Shocking comment from the wife!!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 2

Shocking comment from the wife!!!!

Post by Bulldog1911 »

This is really a pointless post. However, I still can't believe it happened, so just wanted to share.

My wife and her family are originally from Illinois(I know, I know). They are not really anti-gun, praise God, but none of them having grown up around firearms, are unfamiliar with them, and somewhat "frightened" of them. (Except for my bro-in-law, the jar head.) Anyway, my wife was really did not like the fact of having guns in the house with kids, but we compromised by getting a safe. Over the years, as I've taken her to the range she has gotten a lot more comfortable with them. I have my CHL now, and whenever we go somewhere she always ask's, "You have your gun right?"

Now, she enjoys shooting just as much as I do. And, she will be taking her CHL class in the coming months :thewave
Now, you may want to sit down for this one...

We're driving home this weekend, and talking about when we can make it out to the range again. Then out of no where it happened. She looked at me and asked, "So...what gun are you buying next? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I about ran off the road. I said, "Are you felling ok?" Turns out she was just fine. She said, you know I'm comfortable with guns now, and I know they help keep us safe. I know you are going to buy more, so I'm just asking. Maybe I can get you one for Christmas. :anamatedbanana

I just hope this isn't a dream. :coolgleamA:
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shocking comment from the wife!!!!

Post by GeekwithaGun »

:thumbs2:
NRA Life Member

steve817

Post by steve817 »

Glad you married her huh?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Good news, now you know she needs to start with a hand-me-down. So what are you going to shop for?

Just joking, buy her a new one for herself, she will appreciate it. My wife has a Taurus PT111 and after firing my Glock 30, she wants a Glock. So the Taurus is on the market.

Its amazing what taking your time and getting them on the range to get comfortable around guns will do to change a mindset.

Good luck...
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

texanron

Post by texanron »

Congratulations Bulldog!!
I was thrilled when my wife finally carried under MPA. I can't imagine how I would feel if my wife asked what gun I was going to buy next or that she would possibly get me one for Christmas!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

You mentioned family....does she have a single sister say around 45 yo or so...... :evil2:
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

She's a keeper. :tiphat:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

In my case, I have been the bread-provider so far for the last 10-yrs of marriage. I would never expect my wife to buy me a firearm. However, It is nice if this ever happens, maybe buying me some ammo or some firearm accessory such a new Viridain C5L.

What I really expect is to find my wife next to my bed when I am sick, disabled , or getting too old. :clapping:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Bulldog1911 wrote:This is really a pointless post.
I disagree. :nono: This is huge!
We've got another one that saw the light. :fire
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Cool story, good for y'all!! My wife is of the same mindset. She really does encourage firearm ownership and goes above and beyond with her support for my enthusiasm with firearms. God Bless Her!!!

:hurry: :hurry:
TSRA Life Memeber

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Bulldog1911 wrote:I said, "Are you felling ok?" Turns out she was just fine.
I think you should have asked yourself that question because obviously you were hallucinating.

Just kidding! Good job of slowly bringing another to our side! Lucky man! :thumbs2:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Beiruty wrote:I have been the bread-provider so far for the last 10-yrs of marriage.
Same here...but it's our money. I'm not of the mindset that I have a right to spend our money the way i want just because i work for it. (I'm not inferring that you are!) She has taken care of the kids and gotten her B.A. in education so she will be joining the workforce soon, God willing.
papajohn1964 wrote:You mentioned family....does she have a single sister say around 45 yo or so...... :evil2:
"rlol" does have a sister, but married.
Grammy wrote:Good news, now you know she needs to start with a hand-me-down. So what are you going to shop for?
I actually already got her a P238 for her graduation this past spring. She love's it, and plans on carrying that one when she gets her CHL. Although she does prefer shooting my SR9, but she's afraid she won't conceal that very well.
sugar land dave wrote: I think you should have asked yourself that question because obviously you were hallucinating.
Ha...very possible.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

"Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

That is my response to Mrs. Anygun when she cuts loose with statenments like that.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”