Burglar shoots homeowner

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
numist
Posts in topic: 1

Burglar shoots homeowner

Post by numist »

From Fox4 in Dallas,TX:
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/man_ki ... ng_burglar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - A North Texas man was shot and killed in his own home after police said he tried to stop a burglary in progress.

Police said 69-year-old Johnie Stailey and his wife returned to their Grand Prairie home after church Sunday evening to discover they were being robbed.

Stailey confronted the armed man, who shot him several times, police said.

He was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.

Family and friends said they are shocked by his tragic death.

“It’s hard but I’m getting by. Trust in God and everything. It’ll be OK,” said daughter Michelle Russ.

Arise and Build Church Pastor James Buford said Stailey was a deacon at the church.

“Our community, our church, his family has had a great loss and it’s very tragic that this has happened,” Buford said.

Police believe Stailey knew his killer from the church. Officers arrested a suspect who they say was wanted for burglarizing the homes of other church members.

That man’s name has not yet been released.
Educate ignorance, reward excellence and severely punish stupidity.

ExMarlboroMan

Re: Burglar shoots homeowner

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

IT seems it usually is someone you know, the other 48% of the time it's completely random. RIP to the deacon.

Wish he had been armed.... Maybe the story would have played out different, maybe he would still be alive.
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

numist wrote: Stailey confronted the armed man, who shot him several times, police said.
Not a good move (even if armed). Call the police and be a good witness. Things are not worth a precious life. If you are going to confront I would think it best to wait until the last second (if you were armed).

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

numist wrote:Officers arrested a suspect who they say was wanted for burglarizing the homes of other church members.
The phrase "a day late and a dollar short" comes to mind.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thread already started here http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=30167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”