gun show at reliant

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bevans
Posts in topic: 6

gun show at reliant

Post by bevans »

Isnt there a gun show at reliant Jan20 and 21 and is anybody going. I also assume that carrying is off limits at said show. I havent been to a show in years ,is this a good show ? Looking for another holster for my Kimber and maybe a good deal !

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: gun show at reliant

Post by Skiprr »

bevans wrote:Isnt there a gun show at reliant Jan20 and 21 and is anybody going. I also assume that carrying is off limits at said show. I havent been to a show in years...
I have my calendar marked, and am planning on going Saturday. So I sure hope you're correct that there is a show. I haven't been to a show in a while, either, so can't comment on the good or not good part. :smile:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
bevans

Post by bevans »

Last show I went to was in the Astrohall so cant say how this one will be.
I have heard that carrying is forbidden by the show producer but if anybody knows different please post.

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

The last time I went to this show I thought it was fairly good.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

I would go to the Reliant show as it's so expensive. $10 parking plus $8 admission. I always go to the G R Brown show. It's closer and cheaper, $7 and free parking. The Pasadena show has become literally a beef jerky show with only 2 booths have guns.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
bevans

Post by bevans »

Were you able to carry st show or was it posted

CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

The Reliant show will be posted 30.06
"An armed society is a polite society"

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Stupid wrote:I always go to the G R Brown show. It's closer and cheaper, $7 and free parking.
I sure need to find out where you're parking.

They've torn up all the parking lots directly across from GRB to make a 12 acre park. All of the other parking lots within reasonable walking distance jacked their fees from $7 to $10 to take advantage.

I walked 6 blocks at the last show to ONLY pay $6!
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

rgoldy

Post by rgoldy »

The show at Reliant is generally a much bigger show than at GRB. Includes a lot of HGCA guys with antiques and collectibles that do not show up at GRB. No carry inside the show. No ammo as a general rule.
I leave my mag in the car and let the HPD guy at the door tie my slide and in we go. I would recommend that you not try to carry past the door. The guys who are there to provide the security do not have much sense of humor about it. There is already enough pressure on gun shows. All it would need is for one guy to screw up inside the show to end them for all of us. Of course that is just my opinion, take it for what it is worth to you.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
JOIN NRA[/i] JOIN TSRA

Topic author
bevans

Post by bevans »

Thanks for the info ,I will be going on Sat. so if your going pm me and maybe we can meet up. Everybody on the forum has been great and I look forward to meeting some of ya'll. My main reasons for going are new magazines,possilbly a new holster and maybe a backup gun.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I think I'll plan on getting there about 9:30 or 10:00 on Saturday. And the good news is that, right now, Saturday looks like the best weather of the week for Houston.

Are bevans and I the only ones going?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

I usually park on the street. i typically go on sat. morning when there aren't many people. sometimes i have to $1 on the meter, but rarely.
Mike1951 wrote:
Stupid wrote:I always go to the G R Brown show. It's closer and cheaper, $7 and free parking.
I sure need to find out where you're parking.

They've torn up all the parking lots directly across from GRB to make a 12 acre park. All of the other parking lots within reasonable walking distance jacked their fees from $7 to $10 to take advantage.

I walked 6 blocks at the last show to ONLY pay $6!
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ag87

Post by Ag87 »

I can't go until Sunday. I hope there are still some good deals by then.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

"beef jerky show"...

hmmmm...okay...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tomneal

carry at a gun show

Post by tomneal »

All the gun shows I've been to in the last several years have been posted.

BUT

They were all in governement owned buildings and the last I heard after SB501, local governments could not post, our buildings.

I am sure that your milage will vary.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”