Online Renewal

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Online Renewal

Post by MaduroBU »

When I log in to the DPS LTC website (this works fine), I only get the options to apply as an instructor, change my address, or report my card missing. My LTC expires in November, so judging by other posts on here I don't think that I'm early. The DPS FAQ renewal link just takes me back to the same login page. I've changed my address more than once and that worked fine, but for the life of me I cannot find the simple renewal link. I don't want to put this off and then remember it in November, so any help is greatly appreciated.

txhighlander

Re: Online Renewal

Post by txhighlander »

They will give you access exactly 6 months before expiration. Just did mine it now says mailed. It took about 3 weeks if I am remembering correctly. It did not give me the option till the 6 months before mark.
Truth against the world

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

If your license expires on November 30th, you cannot renew until May 30th.
DPS is good about mailing you a letter when you can renew. I got mine via USPS about a week after my eligible date.
Renewal took about 35 days or so.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Mine expires 11/22 but still no option online. I'll look again on Tuesday or Wednesday. They probably have to send an operator to the basement to run a batch of punch cards.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”