Books

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 4

Books

Post by Jasonw560 »

Okay, anyone interested in doing a bokk exchange? Someone has a book they'vevrad, and wouldn't mind passing arond to someone, and when they finish, they pass it on, and maybe siggest another book?

Most of y'all live within driving distance of each other, but some of us can pay the book rate if we need to. Won't hurt my feelings if you say "NO". :mad5
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Books

Post by 74novaman »

Wed need a list of what people have up for trade but I'd be down for an exchange
TANSTAAFL

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

I would participate.

texanron

Post by texanron »

Are we talking about books on every topic or simply gun/carry realted topics? I'll play either way.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

I think it'd be fun to do any topic. Maybe we could do it like the "pay it forward" thread....

If someone puts a book up that you want, when you claim it you need to put up a book you're willing to trade. That way we have a decent pool of books and topics people might be interested in.

As for picking up/dropping off/shipping, just leave that completely to PMs between the people exchanging?
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

74novaman wrote:I think it'd be fun to do any topic. Maybe we could do it like the "pay it forward" thread....

If someone puts a book up that you want, when you claim it you need to put up a book you're willing to trade. That way we have a decent pool of books and topics people might be interested in.

As for picking up/dropping off/shipping, just leave that completely to PMs between the people exchanging?
Perfect.

Some of the titles I have (off the top of my head):

"God, Guns, and Rock & Roll", and "Ted, White and Blue" - Ted Nugent

"Robert Ludlum's The Borne Sanction"-Eric Lustbader

"The Federalist Papers"- Hamilton, Jay, et al.

"With These Hands"- Louis L'Amour

"Violence of Action"- Richard Marcinko

"The Overlook"- Michael Connelly

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

Just finished both of the Monster Hunters International books by Larry Correia. Would be happy to pass them along to anyone interested. Here links on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-In ... 210&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Ve ... 210&sr=1-1

Also, if you like(d) these, the third iteration is available for pre-order at:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Al ... 210&sr=1-3

I live in Richardson & work there 3 days per week w/ other 2 days at office in Southlake. PM me if you're interested.

:txflag:

hoot

Post by hoot »

Jasonw560 wrote:Okay, anyone interested in doing a book exchange?
That is an excellent commendable suggestion. And it is one which has been suggested
and accomplished some time back. http://www.paperbackswap.com. I have forwarded
about half a dozen books and requested/received about five books.
Books are cataloged by both title and author. So if you know either the title or the author... :hurry:
It works very good. I give it my highest recommendation.
Hoot
NRA Member
U.S.Army Veteran
9mm Kimber Tac Pro
plastic received on 911 (9/11/09)
WE are AT&T. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

I'd love to have the Uncle Ted book.

All I have to offer in return are Clive Custler paperbacks.

My specific gun books, I'm keeping.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Topic author
Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Which Cussler books do you have?

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Jasonw560 wrote:"Violence of Action"- Richard Marcinko
that's the SEAL Team 6 guy, right? i don't believe i read that book but did read another of his a few years back, i think it was called "Rogue Warrior" or something like that.

and i think the book exchange idea is great, i have quite a large collection of paperbacks by authors like Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Robert Littell, Vince Flynn, Steve Martini, Tim Dorsey, Dean Koontz, etc. if other people want to participate i'll post a more complete list of books i'm willing to put up for trade.

Topic author
Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

rmr1923 wrote:
that's the SEAL Team 6 guy, right? i don't believe i read that book but did read another of his a few years back, i think it was called "Rogue Warrior" or something like that.

and i think the book exchange idea is great, i have quite a large collection of paperbacks by authors like Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Robert Littell, Vince Flynn, Steve Martini, Tim Dorsey, Dean Koontz, etc. if other people want to participate i'll post a more complete list of books i'm willing to put up for trade.
He has a whole series of "Rogue Warrior" books. Fictionalized accounts of missions he's been on.

tdwhite03

Post by tdwhite03 »

I have Decision Points by George Bush if anyone around San Antonio would like to read it. Dont really want to hassle with shipping, but would be more than glad to try to meet somewhere.

Would take almost anything in trade, I read just about every topic out there except romance crap... :)

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Jasonw560 wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:

He has a whole series of "Rogue Warrior" books. Fictionalized accounts of missions he's been on.
i wasn't aware of the fictional series, i've got the non-fiction book about his role in founding SEAL Team 6, pretty awesome stuff

Return to “Off-Topic”