What Did Santa Bring You?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

strider67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Did Santa Bring You?

Post by strider67 »

Hands down, family time was the best...as far as material things, new dress boots and a Sony HD camcorder. My wife got a Glock 19 which she will be using in her CHL class in the very near future. :thumbs2: The class could also include my dad, son, 2-SILs, a neighbor, and possibly my brother.
Merry Christmas y'all!
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

4copas

Post by 4copas »

A cooking apron that says, Chef Paw Paw on the front. All kids iced in at Paw Paw and Gi Gi's house for the night. Love it...... :thumbs2:
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. John Wayne
NRA Life Member :patriot: :txflag:

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Santa brought mea wife with a smile on her face for the first time in a week and much needed quality family time. I did not get any gifts of monetary value this year because I told my family to spend it all on my bundle of joy that would be arriving early in December...well she decided to make a mid December appearance. However being that I slept in today for the first time in almost a week (in laws are staying with me and helping with the baby while my wife is hospitalized) thanks for that gift mom and dad in law and spent most of the afternoon and evening with my wife and daughter in her hospital room, and knowing my wife is in good hands and on the mend I am truly happy with my Christmas.
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

the beautific smile on my grandsons face, the flu and nothing else, not even a quiet nite with the wife. its all good.

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

Range bag, wood gun cleaning kit, academy gift cards - $300, $100 and from my step son 25 $1.00 cards "rlol" ! A great time with family!
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Well, the wife is out of town for 2 weeks, so I had to go buy my own gifts (ok, she left some for me, but.. well you understand) so i got a new range bag and a new M&P 9 full size, to match up with my M&P9c.
Now my BIL says I need to sell him my Sig Sauer 522 and buy the M&P AR-15 (.22) LOL
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

Gifts?
I woke at 0430 to start making Grandmas Cinnamon rolls, The first gift opened was at 0830 when I puled them out of the oven and Wife, Son, and our semi-permanent live in guest smelled them and awoke,,, the smiles and greetings was one of my best gifts...

Third best gifts were what we opened after coffee and rolls, but before brunch was served....

And for that.. well Santa and Ms Clause, and Santa s Son, and a Friend of Santa brought me a Nice ReelCraft Hose reel, Gift card with enough to buy 50ft of black 1/2" pipe and fittings to add the reel to my air system, Craftsmen 19.2v 1/2" Drill, Craftsmen 19.2v Impact Driver, several shirts and a few pairs of pants, and upon opening them, Ms E.Marquez notes..."Hold it up... yes,, good that should work great as a cover shirt for carry....." :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: Love that woman.

Being at home this year and not living on the other side of the world getting shot at, rocketed, mortared, and blown up was a pretty close second best gift.... :thumbs2:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

E.Marquez wrote:Being at home this year and not living on the other side of the world getting shot at, rocketed, mortared, and blown up was a pretty close second best gift.... :thumbs2:
You got that right. And I for one am glad you finally got out of there and back home. Merry Christmas!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

I received the following in order of importance.
  • 1. My 2 month old grandson and DIL coming in from Georgia.
    2. Word by email from my son "father of my grandson" that he passed his boards on Christmas Eve and that and that he will receive his submarine warfare pin on Christmas day. He is currently deployed and will return sometime in February. :patriot:
    3. 55" 3D TV

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

The best gift I recieved was family time with my son and his wife, my daughter, 2 grandkids, and my wife. My only regret was that all of my kids and grandkids couldn't come up this year.

As for what I got, a new Bar b que grill that has 2 sides, one for gas and one for charcoal and a fire box attachment for smoking. Too bad it rained and snowed yesterday or I would have smoked the turkey.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

I bought Mrs. Knot a new Vacuum :biggrinjester:
Hey! Thats what she asked for ok? Its a sweet little gizmo though, a "Shark". We ran it over the carpet we had just vacuumed two days ago and it picked up a ton of junk. I also got Mrs. Knot a awesome metal photoframe collage (a bunch of cool looking photo frames welded together) and of course all her favorite candies and Bath and Body works smelly stuff

Baby Knot made out like a bandit for his first Christmas! Couple of walkers, blocks, books, a plastic football, and I got him a Stuffed Tiger (looks just like Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes). Baby Knot also got (via a relative) about a month or two's worth of baby food!

I got a new Propane Smoker and a 7qt dutch oven (and also bought myself a Glock 19, my In Laws paid for the night sights upgrade as my present).

We also got a 1 month supply of Wise Food Storage Freeze Dried Dinner Pail.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

A wonderful day with family.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Memorable Christmas. Great time with family! Our baby girl turned 16! Where has the time gone. Sweet hubby got me a great little pocket camera as my old one has seen many livestock shows and the sand/dirt etc is hard on it... Girls got me some great munchies an a terrific new work calendar. DH got a new compressor and TWINKIES!

The most appreciated "gift" (other than time with family) was not exactly a Christmas gift. Several years ago my sweet Granny went home to be with her husband, son and Our Father. She left me a little money and we chose to put in a standby generator after 16 days without power after hurricane Ike. We were without power for about 13 hours yesterday and appreciated the generator and knowing Gran was still looking out for me all day!

Power came back on between midnight and 1AM, and went back out at 1130 this morning. FUN! High winds took out a tremendous number of dead trees left from Ike and drought conditions. Today's outage was due to a "line fuse", I am sure with heaters running it is a high load.

We also appreciated the linemen that had to work the holiday as there were 10's of thousands without power in our area. The conditions were nasty, rainy, and tremendously windy. Hoping they are all safe and warm with their families today.

Wishing you all the best! Safety, health and blessings in 2013
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

mikedude

Post by mikedude »

Some cash... probably will p/u a new Glock 17 when I get motivated enough to go get it.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

The best gift was spending time with family and having the ability to help someone get off the streets and out of the cold for Christmas. To paraphrase: That feeling you get when someone is truly thankful--priceless!

(It is a bit comical to me that TAM started this post. Read on and you will see what I mean.)

As far as 'stuff' goes, I had a very pro 2A Christmas. Mrs. 'Zilla gave me a CMMG .22LR conversion kit for one of my ARs. She did well and purchased the kit that included the forward assist adapter and bolt hold open adapter along with a handful of scary high capacity magazines. One of the other items I received from her deserves a big thank-you to TAM. Now, about now, TAM is saying, "What? I have never met your wife!" Well, she used my phone and the screen had a posting from TAM about AR red dots, scopes, and sights. After reading his post she bought me a Burris AR-536 Prism Sight. Thanks TAM, I'll let you know what I think of it when I get the opportunity to try it out.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Return to “Off-Topic”