Is The CD Dead?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is The CD Dead?

Post by MadMonkey »

I bought an 09 Lexus SUV in May, automatically assuming that it of all vehicles it would have an aux-in that I could use for my MP3 players....

...nope :grumble

Sooo I use the CD changer instead, full of MP3s.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

Real shame these are not considered in the same class as HD televisions.

I started (long ago) with an 8-track. Well, they went out of style, and no new music as available in this 'old' format, so I had to make the switch to cassettes.

Yeah, these also went the way of the do-do's. Dead media, nothing considered anywhere near to new.

Same thing now with CD's.

Our ever present and intrusive federal government stepped into this fight when TV stations began switching over to HD programming.
Can't have Ma and Pa sitting out there in flyover country not able to see the most recent high definition political ads, so they stepped up and gave anyone that needed it a voucher to allow them to update their older tech for new AT NO COST.

Anyone able to draw a parallel to these actions?
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

apostate

Post by apostate »

StewNTexas wrote:Our ever present and intrusive federal government stepped into this fight when TV stations began switching over to HD programming.
Can't have Ma and Pa sitting out there in flyover country not able to see the most recent high definition political ads, so they stepped up and gave anyone that needed it a voucher to allow them to update their older tech for new AT NO COST.
Did I miss a free HDTV boondoggle? I remember the $50 credit for a D-to-A converter box but video resolution was still limited by the display built for NTSC, much like old home computers using a TV for display.

Seventhsword

Post by Seventhsword »

I listen to SiriusXM radio most of the time. If I listen to my own music in the car it's on the 40gig hard drive built into the stereo...
Seventhsword
NRA Life Member, CHL

Return to “Off-Topic”