how did they make sure they didn't run into the other side at the time? How long beforehand were the guns buried...the night before, week before, month before? Seems like the longer they were in the ground the greater the chance of being discovered, and if they did it just prior, since the police were on to this meeting, were they watching the shopping center? If they weren't why weren't they? If they were did the police dig the weapons up before the meeting to deny one possibility of escalation? If not, why not? If they needed the weapons how were they going to retrieve them in a fight? Dig holes in exposed positions while the bullets were flying? If the police had to use metal detectors to find them how were they going to find them in a firefight? If they planned to dig them up before the fight how were they going to do it without tipping off the other side, and why didn't they dig them up? Were they throwaways or were they going to come back and dig them up later if they weren't needed, risking another opportunity to be caught?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

When you're counting weapons via TSA-style, every little weapon counts. Never know when you might unearth a deadly arrowhead that could be used to help convict a jacket-wearing harley rider.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:When you're counting weapons via TSA-style, every little weapon counts. Never know when you might unearth a deadly arrowhead that could be used to help convict a jacket-wearing harley rider.
Even Breitbart is expressing skepticism now.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/06/ ... -unravels/
Four weeks after the deadly May 17th shooting incident outside a Waco Twin Peaks restaurant, more details have come out concerning the incident, but significant questions still remain about the actions taken by law enforcement and the police’s account of what transpired.

Although the national mainstream media has largely moved on from the Waco story, if critics of the police are correct, the incident represents an unprecedented civil rights violation and media cover-up campaign by the Waco authorities.
However, since the four were arrested, the incident has cast a shadow over their lives, because the Waco authorities immediately took a “Guilty Until Proven Innocent” attitude.

Grim Guardians members King, Harris and Garcia were featured in a previous Breitbart Texas story because they were arrested near the Twin Peaks scene, but hadn’t actually been there. They were given a smaller bond and then released, but once Waco officials realized they had been released, they ordered the trio re-arrested… before they were eventually released again.
How's that for justice American style?

ELB

Post by ELB »

The Breitbart article is basically some quotes from other newspapers. Not exactly news, I think. Especially when a substantial part of it is quoting an article that quotes a woman who wasn't there but is repeating "rumours swirling" around the biker community.

meh.

I'll wait a bit longer.
USAF 1982-2005

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

ELB wrote:The Breitbart article is basically some quotes from other newspapers. Not exactly news, I think. Especially when a substantial part of it is quoting an article that quotes a woman who wasn't there but is repeating "rumours swirling" around the biker community.

meh.

I'll wait a bit longer.
That's why my citation was of their skepticism, and one clear injustice that isn't in doubt. IMO, the corrupt and incompetent BATF is behind it, in the shadows, and put Waco PD in a bind. Just smells that way to me.
Last edited by VMI77 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

VMI77 wrote:
ELB wrote:The Breitbart article is basically some quotes from other newspapers. Not exactly news, I think. Especially when a substantial part of it is quoting an article that quotes a woman who wasn't there but is repeating "rumours swirling" around the biker community.

meh.

I'll wait a bit longer.
That's why my citation was of their skepticism, and the one clear injustice that isn't in doubt. IMO, the corrupt and incompetent BATF is behind it, in the shadows, and put Waco PD in a bind. Just smells that way to me.
What, with the ATF's stellar history in Waco? :tiphat:

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Wait.. it the tide turning here? What happened to mamma-said, the company you keep, and what you wear matters? OK, I made that last bit up about what you wear... But still, it amazes me that outspoken, law-abiding, conservative, constitution-believing people could ever support an such an obvious round up and throw-away the key... Even if it did net quite a few bad guys.

Makes me want to go live on an island. No, you don't need to second that motion.. ;-)

Return to “Off-Topic”