BOUNTY HUNTERS

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

BOUNTY HUNTERS

Post by WTR »

I had a fried called this morning asking if bounty hunters could ignore no trespassing signs. He was awakened early this morning by a pounding on his door. These people were demeaning to search his home, back yard and insinuated they would kill his dogs if need be. Someone must have given out his address falsely, as he has never heard of or seen this fugitive. He is legally posted. I called the Sheriff's, but they were of no help. The BHs are actually luck they didn't cross this guy anymore than they did. He is ready for bear.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Re: BOUNTY HUNTERS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:I had a fried called this morning asking if bounty hunters could ignore no trespassing signs. He was awakened early this morning by a pounding on his door. These people were demeaning to search his home, back yard and insinuated they would kill his dogs if need be. Someone must have given out his address falsely, as he has never heard of or seen this fugitive. He is legally posted. I called the Sheriff's, but they were of no help. The BHs are actually luck they didn't cross this guy anymore than they did. He is ready for bear.
I don't see anything in PC 30.05 (criminal trespass) that exempts Bounty Hunters or Bail Enforcement Agents, or whatever they're calling themselves these days. One possible exception might be on the property of the bail jumper. I'm sure that the in the bond contract the "bailee" grants the bond company the right to enter his property. Doesn't seem like this was the case for your friend. BH's probably lucky they didn't get shot! I'm confused why the sheriff wouldn't help though. :???:
---
[defense to prosecution]
(3) a person who was:
(A) employed by or acting as agent for an entity that had, or that the person
reasonably believed had, effective consent or authorization provided by law
to enter the property; and
(B) performing a duty within the scope of that employment or agency.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gljjt »

I would guess the sheriff couldn't help because they were gone by then

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I called the Sheriff's office after the fact, only to ask what a bail enforcers rights are.......the sheriff's office did not know .My friend says they were very aggressive. I'm just glad they did not try to shoot one of his babies (dogs) He would have started and ended WWIII.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Next time tell your friend to not open the door for someone they don't know. Call the police and have them contact the bounty hunters.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

nightmare69 wrote:Next time tell your friend to not open the door for someone they don't know. Call the police and have them contact the bounty hunters.
He spoke to them thru a locked (heavy security type screen) door. Good advice,However, as we both live in the country and it has always taken the Deputies about an hour to respond to what they consider a " non emergency" call. Just wondering if the no tresoass signs would apply to the bail enforcers......... but thanks.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

Aint nobody gonna come on my property and tell me what to do . Gather up the dogs and fort up . Call the law .

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

chuck j wrote:Aint nobody gonna come on my property and tell me what to do . Gather up the dogs and fort up . Call the law .
:iagree: :iagree:

tlt

Post by tlt »

Where's it happen?
Proof of Bounty Hunters claims, or ID?
License Plate #'s
file a compliant for trespass and threats if they threatened him.

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I wasn't there, so I have no idea what was offered in the way of ID. He was just wondering if they legally could ignore a no trespassing sign. According to him, they definitely insinuate they have all sorts of rights. Probably they were just trying to i intimidate him.....they chose the wrong retired jar head.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

Aint got time for that , do whats right in your own mind .

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by EEllis »

No they can't ignore a no trespass sign but generally speaking, sign or not, going up and knocking at a door is not tresspassing. If it's ok for the mail carrier, UPS, or Fed EX to walk up then anyone can. When someone gets bonded out they do give up some right but that only goes for their rights. No one else's.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockster »

EEllis wrote:No they can't ignore a no trespass sign but generally speaking, sign or not, going up and knocking at a door is not tresspassing. If it's ok for the mail carrier, UPS, or Fed EX to walk up then anyone can. When someone gets bonded out they do give up some right but that only goes for their rights. No one else's.
I disagree - commercial carriers or USPS in delivering your packages or mail have been given by you at least implicit permission to do so. The same for a utility services meter reader as you would have authorized that as a term of services. As for someone else trespassing by coming to your door, I think that depends upon where you have it posted. If you have a fence around your yard and a gate, and it is posted, then passing that point I believe would be trespass as your property is not open to the public. If it is just the door posted, then I believe that it is at that point that the potential for trespass begins. So I think that it depends upon where and how the notice is given, and here the OP didn't say where the signs were or the other conditions.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

He did his research. He posted per the laws of Texas. At all gates and every 50' if I remember correctly. They even opened a marked gate to get in.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockster »

WTR wrote:He did his research. He posted per the laws of Texas. At all gates and every 50' if I remember correctly. They even opened a marked gate to get in.
Sure sounds like trespass to me. And did they do that with weapons?
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Return to “Off-Topic”