Traveling to South Padre, what about CBP

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sotxrdr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Traveling to South Padre, what about CBP

Post by sotxrdr »

As you travel on US-77 (aka I-69E) past the Corpus Christi area, be aware that some of the local government entities, e.g., Driscoll PD, Kleberg County SO, Kingsville PD, have a reputation for extreme vigilance to your compliance with speed limits.

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 2

Post by J.R.@A&M »

They are mainly interested in illegal drugs and illegal immigrants. I got pulled over (after being tailed for miles) on a Webb County background. The reason was that I was driving a Dodge caravan to the deer lease. Once they determined my van was not full of drugs or immigrants, they showed no interest in the handguns and deer rifles that it was carrying.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

I live in Pharr U S Hwy 281 is the road I take to get out of the Valley 8 or more times a year.
At the CBP check point 20 miles south of Falfurrias as you get there the BIG sign shows you How much tonnage of drugs they have seized. I dont recall if it also states how many illegals they have taken in.

so all you guys who think you are being harassed look at the sign .

The law is there for a reason. :tiphat:
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

recently traveled through BP checkpoint on I10 in West Texas. We had a loaded AK47 on the back seat and 2 1911s in our laps as we were driving through at 1 am. The agent literally looked int he back seat, asked if we were citizens and waved us through.

Return to “Off-Topic”