Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by SQLGeek »

philip964 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:51 pm
wheelgun1958 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm Rumor is that Trump had the vaccines engineered so that anyone taking it will vote for him in 2024.

:lol::
Can’t run in 2024. Trump can only serve 8 years, unless he can get the constitution changed. 22nd Amenent.
Heh well he's not going to be POTUS as of January so he will get a shot at another term in 2024.
Psalm 91:2

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Pawpaw »

Coroner Blasts Covid-19 Death Rates, Calls Data Misleading

The only relatively new thing here is that i you die, say in an automobile accident, your family could be denied a double indemnity payout because COVID is considered a "natural death" and not an accidental death.

https://rumble.com/vbzv5d-coroner-blast ... ading.html
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Rafe
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Rafe »

Fears of UK's rapid-spreading COVID-19 mutated strain prompt flight bans in several EU nations
https://abc13.com/health/fears-of-uks-m ... 12/20/2020
Several European Union nations on Sunday banned flights from the U.K. and Germany was considering limiting such flights to make sure that a new strain of coronavirus sweeping across southern England does not establish a strong foothold on the continent.
The EU governments say they are acting in response to tougher measures imposed Saturday in London and its surrounding areas by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson. He immediately put those regions into a new Tier 4 level of restrictions, saying that a fast-moving new variant of the virus that is 70% more transmissible than existing strains appears to be driving the rapid spread of new infections in London and southern England.
The variant has been known for a couple of months, and has also been found minimally in Denmark and the Netherlands. More transmissible but I haven't seen anything indicating it has a different mortality rate. The new mRNA-based vaccines will evidently work against this strain, as well.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... llout.html

Half the states will prioritize "people of color" in vaccine rollout. In other words race will be a factor in who gets the vaccine first.

This was a Drudge headline. Not sure what this means. Drudge is going back to conservative or what?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/overdose-deaths- ... 13845.html

Many more Overdose deaths in San Fransisco than Covid deaths.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

First I heard of this.
Emphasis mine.

We Had the Vaccine the Whole Time
You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial. This is — as the country and the world are rightly celebrating — the fastest timeline of development in the history of vaccines. It also means that for the entire span of the pandemic in this country, which has already killed more than 250,000 Americans, we had the tools we needed to prevent it .

To be clear, I don’t want to suggest that Moderna should have been allowed to roll out its vaccine in February or even in May, when interim results from its Phase I trial demonstrated its basic safety. “That would be like saying we put a man on the moon and then asking the very same day, ‘What about going to Mars?’ ”
None of the scientists I spoke to for this story were at all surprised by either outcome — all said they expected the vaccines were safe and effective all along. Which has made a number of them wonder whether, in the future, at least, we might find a way to do things differently — without even thinking in terms of trade-offs. Rethinking our approach to vaccine development, they told me, could mean moving faster without moving any more recklessly. A layperson might look at the 2020 timelines and question whether, in the case of an onrushing pandemic, a lengthy Phase III trial — which tests for efficacy — is necessary. But the scientists I spoke to about the way this pandemic may reshape future vaccine development were more focused on how to accelerate or skip Phase I, which tests for safety. More precisely, they thought it would be possible to do all the research, development, preclinical testing, and Phase I trials for new viral pandemics before those new viruses had even emerged — to have those vaccines sitting on the shelf and ready to go when they did. They also thought it was possible to do this for nearly the entire universe of potential future viral pandemics — at least 90 percent of them, one of them told me, and likely more.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:33 pm First I heard of this.
Emphasis mine.

We Had the Vaccine the Whole Time
You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial. This is — as the country and the world are rightly celebrating — the fastest timeline of development in the history of vaccines. It also means that for the entire span of the pandemic in this country, which has already killed more than 250,000 Americans, we had the tools we needed to prevent it .

To be clear, I don’t want to suggest that Moderna should have been allowed to roll out its vaccine in February or even in May, when interim results from its Phase I trial demonstrated its basic safety. “That would be like saying we put a man on the moon and then asking the very same day, ‘What about going to Mars?’ ”
None of the scientists I spoke to for this story were at all surprised by either outcome — all said they expected the vaccines were safe and effective all along. Which has made a number of them wonder whether, in the future, at least, we might find a way to do things differently — without even thinking in terms of trade-offs. Rethinking our approach to vaccine development, they told me, could mean moving faster without moving any more recklessly. A layperson might look at the 2020 timelines and question whether, in the case of an onrushing pandemic, a lengthy Phase III trial — which tests for efficacy — is necessary. But the scientists I spoke to about the way this pandemic may reshape future vaccine development were more focused on how to accelerate or skip Phase I, which tests for safety. More precisely, they thought it would be possible to do all the research, development, preclinical testing, and Phase I trials for new viral pandemics before those new viruses had even emerged — to have those vaccines sitting on the shelf and ready to go when they did. They also thought it was possible to do this for nearly the entire universe of potential future viral pandemics — at least 90 percent of them, one of them told me, and likely more.
And they still don't know what the long term affects of this vaccine will be. Two years from now, people could start growing tails. The range of issues that could come from the vaccine is endless.

03Lightningrocks

I am sure most here don't need this warning but I will give it for those that do. Through out this thread I have been vocal about believing the government violating our rights by issuing bans, closures and mask mandates is wrong. I still feel this way. But I do think people should take it upon themselves to know the risks and act accordingly. Here is my story.

Thanksgiving week my foolish brothers, mother and all their children decided to spend the week together in what I now call their own private super spreader event. Almost all of them got it. Either from my Mom who did lucnh with a friend the week before, or my brother who traveled from Ohio on a Covid special flight. The lady my mom had lunch with was tested positive, but decided after two weeks she was safe. She still had it. They are my family and I love them but their actions were nothing short of foolish.

They all recovered fine except my younger brother who is 55. He ended up in the hospital on a ventilator and remdisiver. After three days he got better. He then tested negative so they sent him home. Yesterday he went back to hospital for a kidney stone when they found an air pocket in his lungs and a positive test for Covid! Turns out you can get it twice and maybe even three times. He is now once again on remdisiver in an attempt to keep it from causing a second round of pneumonia.

So right after my mom texts me that he is hoping to go home in time for Xmas because she bought a prime rib and was hoping to go to his home and do dinner with them! I blew my last nerve and told her she was crazy if she went back around them this soon. I reminder her she is 80 and may not get lucky a second time and die from the stuff. So she calls the nurse at the hospital to ask if she had immunity since she recovered from it with no issues. Of coarse the nurse said absolutely not. She also told her that the past couple weeks they have had a rash of people coming in with Covid for the second time! So after being told by the nurse it was a dumb idea to get around a person with Covid, she decided it was called off. I texted her back that there is nothing more exciting than playing covid roulette. I am just blown away by the absolute insanity of it all.

Anyway, be careful folks. This virus is insidious. For absolutely certain, you can catch it twice and there is no minimum immunity period.

mayor
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mayor »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:02 pm I am sure most here don't need this warning but I will give it for those that do. Through out this thread I have been vocal about believing the government violating our rights by issuing bans, closures and mask mandates is wrong. I still feel this way. But I do think people should take it upon themselves to know the risks and act accordingly. Here is my story.

Thanksgiving week my foolish brothers, mother and all their children decided to spend the week together in what I now call their own private super spreader event. Almost all of them got it. Either from my Mom who did lucnh with a friend the week before, or my brother who traveled from Ohio on a Covid special flight. The lady my mom had lunch with was tested positive, but decided after two weeks she was safe. She still had it. They are my family and I love them but their actions were nothing short of foolish.

They all recovered fine except my younger brother who is 55. He ended up in the hospital on a ventilator and remdisiver. After three days he got better. He then tested negative so they sent him home. Yesterday he went back to hospital for a kidney stone when they found an air pocket in his lungs and a positive test for Covid! Turns out you can get it twice and maybe even three times. He is now once again on remdisiver in an attempt to keep it from causing a second round of pneumonia.

So right after my mom texts me that he is hoping to go home in time for Xmas because she bought a prime rib and was hoping to go to his home and do dinner with them! I blew my last nerve and told her she was crazy if she went back around them this soon. I reminder her she is 80 and may not get lucky a second time and die from the stuff. So she calls the nurse at the hospital to ask if she had immunity since she recovered from it with no issues. Of coarse the nurse said absolutely not. She also told her that the past couple weeks they have had a rash of people coming in with Covid for the second time! So after being told by the nurse it was a dumb idea to get around a person with Covid, she decided it was called off. I texted her back that there is nothing more exciting than playing covid roulette. I am just blown away by the absolute insanity of it all.

Anyway, be careful folks. This virus is insidious. For absolutely certain, you can catch it twice and there is no minimum immunity period.
So, herd immunity is a pipe dream.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 40

Post by srothstein »

If you think about it, if you truly can catch it twice, it means that not only is herd immunity a pipe dream, but the vaccinations are also absolutely useless, well other than as a placebo. The principle of a vaccination is that they will help your immune system "learn" to recognize the virus and develop the antibodies to fight it. But if you already had COVID, your body has already developed the antibodies and should be able to do them again. That is the immunity.

I find it much easier to believe that the tests for COVID are faulty and are producing false negatives and false positives. A false negative means that the people were never really recovered from COVID, it just went into a period of remission. Then they had another flareup and, since they believed they had recovered, thought they caught COVID a second time.

I have no evidence that I am right about this, It just strikes me as much more plausible than the disease not producing antibodies and immunity. And I am not a doctor or biological researcher, so I have no qualifications to even make this decision. That doesn't stop me from having this opinion though.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

srothstein wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 am If you think about it, if you truly can catch it twice, it means that not only is herd immunity a pipe dream, but the vaccinations are also absolutely useless, well other than as a placebo. The principle of a vaccination is that they will help your immune system "learn" to recognize the virus and develop the antibodies to fight it. But if you already had COVID, your body has already developed the antibodies and should be able to do them again. That is the immunity.

I find it much easier to believe that the tests for COVID are faulty and are producing false negatives and false positives. A false negative means that the people were never really recovered from COVID, it just went into a period of remission. Then they had another flareup and, since they believed they had recovered, thought they caught COVID a second time.

I have no evidence that I am right about this, It just strikes me as much more plausible than the disease not producing antibodies and immunity. And I am not a doctor or biological researcher, so I have no qualifications to even make this decision. That doesn't stop me from having this opinion though.
I am having the exact same thought patterns. They were emphatic that he was negative when he went home but I keep thinking if he was still positive until yesterday, that means he had covid for four weeks. What about the people who have been longer between positive tests. Say a couple to three months? I am no Doctor either but it seems every time I blink there is some new issue popping up in the news. I have problems believing anything they say at this point. We can't really trust our government to tell us the truth anymore.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/p ... -vaccines/

Professor of molecular genetics issues chilling warning on Covid mRNA vaccine.

Looks like if you have any allergic reaction to vaccine you do not want to get the second dose.

Apparently this mNRA vaccine is kind of a new thing not just another flu shot. She wants vials of the vaccine archived so that if it later causes a big problem, it can be analysed and find out whats in it.

Should we trust her "science" or the vaccine mfg. "science".

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/ne ... senger-rna

If you want some science on mRNA.

If I remember correctly the vaccine makers were given immunity from suit, so as to speed up the process.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 am https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/p ... -vaccines/

Professor of molecular genetics issues chilling warning on Covid mRNA vaccine.

Looks like if you have any allergic reaction to vaccine you do not want to get the second dose.

Apparently this mNRA vaccine is kind of a new thing not just another flu shot. She wants vials of the vaccine archived so that if it later causes a big problem, it can be analysed and find out whats in it.

Should we trust her "science" or the vaccine mfg. "science".

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/ne ... senger-rna

If you want some science on mRNA.

If I remember correctly the vaccine makers were given immunity from suit, so as to speed up the process.
To be honest, I trust NOTHING our government says any more.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics ... index.html

Hopefully this does not mean the Pfizer vaccine is ineffective.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

srothstein
Posts in topic: 40

Post by srothstein »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:08 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics ... index.html

Hopefully this does not mean the Pfizer vaccine is ineffective.
Personally, I believe it means that the tests for COVID are faulty. I think they are not as reliable as people thought and produce both false negatives and false positives. This is an easier explanation to believe than the vaccine is ineffective or that people who had the virus and were pronounced cured came up with a second infection. To believe that the vaccine is bad or that people got reinfected requires me to believe that the virus is not dying when attacked by the antibodies our immune system produces. This means our theory of immunity is shot and will not longer work. It also means the virus is here forever. Occam's razor says the answer with the least assumptions is most likely to be the correct one and people making a bad test is the most likely assumption I can think of.

And yes, I do realize the amount that wishful thinking colors my belief here. But the alternative is to believe that the virus was human engineered for rapid mutation and defeating immune systems (which is not that hard to believe). This means also that it was designed as a bio-weapon (again easy to believe). But that implies to me that it was released deliberately as an attack and I still find that hard to believe. Again, this reflects my desire to think good of people (another old saw I try to live by is to never attribute to evil that which should be attributed to incompetence) and might all be wishful thinking on my part.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”