Iowa stares at the slippery slope.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PappaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Iowa stares at the slippery slope.

Post by PappaGun »

This article is so anti-gun it is infuriating.
Don't know if this is representative of Iowa in general. Hope not.

A couple of nuggets...

"Why does the Iowa Constitution have no Second Amendment equivalent?...that suggests the understanding at that time, just a generation removed from the founding, was that the Second Amendment was not about an individual right to bear arms but about preserving state militias."

"Indeed, in today’s violent world it is unimaginable that guns should be welcomed into public schools..."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... gun-rights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

chasfm11

Re: Iowa stares at the slippery slope.

Post by chasfm11 »

The only good news about this Liberal diatribe is that the comments are overwhelming from articulate 2nd amendment supporters. I'm certainly not surprised that another print press instrument of the far Left would print such a heavily biased story. I'm only surprised that is coming from Iowa which seems to have a lot more Conservatives than say NY does.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PappaGun wrote:This article is so anti-gun it is infuriating.
Don't know if this is representative of Iowa in general. Hope not.

A couple of nuggets...

"Why does the Iowa Constitution have no Second Amendment equivalent?...that suggests the understanding at that time, just a generation removed from the founding, was that the Second Amendment was not about an individual right to bear arms but about preserving state militias."

"Indeed, in today’s violent world it is unimaginable that guns should be welcomed into public schools..."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... gun-rights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since when are guns welcomed into public schools? We could only hope for that. Whoever wrote that is an idiot of the nth water.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BTW PappaGun, you owe me one blood pressure pill for posting that tripe! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

"How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!"---Samuel Adams, patriot.

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

I would say they left it out because... it was understood the right to bear arms should not be infringed.
No More Signature

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

Having grown up in Iowa, I would compare the thinking of most Iowans to the way most Texans think. There are the same liberal types there as here and everywhere else in the USA.

The Des Moines Register is the "state" newspaper and apparently governed by the same standards that the rest of the liberal media. The article appears to have been written by someone that is not only anti-gun, but someone that is also trying to exploit the emotional response of the anti-gun liberal. If you read the comments, they are overwhelmingly pro 2A with a few emotional, factless responses mixed in for good measure.

I saw that one anti-2A woman worked at the Drake University School of Business. She seemed to be the biggest Anti-2A commenter that used the FUD factor and seems to follow the path of what we have seen from other institutions of higher learning by lesislating the USA (or Iowa in this case) into prosperity and safety.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I actually kind of enjoy these articles. Nothing makes me feel better than to see all the other 2nd amendment supporters in the comment section. :patriot:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

mikeintexas wrote:Having grown up in Iowa, I would compare the thinking of most Iowans to the way most Texans think. There are the same liberal types there as here and everywhere else in the USA.
I got some family/inlaws from Iowa. I think you're right. The ones on the wrong side live in the few big cities just like in TX.

old farmer

Post by old farmer »

Bullwhip wrote:
mikeintexas wrote:Having grown up in Iowa, I would compare the thinking of most Iowans to the way most Texans think. There are the same liberal types there as here and everywhere else in the USA.
I got some family/inlaws from Iowa. I think you're right. The ones on the wrong side live in the few big cities just like in TX.
:iagree: a
I have family in Iowa. (All live on the farmer or towns like Pella).
God Bliss America.

Return to “Off-Topic”