Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by carlson1 »

Radio traffic from shooting. It is clear the subjects are down, but will shooting.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Radi ... w.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

treadlightly wrote:One of the arrested Cossacks is from my little town. Today at lunch he was a topic of conversation among the staff at a nice local burger joint where he apparently often ate lunch. He was always jolly and easy to get along with, and now he's charged with something involving capital murder.
How is he out? He posted $100k of non-refundable bond money? My understanding is that the judiciary in Waco popped every single individual arrested a $1M bail requirement - which means no one is going anywhere unless they're willing to give up $100k... The bond reduction hearings that have been requested are booked for June. If any of these folks weren't involved and are non-criminals, that's quite the unpaid vacation to take only to come back to a lack of employment in many cases... All the motorcycles were taken also - probably an asset forfeiture thing.

If they're all criminals, I've got zero issue with it. However, compare the bond here to things like home invasion and other violent crimes - it's typically not even in the same order of magnitude... If they're innocent until guilty, they're going to be financially too destitute to prove it.

Waco Harley Davidson was reopened at noon today with permission from Waco PD.
Last edited by cb1000rider on Wed May 20, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

I think some are reading other discussion forums and then posting here what they read as if it's fact. Regurgitating here what someone else speculates and posts on other forums does not make it reliable factual info.

Here is one of the forums where it appears some of the info is coming from. BE WARNED, THERE IS SOME BAD LANGUAGE. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY SUCH, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/paris-tx/ ... Q6IH91Q/p2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Post by treadlightly »

How is he out? He posted $100k of non-refundable bond money?
He isn't out, from what I hear. Before getting caught up in the multi-gang shootout, he frequently ate lunch at a popular, family-safe restaurant here. He might not be doing that again for a while. I don't personally know him. He was liked by the staff at the local burger place.

Interesting, by the way. Every time I post about angels from what Sam Clemens once called the Everlasting Tropics, it shows up as heck's angles. I mean angels. Heck's angles are a different crew, best known for the devastating pickup line they use to corrupt innocent co-eds. "Hey, baby, what's your sine?"

But plane common sense says that's tangential to this discussion.
Last edited by treadlightly on Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

I got it.. topic of conversation, not making the conversation...

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 92f-fan »

One report of the wounds listed a very high % of head shots among the dead.
Previous poster here quoted that SWAT team opened fire on "seeing" a gun.

2 things - that many head shots means some accurate shooting AND I didnt think that SWAT typically aimed for the head - its a low % shot.

the low reports of "collateral damage" is interesting as well

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Post by C-dub »

cb1000rider wrote:
treadlightly wrote:One of the arrested Cossacks is from my little town. Today at lunch he was a topic of conversation among the staff at a nice local burger joint where he apparently often ate lunch. He was always jolly and easy to get along with, and now he's charged with something involving capital murder.
How is he out?
He's not out, just the topic of conversation.
treadlightly wrote:Today at lunch he was a topic of conversation ...
Bold emphasis is mine

Glad the Harley dealer is open.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/storie ... 0-15-06-09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some one always has to bring race into everything. This is commentary on the difference in reporting between the Waco shootout and the Baltimore riots. No one is blaming the lack of fathers in the home as the reason for the shoot out. Obama has not labeled these men as thugs.

Most of the people I know who ride motorcycles are licensed professionals.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

92f-fan wrote:One report of the wounds listed a very high % of head shots among the dead.
Previous poster here quoted that SWAT team opened fire on "seeing" a gun.

2 things - that many head shots means some accurate shooting AND I didnt think that SWAT typically aimed for the head - its a low % shot.

the low reports of "collateral damage" is interesting as well
What's more likely...a high percentage of head shots taken with scoped rifles or handguns?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Target1911
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Target1911 »

mojo84 wrote:
Target1911 wrote:

Ya may want to check your facts. Cossacks are not a 1% Club and do not wear a 1% patch

Where can we verify this?
GOOGLE IT...look at their vests front and back. NO 1% PATCH

I am no having to help out the wife and kids of one of the guys locked up. I have known him, his brother and a cousin for 10 years. This one guy has been a member less than 2 yrs One of the guys killed, Wayne, I have known through work for 14 yrs. I seen him drop 5 grand on another of my friends, Dad's funeral. That was out of his pocket and from his heart.

My friends wife and kids will have to move out of their house because he was caught in this drag net charge. My friend has a UCW charge for over 15 years ago. Far cry from being a criminal if you ask me.

Whats crazy is there is a guy in the same jail on CAPITAL MURDER and his bail only 100k
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

jmra

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/storie ... 0-15-06-09

Some one always has to bring race into everything. This is commentary on the difference in reporting between the Waco shootout and the Baltimore riots. No one is blaming the lack of fathers in the home as the reason for the shoot out. Obama has not labeled these men as thugs.

Most of the people I know who ride motorcycles are licensed professionals.
That's probably because you don't associate with drug dealing street gangs. I've owned cruisers off and on for years. I've ridden in bike rides with thousands of other bikes without issue. But most of the patches at those rides were from groups that catered to professionals or groups like CMA of which I was a member.
I doubt you will find many "professionals" among the members of the clubs involved in this incident.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Target1911
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Target1911 »

Oh....and one of the Cossacks killed is an AA pilot

Criminal? Yeah...OK
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Just because they don't advertise it with a patch doesn't make it a fact they aren't a criminal organization.

Associating with known criminal gangs, clubs, MC or what ever is problematic and sets one up to be guilty by association.

Your friend's families are now suffering the consequences of their lives one's bad decision of association. Sucks for them.
Last edited by mojo84 on Wed May 20, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

Target1911 wrote:Oh....and one of the Cossacks killed is an AA pilot

Criminal? Yeah...OK
You do realize that people of all professions have been criminals, right?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TVGuy wrote:
Target1911 wrote:Oh....and one of the Cossacks killed is an AA pilot

Criminal? Yeah...OK
You do realize that people of all professions have been criminals, right?

Yep, and one a retired cop.

Return to “Off-Topic”