17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbrown
Posts in topic: 14

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by tbrown »

HerbM wrote:Saying that Zimmerman is (automatically) at fault for "being there" is akin to blaming the rape or mugging victim for walking down the street -- it's wrong -- when the criminal attacks.
:iagree:

If a high school girl wearing a miniskirt is sexually assaulted while walking home from a friend's house, it looks like Team Trayvon would say she provoked it by showing skin.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

HerbM
Posts in topic: 23

Post by HerbM »

Yesterday we worked this tactical Problem during combatives practice:

'Good guy' on ground with attacker already fully mounted.
Assume good guy has no significant BJJ or grappling skills (or the guy on top is much bigger & better at BJJ.)
Attacker SLAPS the devil out of your arms, shoulders, body while you protect and access (adjust level depending on experience and ability of "good guy" -- don't injure your partner)
Get to your weapon, knife or firearm, in your waistband or pocket as you normally carry.
Drill ends when you get it deployed effectively.

It's not perfect but it is definitely worth the effort to work this.

Problems with drill are mainly that since you are not really taking fists and elbows to the head or getting bounced of the mat/pavement you can cheat and just let him slap you.)

Variation: For those teams (partners) with some BJJ, allow for BJJ maneuvers to improve position AS you work to access, but the partner on top is mainly concentrating on slapping to make this uncomfortable and distracting.
Last edited by HerbM on Fri May 25, 2012 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerbM

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

Was Trayvon Martin a DKM abuser? Does that explain his behavior on the night of the shooting? http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... more-40485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Really scary stuff.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

baldeagle wrote:Was Trayvon Martin a DKM abuser? Does that explain his behavior on the night of the shooting? http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... more-40485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Really scary stuff.
Was he getting high off of drugs made from cough-medicine? I've heard it called "Robo-trippin'" before because they use the Robitussin to make the stuff...

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 134

Post by mamabearCali »

Wow! Scary stuff. Why oh why do people do these things to themselves. Life is worth more than a fleeting euphoria. :banghead: If he was on this stuff or was a heavy user it would explain why he attacked Zimmerman. He had driven himself right out of his mind. Would a tox report have this if he was on it I wonder? I remember I had to take that stuff once....had walking pneumonia and the MD did not want me to break a rib. Stuff tasted terrible! Why would anyone ever guzzle a whole bottle of it. :headscratch
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 270

Post by sjfcontrol »

mamabearCali wrote:Wow! Scary stuff. Why oh why do people do these things to themselves. Life is worth more than a fleeting euphoria. :banghead: If he was on this stuff or was a heavy user it would explain why he attacked Zimmerman. He had driven himself right out of his mind. Would a tox report have this if he was on it I wonder? I remember I had to take that stuff once....had walking pneumonia and the MD did not want me to break a rib. Stuff tasted terrible! Why would anyone ever guzzle a whole bottle of it. :headscratch
If you read the report, it is claimed that the drink tastes pretty good. I imagine once you mix it with skittles and watermelon juice drinks, it would be sickenly sweet.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Heartland Patriot

mamabearCali wrote:Wow! Scary stuff. Why oh why do people do these things to themselves. Life is worth more than a fleeting euphoria. :banghead: If he was on this stuff or was a heavy user it would explain why he attacked Zimmerman. He had driven himself right out of his mind. Would a tox report have this if he was on it I wonder? I remember I had to take that stuff once....had walking pneumonia and the MD did not want me to break a rib. Stuff tasted terrible! Why would anyone ever guzzle a whole bottle of it. :headscratch
From what I gather (I haven't done a lot of research on this) they don't just drink it. They use it to "cook" something up...not sure how, but then again, I've never had the desire to be someone who cooked up illegal drugs, either. As a younger military guy, good old alcohol did the trick just fine...until the hangovers started catching up to me...had to knock that kind of thing off a while ago.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

I blogged this tonight. http://wp.me/p1ZcQH-49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think I may have figured out what happened that night. (Then again I could be completely wrong, I suppose.)
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

HerbM
Posts in topic: 23

Post by HerbM »

Yes, DXM, Purple Trank (from his twitter and facebook account conversations). Some weed, THC in his blood from the autopsy, no timeline on last ingestion since QUANTITY cannot be determined from the "chest blood" used for that (quick) analysis. Toxicology report coming later.

Could be DXM bad trip; could be reaction between DXM/weed bad trip; could be THC withdrawal; or just stupid teenage aggression but it looks pretty likely although very circumstantial so far that DXM might have been guiding Martin's behavior that night.

No proof as yet of that last (i.e., causing the attack) but it's pretty certainly his drug of choice.

Just so we're clear though: None of this REALLY matters for Zimmerman's almost certain (based on current known facts which are unlikely to change much) innocence.

If he didn't start the physical 'fight' he is innocent.

If he started it without using deadly force (no evidence he did) and he had no way out other than deadly force (evidence is pretty overwhelming) he is AGAIN innocent.

Preponderance of evidence at Immunity Hearing; any reasonable doubt if it WERE (unlikely) to go to trial.

At trial, Martin's drug use might help the jury figure it all out, but it really shouldn't have a necessary legal effect.
HerbM

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
From what I gather (I haven't done a lot of research on this) they don't just drink it. They use it to "cook" something up...not sure how...
Nah, it isn't cooked, just mixed with a soft drink (sweet tea, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc.) and consumed. People have been abusing codeine, hydrocodone, promethazine, and chlorpheniramine for decades but the use in popular Hip Hop culture started in Houston in the 1990's with the popularization of "Screw" style rap. In 2000 a popular rap song "Sippin' on Some Syrup" brought the use of "lean" out of the South and gave it national notoriety. Houston dj "DJ Screw" died of an overdose on the concoction of cough syrup and alcohol shortly after it become popularized nationally. Several other rappers have had similar fates including Port Arthur native Pimp C of UGK and Houston rapper Big Moe. While rapped about and used extensively in the Hip Hop community, it is still most popular in the South.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 119

Post by speedsix »

...anyone remember Hadacol???

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Can I get high on Luden's Wild Cherry Cough Drops? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

speedsix
Posts in topic: 119

Post by speedsix »

...depends on the amount of mind that is available to be altered...some folks prolly could cut one in half and be happy all day...

Heartland Patriot

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:
From what I gather (I haven't done a lot of research on this) they don't just drink it. They use it to "cook" something up...not sure how...
Nah, it isn't cooked, just mixed with a soft drink (sweet tea, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc.) and consumed. People have been abusing codeine, hydrocodone, promethazine, and chlorpheniramine for decades but the use in popular Hip Hop culture started in Houston in the 1990's with the popularization of "Screw" style rap. In 2000 a popular rap song "Sippin' on Some Syrup" brought the use of "lean" out of the South and gave it national notoriety. Houston dj "DJ Screw" died of an overdose on the concoction of cough syrup and alcohol shortly after it become popularized nationally. Several other rappers have had similar fates including Port Arthur native Pimp C of UGK and Houston rapper Big Moe. While rapped about and used extensively in the Hip Hop community, it is still most popular in the South.
I stand corrected and educated on the subject. Strangely enough, I heard that rap track "Sippin' on Some Syrup" a long time ago...the word syrup sounds like "siz-zurp". Not my thing, though, so I never followed that stuff. Drugs have killed big name rockers, not surprised they have killed rappers, too.

snatchel
Posts in topic: 4

Post by snatchel »

I got strp throat and a nasty chest infection a few months ago, and was given a prescription of promethazine-codeine cough syrup. I thought it was NyQuil, and felt too aweful/lazy to read the directions before consuming....and as soon as I got home I took a GIANT swig of the stuff. I was knocked out 15 minutes later and slept for 16 hours straight. Woke up, took the recommended dosage, and went back to sleep. This went on for 4 days.

My point: Sleeping doesnt seem like a fun time getting high.....why drink purple just to pass out?
No More Signature

Return to “Off-Topic”