Need to go buy (bought today) my new glock 17

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texanjoker

Need to go buy (bought today) my new glock 17

Post by texanjoker »

Man I am dreading these crowds! I went in 2 weeks ago to p/u a glock 17 (new Christmas gift) but the crowds were so bad that I left. I was told it was still a 2 hour wait at GT's yesterday :smash: .

I want to do some IDPA and 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot them my .40 hence the reason for the Glock 17.
Last edited by texanjoker on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need to go buy my new glock 17

Post by Teamless »

texanjoker wrote:I want to do some IDPA and 9mm is a lot cheaper to shoot them my .40 hence the reason for the Glock 17.
yes, but right now, I think .40 caliber ammo is more available than 9mm, so should you get a 17, can you shoot it?
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
texanjoker

Re: Need to go buy my new glock 17

Post by texanjoker »

In and out in 30 thanks to the gentleman that gave me his number as the wait was 2 plus hours. New glock 17, 3 hi cap mags, and 250 rounds of ammo.

SQLGeek

Re: Need to go buy (bought today) my new glock 17

Post by SQLGeek »

Generation 4 I take it? Good pick up, hard to beat Glocks. I am partial to the 19 over the 17 but I like them both.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

SQLGeek wrote:Generation 4 I take it? Good pick up, hard to beat Glocks. I am partial to the 19 over the 17 but I like them both.
Yes 17 gen 4. I carry a glock 23 on duty so I really didn't want a 19. I am going to p/u a lonewolf barrel to shoot 9 out of the 23.

daveboyd

Post by daveboyd »

Good choice. I have a Glock 19 as my EDC and I am thinking about getting a 17 for more serious target shooting and home defense. Don't worry about 9mm ammo since GT seems to be able to keep enough of it in stock. I just picked up a couple of boxes this morning at GT.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I guess we all were at gt's today LOL

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I have a 34 with 10 mags on backorder there. I can wait. 17, 19, ad 26 to follow.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

Congratulations on your successful purchase.

I was fortunate that my local gun shop owner warned me six months ago and got me to order a case of 9mm and a case of .45 ACP at a special price. I currently have about 1500 rounds each of 9mm, .45 ACP, and .22 LR to tide me over until the frenzy dies down.

For the past four weeks, my local shop has been steadily flooded with customers. I miss being able to go in and just shoot the breeze. Since I am not really in the market for a new firearm, I almost feel a little guilty just dropping by for casual browsing when they are so overwhelmed with buying customers. Stopping in today, I noticed that many of the customers displayed a "life or death" attitude and were frantic in their need to buy a gun "right now!" I have never seen people so concerned. Many of the purchasers today appeared to be first time gun purchasers.

To his credit, the owner has chosen not to scalp these new buyers. Instead, he gives them the same good deals he always gives, which is another reason I will continue to support him rather than the big box stores. He is a person with great integrity.
:clapping:
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Return to “Off-Topic”