I hate the Un-affordable Obama Care

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Re: I hate the Un-affordable Obama Care

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
mojo84 wrote:The unique part is that the government has set up to sell you "private" insurance and they are pushing you to Medicaid, government program, even though people really are not qualified. That is definitely unique to Obamacare.
This is the statists dream: create as big a dependency as you can, because once you've got everybody on that dependence, you own them. There is something so massively evil behind this whole thing.

Anyway, I phoned my insurance agent and described what happened to him. He said that I should go ahead and try to call a navigator. He said that he has had other self-employed clients successfully navigate the process, but they had to bull their way through it by averaging income and so on. He also said that, of course, the danger is that if the system does not extrapolate your average numbers into something close to the actual annual number—like it did with me, see my previous post—then you risk understating your income and over-claiming your subsidy, and then you have to pay back the difference at the end of next tax year.......and that can add up to a LOT of money.

We are so screwed.
Totes McGoats! :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mojo84
Posts in topic: 20

Post by mojo84 »

TAM,
Yes sir, we sure are.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

G0C
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G0C »

Is there doubt in anybody's mind what the founders would have done to the king's men who tried to enforce something like this?

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

G0C wrote:Is there doubt in anybody's mind what the founders would have done to the king's men who tried to enforce something like this?
No.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:TAM,
Yes sir, we sure are.
:iagree:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I look forward to the rate increase on my health care set for 010114 thanks to NOBama care! :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Abraham »

Some years back, I had a kidney stone and the ultimate cost to fix the problem was $8500.00

With the $500.00 our insurance paid and the $250.00 deductible I paid, the hospital was happy with the total of $750.00 vs. the $8500.00 on the invoice.

So, if hospitals are happy with this financial arrangement, what's to prevent an individual negotiating when such things occur?

I can't see paying exorbitant premiums when you can negotiate.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think insurance is for the bigger issues such as the $85,000 heart surgery or the $850,000 cancer. It would be tough to negotiate those down enough to be affordable.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

mojo84,

Ever heard of "death panels'?

Do you sincerely believe when costs are as high as you suggest you goan be covered...?

Nuh-uh, you goan to take de big dirt nap...

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Abraham wrote:mojo84,

Ever heard of "death panels'?

Do you sincerely believe when costs are as high as you suggest you goan be covered...?

Nuh-uh, you goan to take de big dirt nap...

Unfortunately I am all too familiar. In addition to being in the insurance business, I lost my sister and my sister in law recently to cancer. Both of their insurance bills that were near 3/4 of a million bucks each. time will tell how the death panels come into play.most people do not realize we've had them for a while.

I firmly believe a lot of the reason we're in this situation we're in now is because we started expecting insurance to cover routine and minor medical expenses.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Just a FYI. The Dear Leader will be addressing his "subjects" any minute now with an insurance update. Should be interesting to see which law he violates with this campaign speech. Wanna bet he approaches the podium late as usual with his nose stuck squarely up in the air?

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jaguar »

I was diagnosis with cancer eight years ago at age 40. Luckily it was before Obamacare and I had great health insurance and I got it in remission without going to the poor house even though the initial bills added up to well over $250K. With the insurance I have today it would likely bankrupt me so if (when) it reoccurs I doubt I will tell anyone and let it run its course. I'm thankful I still have life insurance and I do not wish for my wife to have to use it to pay medical bills.

I have become my own "death panel."
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

And of coarse he shows his lack of respect for the American people by being late to his own scheduled (news conference) campaign speech. He is a total disgrace to this nation!

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:He is a total disgrace to this nation!
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Jaguar,

I hear ya buddy.

I had a melanoma removed from a quite improbable spot about 30 years ago and found out later that untreated melanoma kills close to 100% of the time. I was lucky it was found and ripped off...

Cancer kills most of those in my family, Father, brother, sister, uncle, and on and on. They didn't pass away, they died.

Much like you, when the next cancer diagnosis pops up for me, as I expect, I will also let nature take it's course as it will probably be liver, pancreas, or some vital something. Since death isn't optional, I'm not worried. I've reached geezer-hood, so I've already done good.

I'm not one to go through chemo and suffer all it's horror, only to die shortly thereafter anyway. To heck with that. I know too many relatives and friends who went that route and none made it out alive, but suffered greatly in the interim as chemo/radiation can be one of those things where the cure (maybe...) is worse than the disease.

My sister had lung cancer and didn't want to go the chemo route, but was talked into it by her doctor. The chemo destroyed her kidneys so she then had to be dialyzed every three or four days for the rest of her short life. She was more miserable with having to go for dialysis than the cancer caused her, not to mention the horror of chemo treatment.

Had she let nature take her, her end would've been far less painful.

Return to “Off-Topic”