Prayers needed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

Prayers needed

Post by cmgee67 »

Hey everyone please pray for my wife’s cousin.

She went to the doctor recently and they discovered a mass in here stomach that had shifted her insides. She has not been any pain from it but they decided to look further. It is a cancerous mass that is 23cm in diameter and if it’s bursts could take her with it. They are going to the oncologist today. Her name is Lindsey and she’s 29

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Prayers needed

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for Lindsey and her family as well. Father, guide the physicians that are involved and heal this youn woman. I [ray for the family and comfort in this time of distress.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxRVer »

Prayers for Lindsey and family.
Charlie

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Prayers sent.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:20 am Hey everyone please pray for my wife’s cousin.

She went to the doctor recently and they discovered a mass in here stomach that had shifted her insides. She has not been any pain from it but they decided to look further. It is a cancerous mass that is 23cm in diameter and if it’s bursts could take her with it. They are going to the oncologist today. Her name is Lindsey and she’s 29
I'm very sorry for your wife's cousin, but as someone that lives with cancer since 2016, please consider my suggestions:

1) She is going to need a support team of spouse/family/friends. Assemble them.
2) Talking to a cancer doctor about your health is emotional. She should never go to the doctor alone. A 2nd set of ears/eyes is important.
3) Get a 2nd opinion, always.
4) MD Anderson here in Houston is a premier cancer center and I've had a good experience with them. See them if possible.
5) If she is going to be laid up for a while, fix up her home to accommodate her condition. No stair climbing, making her comfortable, etc.
6) Someone from the support team should be with her, especially when she first comes home after surgery or she begins to feel the side effects of radiation/chemo. Surgery put me out for a couple of weeks, but radiation zapped my strength for months.
7) Keep a notebook of what the doctor says and when and which doctor. In other words, record her care. Keep her medical records handy. MD Anderson has a record portal.

I hope these suggestions help and I sent up prayers.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Praying...
Ron
NRA Member

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

So sorry for what happened to your wife's cousin. Prayers.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Prayers my friend. She is so young to have this. I am glad she hasn’t been in pain. We pray she stays out of pain and God will heal her.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Adding my prayers for Lindsey.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." — Isaiah 41:10
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Praying and agreeing.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cmgee67 »

Folks all I can say is God is good. One day they said she had cancer, today test results came back that it’s not cancer! She’s still not out of the woods yet as I’m fairly certain it will have to be removed. But the cancer part is a relief

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My friend also had a cancerous mass in her stomach, she was also young. It was removed five years ago. She is doing great.

My prayers for your young friend for a successful surgery and outcome, in his name Amen.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

cmgee67 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:24 pm Folks all I can say is God is good. One day they said she had cancer, today test results came back that it’s not cancer! She’s still not out of the woods yet as I’m fairly certain it will have to be removed. But the cancer part is a relief
Thank you for telling us! God is good!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I know first hand about prayer and cancer. God got me through it about 5 years ago and he is helping my oldest daughter through stomach cancer now. He also saw my 2nd oldest through breast cancer. God is good all the time. You just have to put your faith in him.
Still praying for no pain and that the mass is successfully removed
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”