New knife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DocV
Posts in topic: 4

Re: New knife

Post by DocV »

AndyC wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:17 pm
DocV wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Wiped up the blood and picked up my index finger. :biggrinjester:
Doc, what model did you get?
Mine is an EGKH 5" Blade Panawal Angkhola Kitchen Kukri. A very nice blade that I ordered from Amazon

DocV
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DocV »

I am looking forward to trying it at a steak house. For now, no apple is safe.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

Andy, I know you're aware of the rich history of the Khukuri and those Ghurkas who wielded it. My father who was in the CBI theater in WWII told me what fierce warriors they were and how Japanese soldiers feared them. Here's an example of why: Lachhiman Gurung
This is how the story goes. He was fighting in Burma (present day Myanmar) on behalf of the British Empire. He and a bunch of soldiers were a bit away from the main camp inside a trench. They were caught with surprise when Japanese troops opened up on him and his men and lobbed some grenades into their trench. Gurung picked up two of the grenades and threw them back to the 200 Japanese soldiers waiting in the darkness.

The third grenade however, blew up in his own hand ripping a few fingers. He lost most of his right hand and taking shrapnel in his face and leg. Partially blind, bleeding profusely, and struggling to move, Gurung did something only a Gurkha would do: he pulled his Khukuri(it is called a khukuri) with his good hand, stabbed the ground, and told the Japanese in a booming voice that none of them would make it past that khukuri.

He then picked up his rifle — a bolt-action Lee-Enfield Mk. III — chambered a round, and invited the enemy to “come fight a Gurkha.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachhiman_Gurung
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”