Treva's Barber Shop

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AggieC05
Posts in topic: 4

Treva's Barber Shop

Post by AggieC05 »

Anyone here on this board frequent Treva for a hair cut in Fort Worth. I ask because as I was getting my hair cut a guy walked in wearing a vest and what looked to be a tactical khaki web belt everyone seems so fond of on here. He had his cellphone in a khaki case at 3o'clock. I did a double check to make sure it wasn't a mag holder. I honestly didn't know if the guy was carrying as I could not see any printing, but he looked the part, talked the part (prior military, conservative). I wanted to ask in a discreet manner, but thought better of it.

So was it anybody on this board?

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Treva's Barber Shop

Post by USA1 »

i think it was either Joe817 or lonewolf . :cool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Wasn't me, I do not go west of I-45 when I am up in Dallas... ;-)

So what are your concerns??? I believe you made a good observation, yet why would you want to strike up a conversation with someone that you observed wearing certain items of clothing, and said a few things that may identify him as someone who "might" be carrying...

Reverse the situation, and put yourself in his shoes...Would you like to have someone you don't know come up to you and ask if you were carrying a firearm??? No matter how innocent and chummy you are to the issue of concealed carry???

Like I said you made a good observation, but I would not even ask anyone I know, who I know is very likely to be carrying...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

USA1 wrote:i think it was either Joe817 or lonewolf . :cool:
Are they right or left handed???

I don't put anything on the strong-side but the "Sledgehammer"...And my cellphone usually sits in the left breast shirt pocket...My reloads sit in the left cheek pocket...

So I do not think I would garner much attention or scrutiny by anyone...

I am just a harmless fuzzball... "rlol"
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
AggieC05

Post by AggieC05 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Wasn't me, I do not go west of I-45 when I am up in Dallas... ;-)

So what are your concerns??? I believe you made a good observation, yet why would you want to strike up a conversation with someone that you observed wearing certain items of clothing, and said a few things that may identify him as someone who "might" be carrying...

Reverse the situation, and put yourself in his shoes...Would you like to have someone you don't know come up to you and ask if you were carrying a firearm??? No matter how innocent and chummy you are to the issue of concealed carry???

Like I said you made a good observation, but I would not even ask anyone I know, who I know is very likely to be carrying...

I would never ask in a public place but striking up conversation on the side is something else. Notice I may have wanted to ask but I did not end up asking. Which is why I waited till today and came on here to ask if it was anyone. aka... side conversation.

I would never intentionally out someone, I would tell someone if their 2a rights were showing very visibly, but in the most discreet way possible in case no one else has noticed.

and just cause i feel like this smiley today :chldancing

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

OMG....that was G. Torino. :mrgreen:

AEA

Post by AEA »

Just for info, I have left my pistol in the car (parked in front where I can see it) at a barbershop and gone inside and removed my cover garment (in winter) openly displaying two loaded magazines in a double mag pouch on weak side and a empty holster on strong side.

It is not illegal. I am still considering if it is foolish........ :oops: :tiphat:

To keep this post on the thread topic, I have never been to Treva's Barber Shop. ;-)
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Now quit trying to get me in trouble! I don't need any more help!! :smilelol5: :lol: "rlol"

Nope, wasn't me. I don't look that conservative(I don't think), and I get haircuts only 3 or 4 times a year. But I AM left handed. :shock:

Where is this barber shop anyway? I grew up in Ridglea area.
Last edited by joe817 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AEA wrote:Just for info, I have left my pistol in the car (parked in front where I can see it) at a barbershop and gone inside and removed my cover garment (in winter) openly displaying two loaded magazines in a double mag pouch on weak side and a empty holster on strong side.

It is not illegal. I am still considering if it is foolish........ :oops: :tiphat:
If they even noticed they probably thought that you were foolish because you accidently left your gun at home. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
AggieC05

Post by AggieC05 »

joe817 wrote:
Now quite trying to get me in trouble! I don't need any more help!! :smilelol5: :lol: "rlol"

Nope, wasn't me. I don't look that conservative(I don't think), and I get haircuts only 3 or 4 times a year. But I AM left handed. :shock:

Where is this barber shop anyway? I grew up in Ridglea area.

Well its right on the edge of arlington/fort worth line.. right near I-30 and Eastchase

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.756897 ... 27874&z=16

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Thanks Aggie. That's over right by me a few miles. I pass by it all the time.....but I've never been in there.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
AggieC05

Post by AggieC05 »

joe817 wrote:Thanks Aggie. That's over right by me a few miles. I pass by it all the time.....but I've never been in there.
No problem. Treva does a great job. $14 for a hair cut, and shaves your neck with a straight razor...

Return to “Off-Topic”