Kershaw Knives at Woot.com

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sumyungai
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kershaw Knives at Woot.com

Post by sumyungai »

philip964 wrote:Ok don't know much about knives.

What are the legalities of carrying a knife like this?

Obviously they won't let you on a plane with a knife like this, what about other places?
They're fine in most of Texas except prisons, court houses and San Antonio. I don't think they're actually illegal in court houses but they won't be amused if they catch you.

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by texasmusic »

(11) "Switchblade knife" means any knife that has a blade that folds, closes, or retracts into the handle or sheath and that opens automatically by pressure applied to a button or other device located on the handle or opens or releases a blade from the handle or sheath by the force of gravity or by the application of centrifugal force. The term does not include a knife that has a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure and that requires exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure and open the knife.
The way I've read:
(a) there is no button on the handle to release the blade.
(b) there is a bias toward closure that is overcome once you move the blade out about 5 degrees and the force used to overcome the bias is applied to the blade.

Not a lawyer yadda yadda.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Been carrying the drone for a few years now...outstanding knife that has never let me down. Other than the time it wasnt fully locked and I damn near chopped off a finger with it. Straight up USER ERROR though! Lesson learned there.

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Got my Asset in the mail on Saturday and this is by far the best knife I have ever owned, but then I usually bought walmart special knives. and It's really sharp right out of the box, it was a very good buy, thanks for posting the link!
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Return to “Off-Topic”