Dog shooter of the week

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 66

Re: Dog shooter of the week

Post by seamusTX »

This one may qualify as dog shooter of the year.

In Jackson, Mississippi, Friday a young pit bull named Cocaine reportedly attacked or lunged at some children. A man who is a resident of Houston (apparently this is a family affair) moved the children indoors and picked up the dog.

The man's wife then allegedly shot the dog once and her husband once. The man died. The dog was struck in the leg and is in custody as a material witness.

Police have labeled the shooting as accidental, but the case will go to the grand jury.

The couple had been married for 32 years and had four children.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20 ... t-son-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The post just above is horrifying. The man was holding the pit bull with both hands and
was face to face with the dog. The wife, trying to be helpful, came up behind the dog with her
.38 revolver and fired 2 shots. One hit the husband in the chest and killed him. The dog was only wounded.

Using deadly force on a dog, while your husband is the backstop? She violated rule 4 for sure.

Sad, sad, sad.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

seamusTX wrote:This one may qualify as dog shooter of the year.
Since the dog has now become evidence, do you think the dog's name might be a clue to take a closer look at the neighbor/dog owner?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 66

Post by seamusTX »

They just keep coming.

In Joliet, Montana, last week a man who operated a dog kennel allegedly shot 50 to 60 dogs. When LEOs showed up, he allegedly pointed and discharged a shotgun in their direction.

He is now in a hospital.

Ten sled dogs survived. No humans were injured.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/owner-goes-on- ... new-homes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Well, not a shooter, but he did stab the poor, leash-deprived dog that only tried to take a friendly taste:
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/28 ... es-default" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bit of backstory on the dog and its owner:
http://blog.dogsbite.org/2010/12/fort-w ... woods.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VoiceofReason »

I can’t muster up a whole lot of sympathy for some dogs that get shot. Many years ago while working for the telephone company, I was bitten twice.

Once when I was half way across the yard to a customer’s front door I was met by a German Sheppard that bit me on the upper front part of my leg. The woman insisted the dog wouldn’t bite when I told her. I didn’t fault the dog. He was only doing his job protecting the property. I was upset that the owners did not have any signs up until after I was bitten. :mad5

The other time I was walking along a pole line in an alley and a dog came up behind me and bit the back of my ankle. It ran back into the yard before I could get a hold of it. It was about ¾ the size of the Sheppard, but it would not have fared too well if I had gotten my hands on it. :mad5

After that I carried a couple of cans of dog spray on my tool pouch. I got to be fast on the draw and made a few dogs rub their face on the grass. :reddevil
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Off-Topic”