Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by Paladin »

Wounded Rioter had a pistol in hand when he was shot:

The dead men were also attacking with weapons:

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

jrs_diesel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jrs_diesel »

RSX11 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 am
BLM protestors enter a restaurant and begins to taunt and get in the face of a young woman at a restaurant. He wants her to raise her fist and shout Black Lives Matter. She refuses
OK, she wasn't hurt, and that's good. And I don't figure anything like this is ever likely to happen in Texas...and that's good too. But if it happened to me, I'm not sure what the best strategy is. My first thought is to surreptitiously get my hand on my gun (under shirt, IWB) in case it turned physical. But I worry that it would further excite the Communists if this was noticed. What do y'all think is the right response to a situation like this?
Glad she wasn't hurt either.

I'm not sure what the correct response would be either. Anything other than agreement/submission to the "protestors" would be the wrong answer to them.

A normal response to being assaulted would be to meet force with force, but I would think that if someone did that against "protestors", that person would get run through the wringer like the McCloskeys did.
J.R.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

As far as what to do in a face-to-face confrontation, Craig Douglas worked that stuff out years ago:

Practical Unarmed Combat

Review

The DVD is excellent, but you really need to practice this stuff with a partner.

If you are in a situation like Kenosha, you'll almost certainly want to be at an elevated position so you don't get swarmed.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum
Posts in topic: 55

Post by parabelum »

Most of these thugs don’t get that many of us have had years of training, military and/or otherwise. And we are getting a bit fed up.
I didn’t come here having to engage in one civil war in Bosnia to be either bullied or told to “raise my fist” by some 19yo punks. No sir.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

That mess in Kenosha highlights the term "violent anarchism". They're all mixed together, and they're all acting like violent idiots. Terms like team work, concealment, cover, high ground, none of that seems to be known to any of them. No real signs of organization, thankfully, other than the most loose thought about their goals of destruction and mayhem. Hopefully they never do figure any of that out, and that is why now is the time to get that under control. Unfortunately, the governor of Wisconsin is a leftist who openly condones and encourages the anarchism and violence.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

parabelum wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 am Most of these thugs don’t get that many of us have had years of training, military and/or otherwise. And we are getting a bit fed up.
I didn’t come here having to engage in one civil war in Bosnia to be either bullied or told to “raise my fist” by some 19yo punks. No sir.
:iagree:
Nor did I serve in the Cold War against communists just to yield to them in our streets today.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:18 am That mess in Kenosha highlights the term "violent anarchism". They're all mixed together, and they're all acting like violent idiots. Terms like team work, concealment, cover, high ground, none of that seems to be known to any of them. No real signs of organization, thankfully, other than the most loose thought about their goals of destruction and mayhem. Hopefully they never do figure any of that out, and that is why now is the time to get that under control. Unfortunately, the governor of Wisconsin is a leftist who openly condones and encourages the anarchism and violence.
And the do-nothing government is blaming "self-styled militias" made up of citizens who want nothing more than peace in their homes and their businesses not to be destroyed.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:46 amGraphic breakdown of various videos confirm these 3 shootings were all good shoots:
That was my tentative conclusion also. The media were calling them "armed private militias" and saying they were guarding against arson again. I translated that to be a bunch of citizens who said we have had enough.

At least one of the shootings was clearly self-defense. The citizen with the rifle had been attacked by a mob and taken to the ground. One of the rioters hit him in the head with a skateboard. He opened fire and hit the attacker in the chest. I am confident that this was justified. The guy shot in the arm was clearly carrying a pistol. He was wearing a hat claiming he was a paramedic. When he rushed up on the guy with the rifle, I don't know if his intent was to shoot him or provide medical attention, but I never heard of paramedics running anywhere with guns drawn.
Steve Rothstein

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

So the protestors are on social media and are upset about the favoritism that was shown by the police.

They are saying the police herded them to the “armed gas station protectors”. And told them they could shoot away, because we can’t.

I’m sure this is not true, but it sure sounds awesome.

There is a fun meme that I can’t post that shows the wounded protestor and says of the wounded protestor that’s pictured with a hand gun above this post or two.

It says “right to bare arm”
Attachments
35758154-2B84-45DA-9A5A-9D14EDE3123E.jpeg

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:55 am So the protestors are on social media and are upset about the favoritism that was shown by the police.

They are saying the police herded them to the “armed gas station protectors”. And told them they could shoot away, because we can’t.

I’m sure this is not true, but it sure sounds awesome.

There is a fun meme that I can’t post that shows the wounded protestor and says of the wounded protestor that’s pictured with a hand gun above this post or two.

It says “right to bare arm”
That dude Curtis looks like a perv. They keep on pushing...

All we the law obeying citizens want is for the commies to leave us and our families and our Country alone. Let us work our butts off, pay taxes, enjoy a nice barbecue and have fun at the range. Oh, and don’t mess with our Sunday’s and Wednesday church. Now, if you punks keep on pushing we will push back.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rifleman was 17 yo.

Watch before it’s taken down by YouTube for violence. Caution.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/A1Lo3yQWtQNarjwADmKuVaw

This is saying the 17 year old has been arrested.

He is not from Kenosha or WI.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm https://apple.news/A1Lo3yQWtQNarjwADmKuVaw

Yea, Antioch IL I think is where he’s from. He shoots after he’s thrown to the ground and swarmed by rioters. That’s what I saw in videos available right now.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

srothstein wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:45 am
Paladin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:46 amGraphic breakdown of various videos confirm these 3 shootings were all good shoots:
That was my tentative conclusion also. The media were calling them "armed private militias" and saying they were guarding against arson again. I translated that to be a bunch of citizens who said we have had enough.

At least one of the shootings was clearly self-defense. The citizen with the rifle had been attacked by a mob and taken to the ground. One of the rioters hit him in the head with a skateboard. He opened fire and hit the attacker in the chest. I am confident that this was justified. The guy shot in the arm was clearly carrying a pistol. He was wearing a hat claiming he was a paramedic. When he rushed up on the guy with the rifle, I don't know if his intent was to shoot him or provide medical attention, but I never heard of paramedics running anywhere with guns drawn.
When I was in the Army I was taught that non-combatants such as Medics could choose to either wear a Red Cross / Red Crescent, declaring them off limits to attack, or they could be armed. The pistol in his hand negates any benefit he might otherwise get from having a hat proclaiming him to be a medic, IMHO.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

parabelum wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm https://apple.news/A1Lo3yQWtQNarjwADmKuVaw

Yea, Antioch IL I think is where he’s from. He shoots after he’s thrown to the ground and swarmed by rioters. That’s what I saw in videos available right now.
It will be interesting to find out whether he was asked by the business owner to help protect their property. Given the widely publicized arson attacks in that area during the last couple days, I think it is very reasonable for a business owner to assume that they will not get sufficient protection from the police.

Regardless, it appears from the video that both shootings were justified, since he was only fired after he was under direct attack and in reasonable fear for his life both times. First while being chased by a man who was trying to throw a Molatov coctail at him, then after being knocked to the ground by a violent mob.

But if he was there at the request of the property owner, that would undercut any prosecution assertion that he was "just looking for trouble". IANAL.

As an aside, this is what happens when government fails to protect the inalienable rights of it's citizens, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The citizens will step into the void and protect those rights themselves. And we should all begin to question why we continue to have a government that is not fulfilling the reason it was created in the first place (per the Declaration of Independence and also Locke's 3rd Treatise on Government), which is the very protection of those rights.

Return to “Off-Topic”