MSM new latest push - cannibalism - not such a bad thing.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MSM new latest push - cannibalism - not such a bad thing.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 pm If I were stuck out on a raft in the middle of the ocean and one of my ship mates died on day 65, I might have to consider it. :mrgreen:
My memory of the Andes football team plane crash, they were very careful, and deliberate. They only ate people no one knew or was related to.
:tiphat:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jago668 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:12 pm
dave_in_austin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm No not forget that symbolic cannibalism is a long-practiced Christian tradition. It is not taboo in all contexts for our culture.
Explain yourself please about Christian cannibalism.
I'm going to assume referencing communion.
I want the poster to explain exactly what they are saying so the poster can be provided correct information.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

I would make a crack about Burger King's new all-vegetable people-burger made from cage free gun-grabbers, but it turns out I have some sense of decency.

Unfortunately, my moment of recognizing inner propriety came when I misread a section heading in that original post's linked article. I saw "Categorical disgust," but initially read it as "Calorical disgust."

On another subject, do any in this rare company have any Grey Poupon? I'm asking for a friend...

dave_in_austin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dave_in_austin »

dave_in_austin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm Do not forget that symbolic cannibalism is a long-practiced Christian tradition. It is not taboo in all contexts for our culture.
There are those Christians who hold that the communion wafer becomes the actual flesh of Christ as it is consumed. I guess that for them the cannibalism more than symbolic. For other Christians, the wafer is only symbolic of the flesh of Christ and they participate in symbolic cannibalism.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

dave_in_austin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 pm
dave_in_austin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm Do not forget that symbolic cannibalism is a long-practiced Christian tradition. It is not taboo in all contexts for our culture.
There are those Christians who hold that the communion wafer becomes the actual flesh of Christ as it is consumed. I guess that for them the cannibalism more than symbolic. For other Christians, the wafer is only symbolic of the flesh of Christ and they participate in symbolic cannibalism.
PM sent.

Thank you for your reply.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”