Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

clarionite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by clarionite »

Beiruty wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:35 am
Blackhorse1 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 am 1 on 1 they're nothing. They are only tough when there's 15 of them. Bunch of hind sucking scumbags. They say I have my gang of 15 whatcha gonna do? I say, I brought my gang of 16, you just can't see them. Now the question is, whatcha YOU gonna do? :cheers2:
I prefer to perch somewhere on top with a dark night black stick and smoking a hooka. I am too old for knuckle busting matches.
I'm too old for fair fights too. That's why you don't mess with old men. They're too old to take a whipping, too slow to run and we didn't get old by being stupid.

strogg
Posts in topic: 13

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 pm Just out of curiosity, I did a little digging:

Gaige P Grosskreutz - Milwaukee, WI - 40 miles from Kenosha (Bicep blowout guy)
Anthony Huber - Silver Lake, Wi - 20 miles from Kenosha (Skateboard guy)
Joseph Rosenbaum - Kenosha, WI (Headshot guy)

Kyle Rittenhouse - Antioch, IL - 21 miles from Kenosha

I'm not sure what the relevance is regarding distance traveled - but apparently it matters to those on the Left, so there you have it for perspective.
I think they're trying to defeat the self defense argument by saying the kid intended to incite trouble. Traveling 20 miles across state lines with a rifle may give that impression to some people. It's a whole lotta nothing at this point, but unfortunately, when you add up a whole lotta nothing, some people see a valid argument rather than an empty basket.

Regardless, this case is not as clear cut as it may seem. As far as I know, there's no video evidence that shows how the altercations first started. We are only assuming that it started when the protester fired his first shot. We don't know what happened before that. We don't know for sure who showed a use of force first. I believe it's for that reason the kid is being charged. If he can prove that the protesters were the initial forceful aggressors, then the case will die in court. We will see.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 55

Post by parabelum »

Fat commie dude fights with a Trump supporter lady who (in my opinion) was starting to kick his fat commie butt.

https://michaelsavage.com/meanwhile-in- ... allygoers/

Btw, is it just me or do you notice that majority of these “protestors” are white?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

Felons who turned Antifa are becoming aggressive and BLM is just watching the show unfold
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

strogg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm
AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 pm Just out of curiosity, I did a little digging:

I'm not sure what the relevance is regarding distance traveled - but apparently it matters to those on the Left, so there you have it for perspective.
I think they're trying to defeat the self defense argument by saying the kid intended to incite trouble. Traveling 20 miles across state lines with a rifle may give that impression to some people. It's a whole lotta nothing at this point, but unfortunately, when you add up a whole lotta nothing, some people see a valid argument rather than an empty basket.

Regardless, this case is not as clear cut as it may seem. As far as I know, there's no video evidence that shows how the altercations first started. We are only assuming that it started when the protester fired his first shot. We don't know what happened before that. We don't know for sure who showed a use of force first. I believe it's for that reason the kid is being charged. If he can prove that the protesters were the initial forceful aggressors, then the case will die in court. We will see.
There is clear video evidence showing the kid running away, a gunshot (not his) and the guy following him throwing something at him ....
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

C-dub
Posts in topic: 11

Post by C-dub »

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

"White silence is violence".

It does have a nice rhythm to it, but, lacks realism.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

f2d3dc130945ddf617261a1db57b3165.jpg

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AikXMK3RxTyOB3-L98hGJLQ

The two Kenosha hero’s who attempted to stop the shooting rampage by the 17 year old have been identified.

As only NBC can write.

strogg

Post by strogg »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:32 pm
strogg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm

There is clear video evidence showing the kid running away, a gunshot (not his) and the guy following him throwing something at him ....
I'm not doubting that part. But did the kid use force to provoke the protester before the start of the video? That's what I'm getting at. Time in this universe didn't start when the video started. Things may have transpired before that. If the kid was the initial aggressor, then self defense is out the window. I am in no way condoning the guilt of the kid. In all honesty, I hope he didn't start the altercation. But I can't say he's not guilty of the accused crimes until I am certain of the whole story.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:21 pm https://apple.news/AikXMK3RxTyOB3-L98hGJLQ

The two Kenosha hero’s who attempted to stop the shooting rampage by the 17 year old have been identified.

As only NBC can write.
They are distorting the story beyond belief.

strogg

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm
strogg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm
I'm not doubting that part. But did the kid use force to provoke the protester before the start of the video? That's what I'm getting at. Time in this universe didn't start when the video started. Things may have transpired before that. If the kid was the initial aggressor, then self defense is out the window.
Not according to a reporter who was there and gave a statement (published) to the police.
“Detective Cepress interviewed McGinnis and indicates the following: Before the shooting, McGinnis was interviewing the defendant. The defendant told McGinnis that he was a trained medic.”

McGinnis stated that he (McGinnis) “has handled many ARs and that the defendant was not handling the weapon very well. McGinnis said that as they were walking south another armed male who appeared to be in his 30s joined them and said he was there to protect the defendant. McGinnis stated that before the defendant reached the parking lot and ran across it, the defendant had moved from the middle of Sheridan Road to the sidewalk and that is when McGinnis saw a male (Rosenbaum) initially try to engage the defendant. McGinnis stated that as the defendant was walking Rosenbaum was trying to get closer to the defendant. When Rosenbaum advanced, the defendant did a ‘juke’ move and started running,” according to the complaint.

McGinnis stated that “there were other people that were moving very quickly. McGinnis stated that they were moving towards the defendant. McGinnis said that according to what he saw the defendant was trying to evade these individuals. McGinnis described the point where the defendant had reached the car.
Even if he had (short of shooting/assaulting someone, I suppose) he regains innocence if he's backing away from confrontation.
Thank you for filling in the gaps. If that is indeed true (I have no reason to doubt that as there is no one contradicting that statement), the first act of force was performed by a protester and not the kid. In which case, we are in agreement that the kid was acting in self defense from the start.

Return to “Off-Topic”