Can we trust McCain?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CHL/LEO
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can we trust McCain?

Post by CHL/LEO »

Do you think we can actually trust McCain...
No - he's a politician...
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

CHL/LEO wrote:
Do you think we can actually trust McCain...
No - he's a politician...
That's not the question!

He's a politician and all politicians are liars!

The only question is whether we would be better off with John McCain or Hillary or Obama.

No matter what flaws you find in McCain, that is the only relevent question.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Hobson's choice IMO.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

CHL/LEO

Post by CHL/LEO »

The only question is whether we would be better off with John McCain or Hillary or Obama.
That's a totally different question than the first one you posed which was:
Do you think we can actually trust McCain to keep his word about his voting-style on firearms?
My answer to the first one is still NO. My answer to your second one is I believe we would be better off with McCain.

In my opinion George H.W. Bush was a far better president than his son. I honestly believed him when he made the famous, "Read my lips" statement concerning taxes. What that taught me was that politicians will sell their soul to the devil if they think it helps them.

Regarding McCain - just remember the "McCain-Kennedy" and "McCain-Lieberman" bills. The '01 McCain-Lieberman bill speaks directly to gun control. If you're not familiar with that bill you can click here for more details on exactly what a disaster that would have been for us.

I personally don't see a good choice for us in this upcoming election. It boils down to the lesser of three evils.
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

Trust no-one
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Liko81

Post by Liko81 »

jbirds1210 wrote:Hobson's choice IMO.

Jason
Actually, it's a Morton's Fork. A Hobson's choice is equivalent to "my way or the highway"; a Morton's Fork is "would you rather be hung or shot?".

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

CHL/LEO wrote:
That's a totally different question than the first one you posed which was:
Do you think we can actually trust McCain to keep his word about his voting-style on firearms?
My answer to the first one is still NO. My answer to your second one is I believe we would be better off with McCain.
Mike1951 wrote:The only question is whether we would be better off with John McCain or Hillary or Obama.
Russell wrote:Do you think we can actually trust McCain to keep his word about his voting-style on firearms?
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

KJV

Post by KJV »

By their Deeds ye shall know them.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy
John 10:10

dukesean

Post by dukesean »

No. Vote Ron Paul.
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

flb_78
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flb_78 »

dukesean wrote:No. Vote Ron Paul.
+1
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

I don't trust McCain any more than I trust any other politician; they ALL lie. The problem is I don't have a choice, he is the Republican nominee. I think I'll just stay home on election day.

Don't even get me started on Ron Paul "rlol" , anyone who votes for him will accomplish nothing more than helping the Dems win the presidency just like everyone did when they voted for Ross Perot and handed Bubba Clintoon the presidency as a result.

dukesean

Post by dukesean »

Jason73 wrote:I don't trust McCain any more than I trust any other politician; they ALL lie. The problem is I don't have a choice, he is the Republican nominee. I think I'll just stay home on election day.

Don't even get me started on Ron Paul "rlol" , anyone who votes for him will accomplish nothing more than helping the Dems win the presidency just like everyone did when they voted for Ross Perot and handed Bubba Clintoon the presidency as a result.
What I will accomplish is voting for someone who I think represents my ideals the best. I don't play a numbers game with my vote, I play an issues game. Until he officially drops out of the race, he still has my vote.

I know people think I would be wasting my vote on a guy who seemingly has no chance whatsoever of winning, but to me, voting for someone I don't believe in is a bigger waste of my vote.
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Trainman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Trainman »

I know people think I would be wasting my vote on a guy who seemingly has no chance whatsoever of winning, but to me, voting for someone I don't believe in is a bigger waste of my vote.
Think of it in terms of defeating the liberal anti-gunners of the country. The democrats can do more harm to this country than the worst Republican.
A good defense is equally important as a good offense. Remember Tom Landry's strategy. Build up the defense so they can't score against you.

I plan on voting to WIN BY DEFEATING THE DEMOCRATS.
I am not spend my vote to lose - twice!!

If I were to vote for someone based on my fantasy of perfection so that I will feel good - even though they have no chance to win:
First loss - at the polls.
Second loss - resumption of new anti-2A laws and appointment of liberal judges.

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

Trust is a hard thing with career politicins like the McCain ,Clinton,and Obama, Ron Paul is the only one that needs to be in the white house IMHO.

Back to the question can you trust McCain,NO
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

Return to “Off-Topic”