Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I'm with grayling 813. My finger flies almost as fast as my mouth. I'll be damned if they try to make me raise my fist for them. It's more like I'll be raising it to them instead. I'm not one that knows how to play well with THEM. I don't give s... I don't take s... I'm not in the s... Business. You believe what you want and so will I. I'm easy to get along with but I'm also easily rattled. Just don't come to my table and demand that I think like they want me to. Ok, I'm through venting. Whew...
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://www.fox6now.com/news/9-arrested ... in-kenosha

Police arrest 9 people in Kenosha in three large vehicles with out of state plates. They were filling up gas cans. Inside the vehicles they found helmets, fireworks, etc.

Doctors were able to save the arm of the one man shot previously.

His only regret was that he did not kill the shooter.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:01 am
Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am
oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:58 pm
RSX11 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 am
BLM protestors enter a restaurant and begins to taunt and get in the face of a young woman at a restaurant. He wants her to raise her fist and shout Black Lives Matter. She refuses
OK, she wasn't hurt, and that's good. And I don't figure anything like this is ever likely to happen in Texas...and that's good too. But if it happened to me, I'm not sure what the best strategy is. My first thought is to surreptitiously get my hand on my gun (under shirt, IWB) in case it turned physical. But I worry that it would further excite the Communists if this was noticed. What do y'all think is the right response to a situation like this?
Your pistol is the wrong tool. Texas Penal Code 9.31. (b)(1). https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/SOTW ... m/PE.9.htm
(b) The use of force against another is not justified:

(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
Thus, no force would be justified in the situation depicted in the video. Feigned compliance and/or leaving are better choices.

"In case it turns physical," your pistol is still not a good option. While "production of a weapon" as a threat of deadly force can be legal (TPC 9.04) against mere force, what do you do if the threat fails?

Attorney Andrew Branca explains the law of self defense. https://lawofselfdefense.com/beginjourney/
On Thursdays, Branca conducts a Facebook LIVE "News/Q&A." See the page for the time. You can ask questions. https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/
I think I understand your analysis here. To a third party this confrontation can appear to be a verbal provocation alone. I am wondering about the case where a victim stands up and actively seeks to leave the situation? We don't want to get in a fight if we can avoid it. Avoid the situation should be the first priority, correct? If the mob prevents the victim from leaving, that is unlawful restraint and initiation of force is it not? 100-on-1 is a disparate force, is it not? I would not pull a pistol unless I was justified in using it, but depending on the specific circumstances these mobs are creating extremely volatile situations.
When you bring up the 100 to 1 disparity it does make me think. How many will I get before they overwhelm me? The way they have that lady surrounded it appears that pulling a pistol to defend yourself could be futile. I still don't plan to go down without taking a few with me but it is not a situation one can fully expect to survive. I guess it just depends on how many scatter and if any of them close to you jump on you.

It is a very bad situation to find yourself in. Even armed.
Most of those milquetoast millenials would poop their panties at the first boom. The problem tactically is seeing the armed Antifa embeds before they start shooting back.

Complicated decisions.
Last edited by RoyGBiv on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.informationliberation.com/?i ... GNim6tuxBs

Lin Wood agrees to defend Kyle For free after GoFundMe shuts down his legal defense fund.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 18

Post by oljames3 »

Today, in the members only area of Law of Self Defense, attorney Andrew Branca presented a 1.5 hour analysis of the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting. He summarized by stating, in part:
Kyle Rittenhouse’s use of deadly defensive force in killing his attacker in the Parking Lot Confrontation and in killing one attacker and maiming another in the Street Confrontation was collectively, and to a reasonable degree of legal certainty, lawful uses of deadly defensive force, justified self-defense, and not criminal conduct.
On September 3, at 3pm Central, Branca will present a Facebook LIVE "News/Q&A" session at https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/ You can ask questions.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bagman45 »

Well, we've been in a Cold civil war with the Left/Communists for many years. They continue to push for a HOT one, and so NOW, they're getting it. Good on 'em. As tragic as this is, it's time to send the children back to their mommies basements by making it REAL for them. Live rounds will do that....

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:00 pm Today, in the members only area of Law of Self Defense, attorney Andrew Branca presented a 1.5 hour analysis of the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting. He summarized by stating, in part:
Kyle Rittenhouse’s use of deadly defensive force in killing his attacker in the Parking Lot Confrontation and in killing one attacker and maiming another in the Street Confrontation was collectively, and to a reasonable degree of legal certainty, lawful uses of deadly defensive force, justified self-defense, and not criminal conduct.
On September 3, at 3pm Central, Branca will present a Facebook LIVE "News/Q&A" session at https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/ You can ask questions.
Exactly how it should be. If Kyle is guilty of criminal conduct then all of us will no longer be allowed to defend ourselves when attacked by the mob. Calling themselves BLM/Antifa does not give them immunity. Regardless of what some of the leftist mayors and governors are saying.

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

1 on 1 they're nothing. They are only tough when there's 15 of them. Bunch of hind sucking scumbags. They say I have my gang of 15 whatcha gonna do? I say, I brought my gang of 16, you just can't see them. Now the question is, whatcha YOU gonna do? :cheers2:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 am 1 on 1 they're nothing. They are only tough when there's 15 of them. Bunch of hind sucking scumbags. They say I have my gang of 15 whatcha gonna do? I say, I brought my gang of 16, you just can't see them. Now the question is, whatcha YOU gonna do? :cheers2:
I prefer to perch somewhere on top with a dark night black stick and smoking a hooka. I am too old for knuckle busting matches.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... house-raw/

Rand Paul and his wife were surrounded by screaming banshee marxists as they left the White House last night. They were saved by the police.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... peech.html

Lots of videos on line of lots of people being surrounded and harassed by mob outside the White House. Secret Service agent got caught out side the fence by himself. Different world now.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:24 am 1 on 1 they're nothing. They are only tough when there's 15 of them. Bunch of hind sucking scumbags. They say I have my gang of 15 whatcha gonna do? I say, I brought my gang of 16, you just can't see them. Now the question is, whatcha YOU gonna do? :cheers2:
My gang of 15, whatcha gonna do about it?
I got 30rds that's two for each of ya, what are you gonna do about it?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3
Posts in topic: 18

Post by oljames3 »

US-Texas-Law-Shield has released videos of webinar sessions on self defense during civil unrest. Here are two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAZUyovHOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcoChkg08bY&t=1s
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Crazy2medic...LOLLLL. :lol::

parabelum
Posts in topic: 55

Post by parabelum »

I looked up the moron with the handgun who got “biceped“, NREMT shows his as paramedic but expired in 2017. Not sure if he is active with WI though (many let their national registry lapse and keep the State current).

Return to “Off-Topic”