Please vote in this scholorship competition - John Woods

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Please vote in this scholorship competition - John Woods

Post by RPB »

Here's the deal

The top 3 get scholarships

Because I can only vote once, after much thought and consideration, I'm voting for Peggy Mears (currently # 3)
Now here's why:

Here's Peggy's page
http://www.democracyforamerica.com/netr ... eggy-mears" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Name: Peggy Mears
My name is Peggy Mears. I am a homeowner facing foreclosure and I am fighting Wall Street Banks. They have helped to destroy the economy and are now blaming homeowners for their own greed. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore. SO WE FIGHT. Politicians do not have the courage to fight with us, so WE THE PEOPLE will fight together.

Oh yeah ...
Peggy is the one right above John Woods (4th place)

John continually chastises "Republicans" and "gun-loving Texas Democrats" for "using his girlfriend's death to advance their cause"

http://www.democracyforamerica.com/netr ... john-woods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Name: John Woods
Science by day, violence prevention by night. I lost close friends in the VA Tech shooting. Now in TX, working to keep guns off campus.

Peggy doesn't own a "Tax Exempt organization" which people can contribute to .... like John does.

Vote here
http://www.democracyforamerica.com/netr ... holarships" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not recommending any person in particular .... vote for whomever you want ... I'm just saying who I did and didn't vote for.
The three applicants with the most votes at 11:59 PM PST on May 5th will automatically win a scholarship. Others will be chosen by a selection committee
Last edited by RPB on Thu May 05, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Re: Please vote in this scholorship competition

Post by RPB »

On second thought, maybe John needs the money so he can renew his domain ...

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=211 ... d57fb711c8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But, choose whomever you agree with philosophically

1) Someone devoting time to helping Underdogs/victims of banking
2) Someone devoting time to create defenseless victims

I like to do what I can to reward "good behavior" and my philosophy is more in line with helping/speaking up for victims than making defenseless victims
I'm no lawyer

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Please vote in this scholorship competition - John Woods

Post by WildBill »

RPB - I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't believe this is legitimate. IMO, the "scholarship" amount is going to be a pittance of what the people [suckers] donate to this site.

You say you voted, but did you donate any money?
NRA Endowment Member

SlickTX

Post by SlickTX »

No.1: Those terrible banks loaned me so much money on a house I couldn't afford so now I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more. (By the way, if things had worked out where the house went up in value and I was able to sell it and make a profit I would have kept all the money for for myself and not given any of the gain to the bank who helped me get into that position.)

No.2: I lost loved ones to a crazed nutjob in a gun free zone so I'm working my tail off to make sure others lose loved ones in gun free zones as well.

I think I'll pass on voting . . . unless you can vote "no" for both.
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

SlickTX wrote:No.1: Those terrible banks loaned me so much money on a house I couldn't afford so now I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more. (By the way, if things had worked out where the house went up in value and I was able to sell it and make a profit I would have kept all the money for for myself and not given any of the gain to the bank who helped me get into that position.)

No.2: I lost loved ones to a crazed nutjob in a gun free zone so I'm working my tail off to make sure others lose loved ones in gun free zones as well.

I think I'll pass on voting . . . unless you can vote "no" for both.
"rlol"
WildBill wrote:RPB - I don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't believe this is legitimate. IMO, the "scholarship" amount is going to be a pittance of what the people [suckers] donate to this site.

You say you voted, but did you donate any money?
Nope of course not.
I'm no lawyer

Obi-Juan

Post by Obi-Juan »

SlickTX wrote:No.1: Those terrible banks loaned me so much money on a house I couldn't afford so now I'm mad and I'm not going to take it any more. (By the way, if things had worked out where the house went up in value and I was able to sell it and make a profit I would have kept all the money for for myself and not given any of the gain to the bank who helped me get into that position.)
They're everywhere. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=44562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."

Return to “Off-Topic”