Need some input on this

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 2

Need some input on this

Post by Kenneth77 »

So me and the wife took our daughter to the old settlers reunion in Alvarado last night and before parking I saw an 07 sign that was proper size and all but had a ghost buster on it also. I was ok with no OC so I just pulled my shirt down and we went in , we walked around the whole thing before coming to the ticket booth and seeing 06 and 07 signs and this was well past the entrance with no other sings post other than the one at the front so my question is was I in the wrong ? I am almost certain that the land it is on is city owned but not sure how to check that
leeproductsonline.com

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need some input on this

Post by jmorris »

As long as the wording meets all the requirements it doesn't matter what else is on the sign. Law only says what must be there, not what can't be.

Many county assessors now have web sites where you can find the owner's of properties. Otherwise try calling them with the address.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Per the Johnson County Central Appraisal District for the address shown on their flyer, it is owned by the Johnson County Old Settlers Association in which case it is privately owned

http://search.johnson.manatron.com/deta ... 5523.98987
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I haven't been in a couple of years, but they weren't posted at all the last time I went. I wouldn't sweat it too much, if they did't properly post at the main entrance, then how can they expect you to know? I will get in touch with the Old Settlers Association, I know several members there, and see if they posted it, or if it was the rides contractor.
The reunion used to be a week long event and they have shortened it to just 4 days now. If I get any information, I will pass it along. The members that I know are not anti 2A, and so my best guess is, since the signage was on a ticket booth, that the rides contractor is responsible for the signage.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kenneth77 »

Jusme wrote:I haven't been in a couple of years, but they weren't posted at all the last time I went. I wouldn't sweat it too much, if they did't properly post at the main entrance, then how can they expect you to know? I will get in touch with the Old Settlers Association, I know several members there, and see if they posted it, or if it was the rides contractor.
The reunion used to be a week long event and they have shortened it to just 4 days now. If I get any information, I will pass it along. The members that I know are not anti 2A, and so my best guess is, since the signage was on a ticket booth, that the rides contractor is responsible for the signage.
I know some too and was going to ask , i suspect that it is the people that run the rides and games but let me know what you find out not that i ever plan on going back .
leeproductsonline.com

Return to “Off-Topic”