Very alarming muslim activity

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SlickTX
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Very alarming muslim activity

Post by SlickTX »

dicion wrote:
Leroy wrote:gee slick..u make them sound like a bunch of boy scouts. guess u missed the part of the video where they were demonstrating how to make explosives
No, but that's the point.

If you go after these guys for running around in the woods with legal weapons, what's to stop the government from doing the same to any Militia Group, or even the boy scouts, or a group of hunters.

I agree, this is bad stuff going on, but if the knee-jerk reaction for US, as responsible gun owners, and freedom-loving Americans is finding or making laws to arrest them, can you only imagine the Plethora of laws that any liberal seeing this will want passed, that will be used to further restrict the freedoms of EVERYONE, and not just these people?

What's that lawmaker's quote... "Never waste a good crisis"?

If they're making explosives, that's illegal. If they're making automatic weapons, that's illegal. We need to get them on existing laws, not try to get legislators to make up new ones.
Because, trust me, there is absolutely no good that can come from Legislators making up MORE laws to restrict firearms or freedom, for anyone.
Bingo.

Its all fair game until your ox is gored. What if the "something" "they" wanted to do was deny access to explosives? No more fireworks stand. They might buy up a bunch of fireworks and combine the powder with nails, nuts, bolts, etc. and they would have a bomb. Fireworks displays on the 4th . . . no way. All they would have to do is highjack one truck and look at the damage they could do. Reloading supplies??? Are you kidding me. There is no way we could allow access to that!!!
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

No one here, including the Oldgringo, is old enough to remember, but the world sat idly by and watched Germany rearm itself in the 1930's. The guy from England, Neville Chamberlain, went to visit Hitler and came back and told the world that Hitler was all about "peace and love". People everywhere wanted to believe that - including the USA. WW II was not about "peace and love".

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat history.

sss
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sss »

General Texas CHL Discussion

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics
I wonder what this is doing in the "General Texas CHL Discussion" forum... I didn't see anything in the video about 51% signs and metal detectors at the State Capitol. Did I blink and miss it?
Carrying since 02/06/2009.

texasjeep44

Post by texasjeep44 »

It seems that at about the 2:45 mark of the video the guy being interviewed admits that what these folks are doing is perfectly within the Constitution of the US, and the states that they are in. What exactly is law enforcement supposed to do about people abiding by the Constitution?

I guess I could be a terrorist because I go into the woods and do live fire exercises, and have pounds of gun powder that could be used as explosives.

What I find amusing is the need to convey the locations of these 35 places to all Americans, but yet they want you to pay up to $1,000 bucks for the list. If you want to convey the information so bad, post it on the website for free.
Through our network of contacts, we’ve been shown videos of military training taking place by radical Islamic groups right here on our own soil.

These videos exposed training in . . .

. . . stealth maneuvers,
. . . infiltration,
. . . execution,
. . . hand-to-hand combat
. . . and even live fire exercises.

It’s hard to convey to you the need to inform each and every American about these camps and their locations.
Anyone willing to pay up and get the list then post it to the forum. Here is the link. https://www.christianaction.org/civicrm ... et=1&id=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do I like the idea that folks who may not like America or its government very much are out running in the woods and training in a military fashion. No, not really. Didn't like the results of Timothy McVeigh, and I certainly won't like it if these folks do commit a crime which causes injury or death to anyone in this county. But if folks are ready to have the hammer of law enforcement come down on folks who are doing nothing illegal, then those folks need to move someplace where they don't allow for the freedoms we have in this country. BTW, get ready to leave your guns here when you head to wherever your going. I will be more than willing to hold them for you while your gone. :lol:
Just remember shot placement is much more important with what you shoot than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.

http://www.ddchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

sss wrote:
General Texas CHL Discussion

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics
I wonder what this is doing in the "General Texas CHL Discussion" forum... I didn't see anything in the video about 51% signs and metal detectors at the State Capitol. Did I blink and miss it?
Arguably it goes to the need for people to have a CHL for personal protection, but I moved it to the Off Topic forum anyway.

Chas.

Mando'a
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mando'a »

SlickTX wrote:
Mando'a wrote:It's incredibly sickening, that no one seems to be able to do anything about this.

I wonder how many innocent people will need to be killed, before something is done.
Let's think about it for a minute. What exactly is the "this" that "they" are supposed to do something about. A bunch of guys with similar ethnicity and similar backgrounds getting together in the boonies to shoot at cardboard and trees? I can think of any number of family get togethers, "militia" groups, hunting camp buddies, etc. that would fall into that category. I know I'm stretching here so flame away if you must, but I hope you get my point.
Yes, let's think about this...

Their Fuehrer, sets up (allegedly) a reporter to be brutally beheaded (but I don't know of any other way a beheading would be)
They physically attack the Press when they were confronted.

They aren't out learning how to make a camp fire, or nature conservation.

This is a domestic terrorist training camp.
If I missed the part that stated that they are a Pro-American Militia, with the mission of defending this great land of ours.
I apologize.
took chl renewal course 11/7/09
sent in paperwork 11/12/09
received new chl 12/09/09

NRA member
Glock 22
Bushmaster Texas Carbine (XM15-E2S)

Mando'a

Post by Mando'a »

Sorry one last thing.

For the record SlickTX.

I hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

NRA member
Glock 22

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

While it's alarming, my worry is that going after these guys then means they can go after gunsite and frontsight and thunder ranch, next.

Those could easily be domestic terrorist training camps, too. Only most of us that go there are white.

I've had a lot of the same training, along with some other one-on-one training that mimics a lot of this.
Does this mean I'm a terrorist, too?

Perhaps we should shut down all training camps. Muslims could easily go to thunder ranch, too, ya know?

It sounds to me like ya'll don't support 2nd amendment rights for those you don't like. Muslims have the right to get the same type of training we do. They even have the same right to violently overthrow our government to remake it in their image, as our founding fathers did.

All the more reason why the rest of us need to be ready, in case that goes down. I certainly know I don't want to live in a theocracy.

And yes, I'll come right out and say it: I'm accusing many of you of racism.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pbwalker »

nitrogen wrote:While it's alarming, my worry is that going after these guys then means they can go after gunsite and frontsight and thunder ranch, next.

Those could easily be domestic terrorist training camps, too. Only most of us that go there are white.

I've had a lot of the same training, along with some other one-on-one training that mimics a lot of this.
Does this mean I'm a terrorist, too?

Perhaps we should shut down all training camps. Muslims could easily go to thunder ranch, too, ya know?

It sounds to me like ya'll don't support 2nd amendment rights for those you don't like. Muslims have the right to get the same type of training we do. They even have the same right to violently overthrow our government to remake it in their image, as our founding fathers did.

All the more reason why the rest of us need to be ready, in case that goes down. I certainly know I don't want to live in a theocracy.

And yes, I'll come right out and say it: I'm accusing many of you of racism.
I don't think it's as much racism as it is more of a religion discrimination type of argument. Sadly, today's society equates Muslims as terrorists, which couldn't be further from the truth. Are all Germans Nazi's? Are all Christians murderers? Of course not...

I am not a religious person myself. I grew up Irish Catholic and was habitually "Sorry" for something I knew nothing about. It turned me off to religion...I see merit in the teachings of many religions, including Islam, but use them as more of a guide on how to be a good person...

Not looking to turn this in to a religion discussion, but to bring to light what I believe is the root cause of these "concerns".
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

SlickTX

Post by SlickTX »

Mando'a wrote:Sorry one last thing.

For the record SlickTX.

I admit this is very disturbing, I said so in my first reply to this thread. But there is a big gap between disturbing and illegal to the point of "doing something about it." Others have replied in various forms of "be careful what you ask for" in fear of many losing rights they hold dear.

I never said these particular guys were innocents. In fact I think they have bad intent. But the point is you can't "do something about" intent (without action). . . in this circumstance or any other.

I do think that law enforcement should keep a careful eye on these guys and jump on them the moment they do something illegal.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

SlickTX wrote:
I do think that law enforcement should keep a careful eye on these guys and jump on them the moment they do something illegal.
This is the best idea. See if they really have any ill intent. I hope they don't.

Considering our country's current attitude and climate toward Muslims, I'd be arming up if I was one, too.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Actually, there's a bright side to this.

Large camps like the ones described in the video are much easier to identify, observe and infiltrate than small cells of unknowns who keep to themselves.

Folks going to and from these places are also pretty easy to identify, and looking into them can produce some valuable insights into things that would be good to know about.

There's significant intelligence value to letting them have these places to run around in the woods.

Of course, I hope that someone in the appropriate agencies is actually looking........
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Mando'a

Post by Mando'a »

SlickTX wrote:
Mando'a wrote:Sorry one last thing.

For the record SlickTX.

I admit this is very disturbing, I said so in my first reply to this thread. But there is a big gap between disturbing and illegal to the point of "doing something about it." Others have replied in various forms of "be careful what you ask for" in fear of many losing rights they hold dear.

I never said these particular guys were innocents. In fact I think they have bad intent. But the point is you can't "do something about" intent (without action). . . in this circumstance or any other.

:iagree:

I agree with you 100%.

Yes it was a knee-jerk reaction on my part, the "do something about."

I'll try to cool off before I post in the future. :tiphat:
Hat's off to you Sir!

NRA member
Glock 22

SlickTX

Post by SlickTX »

I had the same reaction that you did. We are all human.

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

I agree with the above...get them on current laws and if they aren't breaking any current laws then don't do anything about it.

I would add that some guy on an infotainment show saying he can "guarantee" that Al-Queda would love to have facilities like this (no kidding, Sherlock?) and then making veiled references to WMDs and a refusal to condemn a video as his big smoking gun...it looks like a lot of journalistic smoke and mirrors. These same people who call all firearms fully-automatic weapons of mass destruction really can't be relied on when they say that they heard one anonymous source inside a police dept say that he thinks they have "WMDs." Do they mean AR15s or nuclear weapons? There's a big difference.

I think this should be investigated and if they are breaking the law that they should be shut down quickly and fully. I just don't put any stock in that "report" which was little more than scare tactics and political pandering.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Off-Topic”