Viral signage advertising

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Viral signage advertising

Post by Ruark »

The sign marketers are going full blast with email spam and Google ad tracking. I made the mistake of visiting nocarrysigns.com, and now I'm constantly being hit with their banner ads. For example, I browsed through a Las Vegas news site (I have some family around there) and there it was. No wonder new signage is popping up all over the place. "Is your business ready?"
-Ruark

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Viral signage advertising

Post by TVGuy »

Ruark wrote:The sign marketers are going full blast with email spam and Google ad tracking. I made the mistake of visiting nocarrysigns.com, and now I'm constantly being hit with their banner ads. For example, I browsed through a Las Vegas news site (I have some family around there) and there it was. No wonder new signage is popping up all over the place. "Is your business ready?"
I am, but it's a simple retargeting campaign. Unless you went to their website, you're not going to see their ads around anywhere else.

If you don't want to see it, clear your cookies. If you want to waste their advertising money, don't.

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

Private or incognito browsing is your friend. You can also install ad blocking plugins.
Yes, I'm aware of all that, but many people aren't. I'll just erase the cookies. My point is just to give an example of how far the marketing is going.
-Ruark

fasteddie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fasteddie »

koine2002 wrote:You can also install ad blocking plugins.
Ad blocker for the win. I don't know when the last time I saw an ad was.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”