Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by Oldgringo »

ShootDontTalk wrote:
{snip}

As I get older, I learn that associating with people of questionable or unknown integrity is not really something I want to do. When bad things happen to good people who do associate with them, I can't really say they should be surprised. Just me though.
Nope, it's not just you. Rightfully or wrongly, we are known by the company we keep. As my man Forrest said, "Life is like a box of chocolates".

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

Headed to the lake house where we have them. We have about 8 of them. Couple of Harley's, Ktm, 3 BMW touring bikes. I feel no obligation to prove anything to you.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 18

Post by ShootDontTalk »

mojo84 wrote:Headed to the lake house where we have them. We have about 8 of them. Couple of Harley's, Ktm, 3 BMW touring bikes. I feel no obligation to prove anything to you.
You are absolutely right. You don't owe us any explanation or proof. I dare say that we are all on the same side. As for me, I believe you have the right to live your life as you please. Be safe and have a good time.

The best vacation my wife and I ever took was all around the western states together on our bike. Memories for a lifetime.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

mojo84 wrote:Headed to the lake house where we have them. We have about 8 of them. Couple of Harley's, Ktm, 3 BMW touring bikes. I feel no obligation to prove anything to you.
I just thought it might be nice to see what you ride. But, I can certainly understand, trying to pick which Harley to post out of the
8 bikes you ride-own-possess might be a hard choice. Have fun at the lake.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

gemini wrote:
I just thought it might be nice to see what you ride. But, I can certainly understand, trying to pick which Harley to post out of the

Cute
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

Mojo, you may be alright yet.. :-)

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

:lol: Just about everybody has some redeeming quality.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

AndyC wrote: That's not up to the cops - that's up to the prosecutor and the courts, right? I'm also not sure there's any precedent for handling events like this, so they may be making it up as they go along - and you're welcome to leave out all the strawman "If that's OK with you" statements, because I haven't said nor implied that I'm fine with innocent people being nailed. I'm just as pro-liberty as you are.
Of course there is precedent... Somewhere in the USA we've had mass melees. We've certainly had massive violence between real organized crime groups in our history. And you're right - I expect LEOs and prosecutors to pursue the most aggressive detainment terms possible. That's their job as prosecutors and their half of the legal system. I'm really most incredulous around a judiciary that actually allowed that 1M bail in this situation - I would have loved to know exactly how that went down. The result is that we've really only got one narrative and the "facts" smell bad - 17-20 officers taking down 170 felonious, hardened criminal bikers with "400+" weapons without a single injury... Best police force in the world or something wasn't as described.

Andy, I really wasn't speaking to you with "if that's OK with you" - it wasn't an attack on you personally. I'm not professing straw men and I think those calls are generally just distraction - I'm happy to stay on topic. I just massively question those saying that this sort of round up is OK based on nothing but association. Momma gave good advice, but I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that you could be arrested and jailed without bond for a month based on the company you keep. She might say "I told you so" - but she'd also be out hiring a darn good lawyer...

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

mojo84 wrote:
gemini wrote:

Cute
Not worth a response. Adios.

AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

gemini wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
gemini wrote:

Cute
Not worth a response. Adios.
Y'all are making the kittens cry.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote::lol: Just about everybody has some redeeming quality.
Just about....

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 36

Post by ScooterSissy »

mojo84 wrote:Yeah, but 100% of the bikers shooting it out at Twin Peaks were bad guys and not choir boys.
What, exactly, makes them all "bad guys", and from where do you get your information?

This was an announced CoC meeting. If you and your wife and a few other couples decided you wanted to start wearing a backpatch on leather vests with pretty pink ponies and a top rocker in gold lettering that said "Imagination Riders"; you very well might find yourself at a CoC meeting (just like this one) asking their permission.

That's one of problems with the way stories of this incident are being spread; people who think they know something, when they really don't.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... l-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't know this website, don't know if any of it is accurate. It is obviously written in a manner to give only one side.

Apparently they are saying 2/3 of those arrested had no criminal record in Texas among other things.

I would much prefer if a lot of what is said is incorrect.

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 36

Post by ScooterSissy »

fickman wrote:...The other was an undercover LEO asking for the CHL law to be updated to prevent felons and members of known gangs from carrying. I get the logic, but that's a slippery slope akin to the no-fly list.
IANAL, but my understanding of Texas law is that it is already illegal for gang members to carry:

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
(2) the person is:
(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

Return to “Off-Topic”