Dumb

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mischka67
Posts in topic: 2

Dumb

Post by mischka67 »

Warning. Picture is a disturbing image

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/454 ... afc2_o.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a friend of a friend of mine. He had just purchased the pistol and proceeded to post a series of immensely disturbing photos on his facebook profile. This of course was the one that really upset me. I definitely had a talk with him but judging by his response I don't think it made him any wiser. Just thought I would share.
Point and click in case of emergency .

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dumb

Post by joe817 »

Dumb is a gross understatement. Anyone that stupid to have such reckless disregard of a firearm is a danger to himself and EVERYONE he associates with. Tell your friend to drop this stupid looser before he winds up dead. The same goes for you too. :mad5
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

clbryant1981

Post by clbryant1981 »

Why do people think actions like this make them cool. I don't care how many thug movies and music videos they watch, this just makes them look immature and stupid. I second joe817, get as far away from this guy as possible before he hurts or kills someone.
Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Cal Bi Tone

Plastic 5-23-10 (45 days)

quidni

Post by quidni »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:iagree: :banghead:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote:I have no sympathy for people who do that kind of stuff - the gene pool needs more chlorine, anyway.
Ahyup!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

Wow... The closest I ever got to being that gangsta on Facebook was posting a pic of my puppy holding an airsoft gun. :coolgleamA:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
mischka67

Post by mischka67 »

Thank goodness I have extremely limited contact with him. Actions such as this are without a doubt appalling to say the least. Another thing that scares me is the fact that no one else (that I knew of) that viewed the photos felt the same way (this is quite apparent considering the comments). I was always taught that any tool whether it be a gun, knife, screwdriver, or saw should be respected for it's capabilities and thus should be treated in an appropriate manner. But regardless of what I was taught I always thought it was common sense that these things aren't toys. I realize that there is little reason for me to post a picture like this but I really just had to confirm my own thoughts on it because it seems quite a few people find very little wrong with this kind of behavior (because the gun wasn't loaded).
Point and click in case of emergency .

clbryant1981

Post by clbryant1981 »

Loaded or not, it's still a gun. There could be a day where he thought he cleared it, but didn't, and there happens to be one in the chamber, with his finger on the trigger like it was it only takes one slip. There is a video on youtube where a cop is talking to a room full of students, makes the comment that he is the only one in the room professional enough to handle a glock, just then the glock goes off and shoots him in the foot. It only takes one second, or slip of mind, for things to go wrong.

Glad to hear you have limited contact, and it is scary how many people think that is was cute or gangsta.
Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Cal Bi Tone

Plastic 5-23-10 (45 days)

gemini

Post by gemini »

Wish I hadn't seen that...... I forget. how do you spell "stoooooopid"?
#1 gun rule above all others: Treat EVERY gun as if it's loaded.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mischka67 wrote:Thank goodness I have extremely limited contact with him. Actions such as this are without a doubt appalling to say the least. Another thing that scares me is the fact that no one else (that I knew of) that viewed the photos felt the same way (this is quite apparent considering the comments). I was always taught that any tool whether it be a gun, knife, screwdriver, or saw should be respected for it's capabilities and thus should be treated in an appropriate manner. But regardless of what I was taught I always thought it was common sense that these things aren't toys. I realize that there is little reason for me to post a picture like this but I really just had to confirm my own thoughts on it because it seems quite a few people find very little wrong with this kind of behavior (because the gun wasn't loaded).
My old Momma, rest her soul, told me, "...you are known by the company you keep", many times. She was right...think about it.

I saw "dumb" and "stupid" used in previous posts to descibe this child's antics, did I miss "infantile" and/or "immature"?

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Oldgringo wrote:
mischka67 wrote:Thank goodness I have extremely limited contact with him. Actions such as this are without a doubt appalling to say the least. Another thing that scares me is the fact that no one else (that I knew of) that viewed the photos felt the same way (this is quite apparent considering the comments). I was always taught that any tool whether it be a gun, knife, screwdriver, or saw should be respected for it's capabilities and thus should be treated in an appropriate manner. But regardless of what I was taught I always thought it was common sense that these things aren't toys. I realize that there is little reason for me to post a picture like this but I really just had to confirm my own thoughts on it because it seems quite a few people find very little wrong with this kind of behavior (because the gun wasn't loaded).
My old Momma, rest her soul, told me, "...you are known by the company you keep", many times. She was right...think about it.

I saw "dumb" and "stupid" used in previous posts to descibe this child's antics, did I miss "infantile" and/or "immature"?
That's why I don't keep company. No body knows me :coolgleamA:
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Tha_Veteran

Post by Tha_Veteran »

I am not understanding how that is "cool". :headscratch
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" - T. Roosevelt

11/01/09 Class Taken
11/05/09 Packet sent
11/10/09 Packet received