Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by stroo »

Question: How many of you would have intervened with your gun if you had been in Twin Peaks and saw the fighting/shooting develop?

Or would you have chosen to either get out of the way or be a good witness?

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

stroo wrote:Question: How many of you would have intervened with your gun if you had been in Twin Peaks and saw the fighting/shooting develop?

I take door number 3- see what's going in and not eat there

jmra
Posts in topic: 24

Post by jmra »

stroo wrote:Question: How many of you would have intervened with your gun if you had been in Twin Peaks and saw the fighting/shooting develop?

Impossible for me to answer that question for two reasons:
1. I don't eat anywhere in which the name of the restaurant is a reference to the female anatomy.
2. I don't eat anywhere frequented by street gangs.
This is all about situational awareness and avoiding placing yourself and your family in harms way. So fortunately there is no decision for me to make because I would never allow myself to be in that situation to begin with.
Last edited by jmra on Thu May 21, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

I wouldn't have been in Twin Peaks in the first place, but assuming I had any interest in patronizing the place.....seeing the police presence and all the motorcycles I wouldn't have gone in. If I had been foolish enough to enter under those circumstances I would have gotten out of the way and tried to avoid being shot. There is no way I'd have intervened or displayed a weapon with police on the scene. A police bullet isn't any more friendly than one from a criminal.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

I would have headed to the freezer, probably nothing there is fresh, and tried to create as much frozen food cover/concealment as possible. Then would sit there ready to shoot anyone that came in looking threatening or looking like they wanted to throw me in the deep fat fryer.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:Twin Peaks in Odessa had canceled their bike nights. Different franchisee I believe.
I am understanding from a friend who is a licensed professional who happens to ride a motorcycle
that bike nights or bike events at restaurants are very common. But they are being cancelled now as a result of this event.

So far motorcyclists are taking the heat from this and not gun owners.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

on the lighter side
read the reviews
https://plus.google.com/118104908092187070143/about
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

Those reviews are hilarious.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

gemini
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gemini »

mojo84 wrote:I would have headed to the freezer, probably nothing there is fresh, and tried to create as much frozen food cover/concealment as possible. Then would sit there ready to shoot anyone that came in looking threatening or looking like they wanted to throw me in the deep fat fryer.
I'm gonna jump in here again for just a minute. Although I've enjoyed reading this entire thread, I think
many have posted opinions without having any experience. I would think it'd be hard to judge a menu, food
quality, moral character of a waitress or employee and even a "bike night" if you'd never been to one.
I have eaten at TP many times (not ever in Waco if that makes any difference). They actually have better
fast food than most other establishments that serve "fast food". The shrimp & chicken basket is quite tasty,
the sirloin roast beef is good, home-made mashed taters, fresh cooked veggies, good cob salad. Burgers
are so-so but..... like wings, it is what it is. Advice is just be selective.
Bike nights? Yes. I've been to several at a local TP. I was there to see the other bikes and what mods or
custom alterations had been done. Omg. There were some scary MC people there too. And nothing happened.
No one bothered anyone else.
I was happy to read the statement that the Groesbeck Police Chief put out. I'll say it again, 99% of the riding
community are normal everyday folks. Folks that go to rally's, to bike nights, to charity rides, Dr's, lawyers,
Indian Chiefs ( somewhere), many husband & wife two up riders out touring together.
Please look twice before entering traffic, turning left or changing lanes. Stop texting while driving. Do not
tail gate anyone....especially a motorcycle. Thank you.

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:Those reviews are hilarious.
:iagree:
Needed the laugh
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I'm with VM - not so much professing the "goodness" of the two large MC groups, but things just don't smell right to me:

"McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara and Swanton declined to comment Tuesday on whether innocent bikers were arrested in the melee."
"Police have said that all those arrested were part of criminal motorcycle gangs, but only two of the nine killed had criminal histories in Texas."
"Records show one of the slain, Wayne Lee Campbell, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in 2002 in Rowlett in Dallas County and sentenced to probation. In 2007, Campbell was charged with assault in Tarrant County and served 45 days in jail."
"Another of those killed, Manuel Isaac Rodriguez, was arrested in 2010 and served probation for unlawfully carrying a weapon at a bar in Lewisville."
"Police have acknowledged firing on armed bikers, but it isn’t clear how many of the dead were shot by bikers and how many were shot by officers."

Basically this is a good summary of what I'm thinking:
"“Yes, there was a problem at this scene, and it was absolutely horrific, but there just also happened to be a significant amount of people there who had nothing to do with it,” he said."'

This is an uber-common Harley hang out. It's right across from Waco HD. There are going to be lots of "civilian" bikers wearing vests and logos. Doesn't make them outlaws.

Remember, the story here is that there was a massive murderistic brawl of 170 hardened criminal bikers, all armed with an average of 2-3 weapons each. The police managed to apprehend all of these hardened criminals without taking a single loss or injury or having a single "civilian" casualty. It's actually a really impressive story from that angle...

Mark my words: This is going to cost Waco a *LOT* of money... You simply cannot arrest everyone and throw away the key like this...
Last edited by cb1000rider on Thu May 21, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPBrown »

I have just read this entire topic and have to put in my .02.

As you may can tell from my avitar, I ride a Harley, I am a patch wearing member of the Patriot Guard Riders, The Masonic Riding Club, and Fellowship Riders. Yes I have a vest for each orginazation and wear each proudly.

I have been to more than 1 of the TXCoC meetings representing one or more of these orginizations and to get insight on new and existing laws, safety campaigns, and upcoming rallies. Untill a few months ago, there was never an issue anywhere near this magnitude but there have been some minor altercations that were quickly put to rest by the membership that was there. However, this event has been brewing for about a year. Now I am not going to put blame on any club because I wasn't there by the grace of God. I do know that the Cossacks did not want to conform to the "rules" butin my opinion, there shouldn't be "territory" anyway.

With the above statement said, I am no outlaw, I know some of you here personally and don't think you consider me an outlaw. I don't ride with outlaw clubs UNLESS it is to benifit a charity I believe in such as Toys for Tots, Scottish Rite Hospital, Shriners Burn Center and etc. So to say that because I very well could have been to this event makes me an outlaw biker gang member because I associate with them on occassion is ludicrus.

Now, I have been on this forum for a long time and one of the best things that I like about the forum is that for the most part we all believe in the constitution, at least unbtil now. I am shocked tpo see the posts that agree with arresting everyone, if you associate with these clubs you must be an outlaw too, and none of these people should have a CHL because they are all criminals. This is no less profiling than a LEO stopping you because you have a bulge that may or may not be a legally carried gun, or because you drive a 1960's muscle car, or you live in a "bad part of town". IT'S PROFILING no matter how you twist the words.

Now, I don't know who all was arrested or what clubs they belonged to. But I can tell you there are usually no more than 20-25 people from each club present at a CoC meeting, if that many. So it tells me that most likely there were some arrested that were no more a part of this than I am.

Also, if this scenario were carried out at a gun show where they arrested all that came out, everyone here would be screaming.

Remember folks, "judge not lest you be judged". I also aske for prayers for the families of those affected by this horrible incident.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jmra

Post by jmra »

RPBrown wrote:I have just read this entire topic and have to put in my .02.

As you may can tell from my avitar, I ride a Harley, I am a patch wearing member of the Patriot Guard Riders, The Masonic Riding Club, and Fellowship Riders. Yes I have a vest for each orginazation and wear each proudly.

I have been to more than 1 of the TXCoC meetings representing one or more of these orginizations and to get insight on new and existing laws, safety campaigns, and upcoming rallies. Untill a few months ago, there was never an issue anywhere near this magnitude but there have been some minor altercations that were quickly put to rest by the membership that was there. However, this event has been brewing for about a year. Now I am not going to put blame on any club because I wasn't there by the grace of God. I do know that the Cossacks did not want to conform to the "rules" butin my opinion, there shouldn't be "territory" anyway.

With the above statement said, I am no outlaw, I know some of you here personally and don't think you consider me an outlaw. I don't ride with outlaw clubs UNLESS it is to benifit a charity I believe in such as Toys for Tots, Scottish Rite Hospital, Shriners Burn Center and etc. So to say that because I very well could have been to this event makes me an outlaw biker gang member because I associate with them on occassion is ludicrus.

Now, I have been on this forum for a long time and one of the best things that I like about the forum is that for the most part we all believe in the constitution, at least unbtil now. I am shocked tpo see the posts that agree with arresting everyone, if you associate with these clubs you must be an outlaw too, and none of these people should have a CHL because they are all criminals. This is no less profiling than a LEO stopping you because you have a bulge that may or may not be a legally carried gun, or because you drive a 1960's muscle car, or you live in a "bad part of town". IT'S PROFILING no matter how you twist the words.

Now, I don't know who all was arrested or what clubs they belonged to. But I can tell you there are usually no more than 20-25 people from each club present at a CoC meeting, if that many. So it tells me that most likely there were some arrested that were no more a part of this than I am.

Also, if this scenario were carried out at a gun show where they arrested all that came out, everyone here would be screaming.

Remember folks, "judge not lest you be judged". I also aske for prayers for the families of those affected by this horrible incident.
When is the last time 9 people were killed at a gun show? Of course we just as soon call it a gun show given the fact that over a thousand weapons were confiscated.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Never, but it wasn't that long ago that a bunch of people were killed in Waco. Police were waiting outside that time too. It was another group of not-so-good guys... And women... And children. Different scenario, but has some similar markings.
Last edited by cb1000rider on Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPBrown »

jmra wrote:
RPBrown wrote:I have just read this entire topic and have to put in my .02.

When is the last time 9 people were killed at a gun show? Of course we just as soon call it a gun show given the fact that over a thousand weapons were confiscated.
Before Sunday, when was the last time 9 people were killed at a CoC meeting?
Just as a gun show, could happen
I just prefer not to have my civil rights trampled on by profiling
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”