State Park and Army Corp of Engineer

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
garand308
Posts in topic: 2

State Park and Army Corp of Engineer

Post by garand308 »

I am planning on taking a trip to Eisehower State Park (Texoma) and was confused on whether or not CHL was allowed. I am going to be camping and fishing IN the park, I won't be taking a boat out on the water. I know that CHL is usually allowed in a state park but I also know that the USCOE controls the lake. If I am staying on shore in the park is CHL okay or is it off limits because the park is on the lake?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Keith B

Re: State Park and Army Corp of Engineer

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

Corps of Engineers land extends up on the shoreline on their lakes. The CoE shoreline management plan defines what can be done on the shoreline that is CoE land. Maps are available showing how much land is CoE.

In the case of Eisenhower State park, the land belongs to CoE, but the Texas State Park Service manages the park itself. I have attached a zoomed in section of the map from the CoE shoreline map available here http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/Portals/4 ... p_maps.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; showing the area that is a CoE recreation area

Bottom line, that park is off limits for concealed carry as it is officially on CoE land. Most parks and campgrounds on CoE lakes will be prohibited.
Attachments
ESP.jpg
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
garand308

Post by garand308 »

Thanks for the reply and map. Unfortunately, you confirmed what I was thinking.

cultzombie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cultzombie »

Am I premature in thinking that Morris vs. US Army Corps of Engineers has some bearing on this?

Reference: http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/case ... -engineers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-CZ

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

cultzombie wrote:Am I premature in thinking that Morris vs. US Army Corps of Engineers has some bearing on this?

Reference: http://www.mountainstateslegal.org/case ... -engineers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-CZ
It may eventually. Still pending.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

hopefully that case will open up this land for cc. it's completely ridiculous that you can have a shotgun and duck hunt but you can't cc a pistol..... really? :banghead:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

GlockDude26 wrote:hopefully that case will open up this land for cc. it's completely ridiculous that you can have a shotgun and duck hunt but you can't cc a pistol..... really? :banghead:
CofE are notorious infringers.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TBJK

Post by TBJK »

I pulled this from the case. Does it not mean that they can not ban firearms until the final ruling is made?

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the motion for preliminary injunction (docket no. 4) is GRANTED. The Corps is enjoined from enforcing 36 C.F.R. § 327.13 as to law-abiding individuals possessing functional firearms on Corps-administered public lands for the purpose of self-defense. This preliminary injunction shall remain in force until further notice of the Court.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that counsel shall contact the Court’s Clerk (jamie_gearhart@id.uscourts.gov) to set up a telephone status conference to determine how this case should proceed.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

TBJK wrote:I pulled this from the case. Does it not mean that they can not ban firearms until the final ruling is made?

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that the motion for preliminary injunction (docket no. 4) is GRANTED. The Corps is enjoined from enforcing 36 C.F.R. § 327.13 as to law-abiding individuals possessing functional firearms on Corps-administered public lands for the purpose of self-defense. This preliminary injunction shall remain in force until further notice of the Court.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, that counsel shall contact the Court’s Clerk (jamie_gearhart@id.uscourts.gov) to set up a telephone status conference to determine how this case should proceed.
No.
http://www.nraila.org/legal/articles/20 ... n-ban.aspx
It should be noted that Chief Judge Winmill issued only a preliminary injunction, so the Corps will have the opportunity for a full evidentiary hearing or trial on the merits to get the court to lift the injunction.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”