What Did Santa Bring You?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Txfire409
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Did Santa Bring You?

Post by Txfire409 »

a Theis iwb kydex holster.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

i8godzilla wrote:TOne of the other items I received from her deserves a big thank-you to TAM. Now, about now, TAM is saying, "What? I have never met your wife!" Well, she used my phone and the screen had a posting from TAM about AR red dots, scopes, and sights. After reading his post she bought me a Burris AR-536 Prism Sight. Thanks TAM, I'll let you know what I think of it when I get the opportunity to try it out.
Hah! You're more than welcome. I think you'll like it. It's the poor man's ACOG.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

pmcdn

Post by pmcdn »

Santa brought me a brand new Springfield Armory XDs! I love it!
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Santa didn't bring me anything... he doesn't make a stop by our house... but earlier in the month for Chanukah, my wife gave me a full size PX4 Storm in 9mm and a 10/22 Takedown.

Hope everyone had a very merry holiday and, a few days early, would like to wish you all a happy and healthy new year!
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Also, Santa does not stop by my house, I asked my 6-yr son, who is your Santa? He said, "you are!" So many presents are waiting to be enjoyed by early hours of Jan 1 2013.

My "santa" would be late in delivering my first 1911, the 100th yr edition of NRA 1911 68/100, New Hampshire. :clapping: :clapping: :drool: :drool:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I got a GoPro Hero 3 HD Black camera from my wife, son, and DIL. That was the "big" gift. I also got a box of Whoppers, a small package of Jelly Belly jellybeans, and a large box of mixed nuts.
I've got the GoPro Hero 2 HD and lemme tell ya, it rocks, I mount it in the vette for fun driving and the track/autocross. I'm sure the 3 is even better, nice score!! Set it up for one button use. When you're done it's really easy to get the files on your computer and then share via YouTube, etc.

Santa was very good this year: scored a nice vintage S&W Model 66-1 .357 Magnum with a 2.5" barrel along with copious amounts of ammo to feed it and it's fellow safe-mates. Got a cigar box/promo poster art book and a vette t-shirt from the office Christmas gift exchange. Also got a Royal Caribbean cruise gift card for the wife and I....decisions, decisions, where to cruise too?....oh, and a china cabinet/hutch, the wife is happy!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

A 60 inch LED TV for the LaGrange house living room. Moved the 52 inch LCD into the master bedroom.

Also got the book "American Sniper-Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History". It is about Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle.

Bought myself an AR Pistol buffer tube.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dragonfighter »

Well, an early "family" Christmas Gift was a Wii U and I got Black Ops II with it.

On Christmas, I got a book called "Serenity: Book's story" which is a graphic, short story about the past of a character from "Firefly"...good reading. A 1920's pocket watch from my FIL. A Star Trek "Blue Shirt" beach towel and the wife got me Assassin's Creed III which takes place preceding and during the American Revolution. She also made me cry in that she found the watch I have been wanting for years:

It came with a thick manual and a headache from trying all of the features.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:A 60 inch LED TV for the LaGrange house living room. Moved the 52 inch LCD into the master bedroom.

Also got the book "American Sniper-Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in US Military History". It is about Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle.

Anygunanywhere
I read that book earlier this year, right after it first came out. The realtor who helped us by our home here in Texas and has become a very good friend of mine, attended Tarleton State and did a little rodeoing with Chris Kyle. My friend remains today the only person who ever shot Chris Kyle in the butt and lived to tell about it. The guys in their apartment building were having a BB gun war. Kyle was shooting through a screen in a darkened room, well back from the window. My friend was outside. When Kyle stopped to reload, he apparently bent over to pickup his BBs off the floor or something, and my friend shot him right in the butt, right through the screen, and then ran like heck.

Beer was involved.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

I'd have to get my 11 year old son to teach me how to work that watch, and the games too.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:A 60 inch LED TV for the LaGrange house living room. Moved the 52 inch LCD into the master bedroom.

Anygunanywhere
I read that book earlier this year, right after it first came out. The realtor who helped us by our home here in Texas and has become a very good friend of mine, attended Tarleton State and did a little rodeoing with Chris Kyle. My friend remains today the only person who ever shot Chris Kyle in the butt and lived to tell about it. The guys in their apartment building were having a BB gun war. Kyle was shooting through a screen in a darkened room, well back from the window. My friend was outside. When Kyle stopped to reload, he apparently bent over to pickup his BBs off the floor or something, and my friend shot him right in the butt, right through the screen, and then ran like heck.

Beer was involved.
I do miss the BB gun fights. Too bad we "know better" now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Dragonfighter wrote:Well, an early "family" Christmas Gift was a Wii U and I got Black Ops II with it.

On Christmas, I got a book called "Serenity: Book's story" which is a graphic, short story about the past of a character from "Firefly"...good reading. A 1920's pocket watch from my FIL. A Star Trek "Blue Shirt" beach towel and the wife got me Assassin's Creed III which takes place preceding and during the American Revolution. She also made me cry in that she found the watch I have been wanting for years:

[ Image ]

I see "naut" and "fuel". Do you by chance have a pilot's license?

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Packa45, congratulations on the new arrival!!! It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I got an ipad for Christmas; Little Pax got a small toy store. :thumbs2:
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Thomas wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:Well, an early "family" Christmas Gift was a Wii U and I got Black Ops II with it.

[ Image ]

I see "naut" and "fuel". Do you by chance have a pilot's license?
I am mostly a wannabe. I quit flying short of a couple of hours and a checkride. Keep flyiong or stay married was the choice, for reasons I won't go into, but I chose the latter and haven't regretted a moment of it. I also blew an opportunity to fly helos when I was in the Army, but that is a tale of idiocy and woe.

I am an avid flight simmer and have enjoyed some pretty exotic "stick time" real world. I love military aviation (particularly Naval) and history in particular and used to fly for a VA called the Virtual United states Navy.

The bottom line is I still like to fly complex problems and fiddle around with my E-6B quite a bit. You can do certain calcs on the watch but you have to have REALLY good eyes or specs to see what you are doing. So far I've got knots to stats and fuel burn and fuel remaining, I did do a TAS vs IAS calculation with the manual but forgot how I did it.

Added in Edit: My daughter has picked up the gauntlet and is learning herself now.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Munk

Post by Munk »

Santa brought me a Springer XDS .45 and a NightForce 12-42x56 NXS for a 6.5 Creedmoor build. :anamatedbanana
III%

Return to “Off-Topic”