Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Post by parabelum »

“ Abbott also gave mayors and county authorities the ability to ban outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people.”

Of course, that will not apply to Antifa thugs etc. :rules:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Do I believe this thing is real, maybe. Do I think it’s as bad as msm makes it out to be, not by a long shot.
However, my wife has COPD and on oxygen. Her doc told her to stay home, but if she has to go out, wear an N95 mask which he supplied several. So out of my love for her, I am being cautious and wearing a mask when out.
To be even more cautious, I require my employees to wear masks when working in occupied homes or businesses. I don’t want the possibility of them catching it either.
Am I paranoid, no. Just as with carrying a gun, just trying to be prepared and protect my family
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Time for a new governor.
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

Humorous note, yesterday while wearing a mask for SAHARAN DUST, I was spraying alcohol & dish detergent mix on Mealybugs & Aphids on some plants, the wind took spray into my eye. I should have been wearing a face shield

Suggestion:
Don't be trusting the ill-informed News media. Read the order they didn't read.
I wrote to my local paper correcting them already because people should read the actual order not trust the media because:

There is no "MASK" order
There is an order regarding "Face Coverings which cover nose and mouth"
Please don't spread the misinformation that people are required to wear a "MASK"

face covering that covers nose and mouth (can be clear "face shield")

order: face covering

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/or ... 2-2020.pdf

order reducing crowds gatherings from 100 to 10

https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/or ... 2-2020.pdf

COVID-19 Protection: Face Shields Better Option Than Protective Masks To Ward Off SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Transmissions

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/c ... nsmissions

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to recommend wearing cloth face coverings in public settings, but are clear plastic face shields, most frequently used in health care settings, a better option? Here's what you need to know.

Experts Say Face Shields Better Than Masks for Coronavirus Protection
https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-liv ... 3432276850

1) Dr Joseph Fair caught it through his moist eyeballs while using sanitizer/masks/ etc etc because wet/moist eyes are like flypaper and
2) people complained they cannot (or will not) wear masks due to not wanting to re-breathe their own air instead of someone else's exhaust]
3) Masks are not the requirement, ... Face coverings that cover nose, mouth are (and a face shield is cooler in hot weather than goggles or many masks)

ELB

Post by ELB »

Mask Wars - While face masks can’t hurt in the fight against Covid-19, the outrage directed against skeptics is excessive
Chris von Csefalvay is an epidemiologist specializing in bat-borne viruses. He is currently VP of Special Projects at Starschema.

...masks have become a face-borne signal of righteousness. As a virologist, I find this perplexing, considering the limited evidence in favor of masks.
More than anything, the scientific rationale behind masks appears to be that wearing them does little harm.

Understanding of the mask issue has been considerably clouded by unreliable and badly presented evidence—especially a paper by Renyi Zhang for the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, contributed to PNAS by Mario Molina, who won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for the discovery of the effect of chlorofluorocarbons on the ozone layer. Molina and Zhang are atmospheric scientists with no background in epidemiology, virology, or the propagation of infectious diseases. Within the wider epidemiological community, their paper, which makes wild assertions about the effectiveness of masks while almost completely discounting the effect of other non-pharmacological interventions—and does so based on an unfounded comparison of Wuhan, Italy, and the United States—has drawn largely critical responses, with several noted epidemiologists calling for PNAS to withdraw it.
Here is the letter calling for retraction of the Zhang paper. It is quite a read.

https://metrics.stanford.edu/sites/g/fi ... 820_v3.pdf
USAF 1982-2005

flechero

Post by flechero »

Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply to the following.....
So it's only required if you don't distance?

strogg

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:18 am I don't care what he orders - I'll do what *I* think is sensible.
Same. As a person who has to deal with asthma on a daily basis, I will do what is best for me and others around me. I am not a monster. I am an adult who can make adult decisions in the confines of legislative and constitutional law.

The governor definitely overstepped his bounds with this move. It's one thing if it's a single executive order in the beginning. But this has turned into several months worth of executive order after executive order with no real oversight from the supreme court or legislature. This is no longer a constitutional democracy, but a full on monarchy all in the name of "public safety"

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

slowpoke wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am Time for a new governor.
So, we should what, elect a Democrat to "send a message"? Vote for the Libertarian to "send a message", thereby enabling the lock-step Democrat voters to elect their candidate? Or sit this one out to "send a message", thereby enabling the lock-step Democrat voters to elect their candidate? Do you really WANT Texas to be California East? And please, don't tell me that Abbott is as bad as Governor Nuisance (Newsom) of California, either, no matter how this mask order might irritate many folks. Abbott isn't in the same realm of horrible as ol' Gavin, not by a long shot.

EDITED TO ADD:

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 73397.html

That is a link to an article in the Sacramento Bee. It states that Gavin Newsom ordered there to be no singing or recitations in churches. Just one example of the type of person the Democrat Party would LOVE to put into the Office of Governor here in Texas.

And then there is Governor Newsom's anti-2A, anti-self-defense, anti-firearm ideological stance, as well, since this forum is primarily about those topics.

If it's Abbott, or a Democrat, I'm voting Abbott...and then looking at whoever may challenge him in the primary next time, if he runs again.

strogg

Post by strogg »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm
slowpoke wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:57 am Time for a new governor.
So, we should what, elect a Democrat to "send a message"? Vote for the Libertarian to "send a message", thereby enabling the lock-step Democrat voters to elect their candidate? Or sit this one out to "send a message", thereby enabling the lock-step Democrat voters to elect their candidate? Do you really WANT Texas to be California East? And please, don't tell me that Abbott is as bad as Governor Nuisance (Newsom) of California, either, no matter how this mask order might irritate many folks. Abbott isn't in the same realm of horrible as ol' Gavin, not by a long shot.

EDITED TO ADD:

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus ... 73397.html

That is a link to an article in the Sacramento Bee. It states that Gavin Newsom ordered there to be no singing or recitations in churches. Just one example of the type of person the Democrat Party would LOVE to put into the Office of Governor here in Texas.

And then there is Governor Newsom's anti-2A, anti-self-defense, anti-firearm ideological stance, as well, since this forum is primarily about those topics.

If it's Abbott, or a Democrat, I'm voting Abbott...and then looking at whoever may challenge him in the primary next time, if he runs again.
:iagree:

I'm replying mainly to drive the point about the primary elections home. The primaries are just as important, if not more important than the generals. In the primaries, you vote for the best candidate. In the generals, you vote for the least evil candidate.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

While I don’t like what I’m seeing, my personal response will be to reach out to his office and politely state that while I still support Governor because he has done many great things, this decision is not what I would have expected and ask that the Governor reconsiders this. I will support him nonetheless as I believe he’s done quite a number of great things in Texas and has been a great supporter of our 2A Rights.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

There are several major problems with the masks. Number one the homemade masks that most are wearing do not prevent anything from entering or exiting the mask. Yes, it does absolutely nothing, in fact it actually traps toxins and pathogens that your body is expending through the air leaving your system. Number two, the surgical masks are for use in a sterile environment. They do very very little in the service of preventing transmission. They are mostly used to keep a doctor from sneezing, coughing, etc. on a patient in a sterile operating room. The N95 3m masks do provide one level of transmission prevention.. for 30 minutes of use after being removed from sterile packaging. They also are completely ineffective if not fitted to your face- which most are not.. at all.
Lastly, this virus will never go away. It is a virus that is here to stay and will continue to mutate, JUST LIKE OTHER VIRUSES. How long are we going to continue these unsustainable practices, and inconvenience the world, not to mention bankrupt the country, over something that is not going away? Not only is it not going away, it likely will continue to mutate. Making any kind of treatment for this strain, could be completely ineffective against next years strain. Everyone is going to come into contact with the virus at some point. It’s inevitable with a virus like this. The good thing is that, generally healthy folks without underlying conditions recover, and actually don’t really get sick at all. Yes, there are exceptions but over 99% recover.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Borrowed:
It's just a mask?
It's just two weeks.
It's just non-essential businesses.
It's just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.
It's just until cases go down more.
It's just to keep others from being scared.
It's just for a few more weeks.
It's just communion or singing. You can still meet.
It's just until we get a vaccine.
It's just a few side effects.
It's just a bracelet.
It's just to let people know you're safe to be around.
It's just for the coronavirus vaccine.
It's just an app.
It's just to let others know who you've been in contact with.
It's just a few more months.
It’s just a video.
It’s just an email account.
It's just for protecting others from hate speech.
It's just a few people.
It's just a credit card company. You can use cash.
It's just a few places that don't take cash.
It's just a little chip.
It’s just for medical information and paying for things.
It’s just so you can travel.
It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.
It’s just so you can vote.
It's just for a few more years.
It's just a statue.
It's just a building.
It's just a song.
It’s just a piece of paper.
It's just a flag.
It's just a piece of cloth.
It's not just a piece of cloth.
It's not just a mask.
#boilingthefrog

Return to “Off-Topic”