Texas State Guard

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas State Guard

Post by MadMonkey »

I wonder if the TSG will start using UAVs for search and rescue... I'd gladly volunteer for that job. Funding might be an issue :grumble
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JP171 »

If anyone wishes to gain more information let me know in PM, I am the NCOIC( PLT SGT) of 2nd PLT Bravo Company 1st batallion 8th Regiment, I am also a certified recruiter. If you think your not qualified let me talk to you first before you decide your not, you may be supprised. The 8th Regiment has 3 batallions 1st bn is the houston area 2nd is college station/bryan and 3rd is beaumont/port arthur. the uniform cost can range anywhere between 30 and 100 dollars per set and you need at least 2 sets, there is more kit that you need but its not imparative to have right away. again let me know if your in the houston area.

steve817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steve817 »

JP171 Do you know anyone in the Dallas area that I could talk to?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

Steve give me a day or 2 to find out who is the recruiting NCO and I'll let ya know

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I was going to join before I deployed (didn't have this job at the time). Glad I waited... if all goes well I might be sitting around without much to do when I get back. Still havent decided on which branch I'm going into yet, but I'm guessing Army. I'll be north of Ft. Worth.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

yahoshua

Post by yahoshua »

Abilene, TX straddles jones and taylor counties so I'll list the closest known armories by county to give you an idea of how accessible it might be for you, keep in mind that these are only the armories i know of and there may be others that I don't remember or have knowledge of that may be in current use.

These two units drill at an armory in Mineral Wells, TX
4th Regt. Army is in Palo Pinto County
3rd Batt. TMAR is in Palo Pinto County

These two units drill at an armory in Brownwood, TX
2nd Regt. Army is in Brown County
2nd Batt. TMAR is in Brown County

And lastly, the 417th Air Support Group (ASG) is in Tom Green County at Goodfellow AFB.

These units will be closest to you by distance (AFAIK), but you currently reside in the primary recruiting area for 2nd and 3rd Batt. of TMAR (you are right on the division of the primary recruiting boundaries) and the 4th Regiment.

Hope that helps, and remember that you can always apply for a unit that is outside your primary recruiting area if the armory location is more convenient for you.

yahoshua

Post by yahoshua »

There seems to be a problem with the links I posted, a new link is posted below.

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o54 ... Brochures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yahoshua

Post by yahoshua »

Just bumping to topic to get a response if anyone is interested in coming to see a recruiter, we will be at the Washington on The Brazos event on the 4th of July.

yahoshua

Post by yahoshua »

If anyone is interested the 2nd Battalion of the 8th Regiment has opened up a photobucket page to the public. As I understand it, a youtube channel will be up soon with some videos posted to it.

Enjoy: http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o544/TXSG/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone is interested in talking to a recruiter send JP171 a pm and you'll receive a response in short order.

yahoshua

Post by yahoshua »

For anyone that is interested there are a bunch more photos and a couple of short video clips tht have been posted onto the 2/8 photobucket page.

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

I'd love to join up, but I'm not going to be able to participate in drill. Messed up my knees in college. Hoping they'll get better here some time and I can do it then.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

jordanmills wrote:I'd love to join up, but I'm not going to be able to participate in drill. Messed up my knees in college. Hoping they'll get better here some time and I can do it then.

Jordan, actually that isn't a bar to being in the guard, it depends on how badly, contact a recruiter if your interested

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Who would be the guy to talk to in the Austin area. I'm an old guy but not quite 60 yet. This might be something I'd be interested in doing, just need more details.
TSRA Life Memeber

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

JP171 wrote:
jordanmills wrote:I'd love to join up, but I'm not going to be able to participate in drill. Messed up my knees in college. Hoping they'll get better here some time and I can do it then.

Jordan, actually that isn't a bar to being in the guard, it depends on how badly, contact a recruiter if your interested
Already talked to recruiters. Basically, I can't run for more than a few hundred feet right now. It would disqualify me.

Return to “Off-Topic”