New knife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

strogg
Posts in topic: 7

Re: New knife

Post by strogg »

parabelum wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:13 am Nice piece of steel, reading from Amazon looks like the blade is made from spring steel of cars :shock: :biggrinjester:

May be an ignorant question, but let’s say that a friend wanted to see where he could carry this beast under the the carry laws in TX, what would you advise? :lol::
IANAL... But since the knife blade is > 5.5", it is a location restricted knife, which means it carries the same location restrictions as your sidearm.
30.06 and 30.07 do not apply, though, as that only refers to firearms.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

strogg wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 am
parabelum wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:13 am Nice piece of steel, reading from Amazon looks like the blade is made from spring steel of cars :shock: :biggrinjester:

May be an ignorant question, but let’s say that a friend wanted to see where he could carry this beast under the the carry laws in TX, what would you advise? :lol::
IANAL... But since the knife blade is > 5.5", it is a location restricted knife, which means it carries the same location restrictions as your sidearm.
30.06 and 30.07 do not apply, though, as that only refers to firearms.
Sweet! I just did some browsing on the link below and looks like good info I’ll keep in mind. I mean...for a friend that is...

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/texas/

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Another very beautiful blade steeped in history!

Is the blade finish traditional blueing or something else?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I ordered the one linked below, just because the handle seems like it would be less slippery. Should be a good addition for hiking.
And I’m sorry, I think I grabbed last one in stock. :mrgreen:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yes Sir! Arrived today. Razor sharp!
Attachments
EC49A83F-1D9D-4398-8D7A-74EB0C1A4B24.jpeg

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thanks! And for the price, it is built very well and it is surprisingly light considering the blade thickness and length. Just the scabbard alone would be almost worth at least $60 or so.
Appreciate you bringing these up to the forum for us knife aficionados! :cheers2:

DocV
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DocV »

Enablers. I ordered a smaller one direct from Kathmandu. I hope y'all are proud of yourselves. Pictures when it arrives.

strogg

Post by strogg »

DocV wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:21 pm Enablers. I ordered a smaller one direct from Kathmandu. I hope y'all are proud of yourselves. Pictures when it arrives.
Hopefully it takes a long time for yours to arrive. That way, you can fill the void by buying other knives before it arrives. It'll make me feel better if I'm not the only one doing that. :evil2:

DocV

Post by DocV »

Wiped up the blood and picked up my index finger. :biggrinjester:

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

My BSI#2 is supposed to be here next monday.

strogg

Post by strogg »

Look what got delivered today! The quality is fantastic. It was really worth the wait.

Return to “Off-Topic”