Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 55

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by parabelum »

Elderly man defending store during Kenosha riots has jaw broken.
Until they meet resistance these pigs will continue...

https://michaelsavage.com/elderly-man-d ... aw-broken/

chamberc
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chamberc »

He lives less than 15 miles away, which happens to be in another state. Clean shoots... all 3 clearly self-defense.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:58 pm
RSX11 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 am
BLM protestors enter a restaurant and begins to taunt and get in the face of a young woman at a restaurant. He wants her to raise her fist and shout Black Lives Matter. She refuses
OK, she wasn't hurt, and that's good. And I don't figure anything like this is ever likely to happen in Texas...and that's good too. But if it happened to me, I'm not sure what the best strategy is. My first thought is to surreptitiously get my hand on my gun (under shirt, IWB) in case it turned physical. But I worry that it would further excite the Communists if this was noticed. What do y'all think is the right response to a situation like this?
Your pistol is the wrong tool. Texas Penal Code 9.31. (b)(1). https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/SOTW ... m/PE.9.htm
(b) The use of force against another is not justified:

(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
Thus, no force would be justified in the situation depicted in the video. Feigned compliance and/or leaving are better choices.

"In case it turns physical," your pistol is still not a good option. While "production of a weapon" as a threat of deadly force can be legal (TPC 9.04) against mere force, what do you do if the threat fails?

Attorney Andrew Branca explains the law of self defense. https://lawofselfdefense.com/beginjourney/
On Thursdays, Branca conducts a Facebook LIVE "News/Q&A." See the page for the time. You can ask questions. https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/
I think I understand your analysis here. To a third party this confrontation can appear to be a verbal provocation alone. I am wondering about the case where a victim stands up and actively seeks to leave the situation? We don't want to get in a fight if we can avoid it. Avoid the situation should be the first priority, correct? If the mob prevents the victim from leaving, that is unlawful restraint and initiation of force is it not? 100-on-1 is a disparate force, is it not? I would not pull a pistol unless I was justified in using it, but depending on the specific circumstances these mobs are creating extremely volatile situations.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am
BLM protestors enter a restaurant and begins to taunt and get in the face of a young woman at a restaurant. He wants her to raise her fist and shout Black Lives Matter. She refuses
OK, she wasn't hurt, and that's good. And I don't figure anything like this is ever likely to happen in Texas...and that's good too. But if it happened to me, I'm not sure what the best strategy is. My first thought is to surreptitiously get my hand on my gun (under shirt, IWB) in case it turned physical. But I worry that it would further excite the Communists if this was noticed. What do y'all think is the right response to a situation like this?
Your pistol is the wrong tool. Texas Penal Code 9.31. (b)(1). https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/SOTW ... m/PE.9.htm

Thus, no force would be justified in the situation depicted in the video. Feigned compliance and/or leaving are better choices.

"In case it turns physical," your pistol is still not a good option. While "production of a weapon" as a threat of deadly force can be legal (TPC 9.04) against mere force, what do you do if the threat fails?

Attorney Andrew Branca explains the law of self defense. https://lawofselfdefense.com/beginjourney/
On Thursdays, Branca conducts a Facebook LIVE "News/Q&A." See the page for the time. You can ask questions. https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/
I think I understand your analysis here. To a third party this confrontation can appear to be a verbal provocation alone. I am wondering about the case where a victim stands up and actively seeks to leave the situation? We don't want to get in a fight if we can avoid it. Avoid the situation should be the first priority, correct? If the mob prevents the victim from leaving, that is unlawful restraint and initiation of force is it not? 100-on-1 is a disparate force, is it not? I would not pull a pistol unless I was justified in using it, but depending on the specific circumstances these mobs are creating extremely volatile situations.
When you bring up the 100 to 1 disparity it does make me think. How many will I get before they overwhelm me? The way they have that lady surrounded it appears that pulling a pistol to defend yourself could be futile. I still don't plan to go down without taking a few with me but it is not a situation one can fully expect to survive. I guess it just depends on how many scatter and if any of them close to you jump on you.

It is a very bad situation to find yourself in. Even armed.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

chamberc wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 am He lives less than 15 miles away, which happens to be in another state. Clean shoots... all 3 clearly self-defense.
For a 17 yo kid he had pretty good sling (note they tried to snatch it away from him)/rifle/trigger control as well as knowing when/who to shoot at. There was a dude in a video who started to charge on him, kid aims at him but then the dude stops (which likely saved his life) and the kid realizing that he’s no longer threat moves muzzle off of him. I’d say good discipline overall.

03Lightningrocks

parabelum wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:06 am
chamberc wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:08 am He lives less than 15 miles away, which happens to be in another state. Clean shoots... all 3 clearly self-defense.
For a 17 yo kid he had pretty good sling (note they tried to snatch it away from him)/rifle/trigger control as well as knowing when/who to shoot at. There was a dude in a video who started to charge on him, kid aims at him but then the dude stops (which likely saved his life) and the kid realizing that he’s no longer threat moves muzzle off of him. I’d say good discipline overall.
:iagree:

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Killadocg23 »

In MY opinion the kid is stupid and here’s why. 1. He doesn’t even live in the state, city. Prosecutors are going to have a field day with him on that. He crossed state lines with a rifle? Premeditated very much. 2. Why are you going to these protest with your rifle out? I call that “looking for trouble”. He technically ruined his own life by engaging in this stupid behavior. Yeah I get it the cops aren’t doing anything but let’s be realistic.He literallly drove to a place
Where he KNEW there was conflict and was 99% likely to get involved in some mess. He obviously didn’t bring his rifle for a tea party.

And all of you calling him a “patriot” blah blah. How would you feel if your 17 yr old son went across state lines with a rifle to confront people who had literally done “nothing to him before he introduced himself into the conflict”. Would you be like “Ok son have fun”. Or would you be aggravated with him for thinking of doing something so ridiculous.

This kid is toast. He played to much Call of Duty or Rainbow Six Seige.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:01 am
Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am

When you bring up the 100 to 1 disparity it does make me think. How many will I get before they overwhelm me? The way they have that lady surrounded it appears that pulling a pistol to defend yourself could be futile. I still don't plan to go down without taking a few with me but it is not a situation one can fully expect to survive. I guess it just depends on how many scatter and if any of them close to you jump on you.

It is a very bad situation to find yourself in. Even armed.
Indeed. SGT Perry used his vehicle to flee to safety quickly. Kyle Rittenhouse ran and fought the Kenosha mile to get to the safety of the police line. Firearms are not talismans of supernatural protection.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Killadocg23 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 am In MY opinion the kid is stupid and here’s why. 1. He doesn’t even live in the state, city. Prosecutors are going to have a field day with him on that. He crossed state lines with a rifle? Premeditated very much. 2. Why are you going to these protest with your rifle out? I call that “looking for trouble”. He technically ruined his own life by engaging in this stupid behavior. Yeah I get it the cops aren’t doing anything but let’s be realistic.He literallly drove to a place
Where he KNEW there was conflict and was 99% likely to get involved in some mess. He obviously didn’t bring his rifle for a tea party.

And all of you calling him a “patriot” blah blah. How would you feel if your 17 yr old son went across state lines with a rifle to confront people who had literally done “nothing to him before he introduced himself into the conflict”. Would you be like “Ok son have fun”. Or would you be aggravated with him for thinking of doing something so ridiculous.

I get that and it may very well be so but, he lives 15 miles away so it isn’t like he traveled few hrs to get there. To put it into perspective, my work is 35 miles one way. May or may not make a difference alas...what if someone who owns a business solicited his help or asked for armed citizens to protect their business? You’ve seen what the scum has done with Kenosha businesses right? You’ve seen them beating up elderly, right? You’ve seen the police and NG do nothing during this time interval, right? And what if, agreed it is unlikely, the rifle was given to him in Kenosha?
My opinion but the kid had more (can’t say it here) and skill then some....Yes, I’d call him a Patriot with what I know and have seen this far. I’ll leave it there.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

Re: the 100 to 1 ration. So far, the anarchists have quickly scattered when encountering armed resistance. So far.

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... ha-police/

Guy who was shot in Kenosha by police was carrying a fancy curved knife. So reports he was unarmed were incorrect.

In Minneapolis last night rioters looted a Target store because a guy committed suicide with the police nearby.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking ... ease-video

03Lightningrocks

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:58 am Re: the 100 to 1 ration. So far, the anarchists have quickly scattered when encountering armed resistance. So far.
Some very good luck also played a part in the two most obvious instances we know about. Sgt. Perry took a round to his car. That round could have found him. Kyle R. is very fortunate that the fellow with the hand gun did not fir first. Very fortunate that skateboard did not strike one inch to either side and knock him out.I agree, many scattered but a few did not. The instance with the lady looked as if she had zero avenue for escape. The mob appeared to be at least five deep and had her pinned in. At some point the good guy is going to be at the losing end of one of these confrontations. Kyle would be very dead right now had the angel not been on his shoulder.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dave2 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 am In MY opinion the kid is stupid and here’s why. 1. He doesn’t even live in the state, city. Prosecutors are going to have a field day with him on that. He crossed state lines with a rifle? Premeditated very much. 2. Why are you going to these protest with your rifle out? I call that “looking for trouble”. He technically ruined his own life by engaging in this stupid behavior. Yeah I get it the cops aren’t doing anything but let’s be realistic.He literallly drove to a place

I heard that he was there to protect his step dad’s business. Is that report inaccurate?

As a separate issue, assuming that is what happened, I’m not sure I think much of the step dad for bringing his kid into that kind of situation. Maybe they didn’t think things would actually get too dangerous? Dunno. I’m sure it’ll all come up in court, though.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://disrn.com/news/not-the-bee-cnn- ... e-shooting

CNN reports “fiery but mostly peaceful protests”

Not the bee.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-teen-17-accus ... 39447.html

How the unbiased news media treats our young 17 year old hero.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:52 am https://disrn.com/news/not-the-bee-cnn- ... e-shooting

CNN reports “fiery but mostly peaceful protests”

Not the bee.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-teen-17-accus ... 39447.html

How the unbiased news media treats our young 17 year old hero.

“ On Wednesday he was arrested at his mother's home.” So he lives there or was he also staying in Kenosha, 15 miles away? Hmm.

“ A Facebook photo of him was framed with the "Blue Lives Matter" logo - a staunchly pro-police movement that often clashes with Black Lives Matter supporters.

Several of his posts honoured police officers killed on duty, and he also posted pictures of himself wearing full police uniform. He is a former member of a local police cadet programme, Grayslake Police Department says.”

Oh how terrible! :roll: What? He supports police and honored fallen officers with his posts? I am outraged!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”