DPD asks public not to video record them

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: DPD asks public not to video record them

Post by cb1000rider »

Look, just give DPD the ability to video tape all the time and keep only the videos that they want... It'd just make things so much easier.

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Everybody has their own angle on this question--but IMO the LEOs have enough to be concerned about, when handling any "situation", without having further to be concerned about a 3rd party pointing something (anything) at them!

:boxing

People need to just KEEP THEIR [NOSES] OUT OF OTHERS' BUSINESS. Isn't there a thread about that somewhere here... :txflag:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mojo84 »

Tyranny is their business.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mojo84 wrote:Tyranny is their business.
Tyranny is EVERYBODY'S business!

Seems the cops don't even like their own monitoring systems… http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-lapd ... z2yxY4jQuJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Tyranny is their business.
Tyranny is EVERYBODY'S business!

Seems the cops don't even like their own monitoring systems… http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-lapd ... z2yxY4jQuJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

TomsTXCHL wrote:People need to just KEEP THEIR [NOSES] OUT OF OTHERS' BUSINESS. Isn't there a thread about that somewhere here... :txflag:
1) There are numerous examples that, without a 3rd party recording, would have been resulted in uncorrected injustices.
2) There are also numerous threads on this forum asking "why did people just stand by?"

They're public employees. I'm firm on this one. IF their job is to protect and serve the public and the camera can be used to show that they're doing their jobs, there is absolutely no reason why all interactions with the public shouldn't be recorded... It only hurts bad guys and only helps good guys, regardless of if they have a badge or not.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jaguar wrote:I once was driving past a middle school right before school let out and going past a line of cars waiting to pick up their munchkins when a cop jumped out from the parked cars pointing a gun at me in the classic T. J. Hooker pose. I crossed into the oncoming traffic lane while ducking, only to see it was a radar gun. ....
:smilelol5: :smilelol5:

You owe me a new lap top! The ice tea I just spit all over it is causing the keys to stick.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

mojo84 wrote: I didn't say anything about "collective bargaining".

http://dallaspa.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cleat.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Calling something by a different name doesn't make it something different.
I know you didn't. The fact there is no collective bargaining plus the laws contained in the government and employment codes affects (limits) the scope and influence of the organization. It may look like a union and sound like a union; but it's not a union. And it's not just a matter of "calling it something different"; it is different.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Dragonfighter wrote:
mojo84 wrote: I didn't say anything about "collective bargaining".

http://dallaspa.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cleat.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Calling something by a different name doesn't make it something different.
I know you didn't. The fact there is no collective bargaining plus the laws contained in the government and employment codes affects (limits) the scope and influence of the organization. It may look like a union and sound like a union; but it's not a union. And it's not just a matter of "calling it something different"; it is different.
They operate as a union and call themselves a union. They are just a union that operates within the laws of Texas. They just aren't as powerful as other unions in other states because of the laws. Therefore, their request is just more union junk.
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

TomsTXCHL wrote:Everybody has their own angle on this question--but IMO the LEOs have enough to be concerned about, when handling any "situation", without having further to be concerned about a 3rd party pointing something (anything) at them!

:boxing

People need to just KEEP THEIR [NOSES] OUT OF OTHERS' BUSINESS. Isn't there a thread about that somewhere here... :txflag:

Courts have ruled, and correctly, that as long as someone is not interfering with a police investigation/action that that person can record the event.

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

Unions were formed for good reasons but in my lifetime they have become focused on protecting the bad apples and the incompetents, at the expense of decent, hard working, skilled labor.

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

TomsTXCHL wrote:People need to just KEEP THEIR [NOSES] OUT OF OTHERS' BUSINESS. Isn't there a thread about that somewhere here... :txflag:
:iagree: if they did that, nobody would waste time recording them on video.

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

Tic Tac wrote:Unions were formed for good reasons but in my lifetime they have become focused on protecting the bad apples and the incompetents, at the expense of decent, hard working, skilled labor.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

Tic Tac wrote:
:iagree: if they did that, nobody would waste time recording them on video.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”