Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texasdoc
Posts in topic: 1

Rules for wally world first time out with CHL

Post by Texasdoc »

I took this from another site and added to it abit

So you got your CHL.

We assumed that you have already chose a proper holster, mag pouch (or suitable combination of substitutes) and cover garment and played dress-up in front of a mirror a couple of hundred times. But now, it is time to go live in the real world. It is time for you to go to WalMart!

1) You must park your vehicle at least 50 yards from the entrance of a regular WallyWorld (75 yards for a SuperCenter.) As you head for the entrance, you must perform a scan of the area including checking under parked vehicles for BG’s (Bad Guys.) Remember, grandma in an electric wheelchair is not a drive-by threat.

1A). Upon exiting car, surrepititiously adjust sidearm. Now don't touch it again unless your pants are about to fall off. Then tighten your belt

2) You MUST drive the shopping cart. No substitutes are allowed. Negotiating aisles full of screaming kids dropping cans of Chef Boyardee while Mom is on the cell phone and trying the latest Rosie O’Donnell Makeup & Fragrances is a good test of patience and self-control.

3) No quickies! Your stay at WallyWorld must last no less than 45 minutes. You can hang out in automotive and even double check the Rapala lures to see what’s new to kill an allotted rest time of 10 minutes. The rest of the time you must be on the move. An exception is made if you are with your significant other and she goes for the White Sale madness. You must park, wait and be ready to back your mate if things get hairy with the pillow throws or allergenic bedspreads.

4) You are gonna buy stuff so pick items from the top and bottom shelves to test your cover garment. Your mate can assist you and point out any deficiencies. If you are alone and store security or the cops have not arrived by the time you check out, you passed this test.

5) Check out: make sure you choose the busiest register. People will stand in close proximity and you must bear it with patience and avoiding contact. Beware of the people suddenly remembering a forgotten item and sending their mates to fetch it. They usually will brush against you on the way to get it.

6) Meal Time! If your WallyWorld serves Nachos, go ahead and get yourself a big serving of the suckers and wash it down with a Sam’s cola. If McD’s is the choice at the premises, get fries, onion rings, apple pie and a large Coke. ALL MEALS MUST BE CONSUMED ON SITE! No To-Go’s or you will be disqualified.

7) When you leave, repeat the scanning of the parking lot. Remember that now you are also dealing with a shopping cart that rattles like and old train and wants to go right all the time. Do not lose track of your surroundings because of this. If you have a car, open the trunk and introduce all your bags while facing outwards. Pick up Trucks: lower the tailgate and do the same. Keep scanning, you never know where the BG’s might be.

8) REMEMBER: Yellow lights = WallyWorld Security. Red Lights = Cops.

9) - Make test fall on floor in busiest area - near register or anywhere crowded. See if concealment can still be maintained. If you lose that then go back to GO and do NOT collect $200

10) Restroom break (even if you don't have to go), go through the motions, figure out what your going to do with your gun, while sitting on the commode
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

longtooth
Posts in topic: 6

Post by longtooth »

Good job 300. When most of us started there was no 1st outing tradition. We just left the house.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

This is a good test even if you get a new gun or holster (or both).
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

OOPS! :lol:

I think I poked my head in, got some ice cream from the frozen section, paid through the "Self-Checkout," and left.

Looks like I never really did the Wal-Mart trip, maybe I'll go do it again now that I've got a new holster...

Liberty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Liberty »

I thought it was real important to get some Winchester White Box. This is not only productive, but a great exercise in patience

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

MrDrummy wrote:OOPS! :lol:

I think I poked my head in, got some ice cream from the frozen section, paid through the "Self-Checkout," and left.

Looks like I never really did the Wal-Mart trip, maybe I'll go do it again now that I've got a new holster...
\

That didn't count... You MUST go back! :grin:
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

Tote 9
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tote 9 »

And then when the day is finally over, go home take some muscle relaxers,
thank God you made it through the day and go to bed with your gun under your pillow. :grin:
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skipper5 »

haha...good one there 300....
remember my wally walk....did go over twice to check out the lures...and the red potatoes this past weekend in Tyler at the Supercenter!!! LOL
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Rex B

Darn

Post by Rex B »

Do we HAVE to go to Wally World?

I almost won't go there, especially since they raised the price on ammo.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

hi-power

Re: Darn

Post by hi-power »

Rex B wrote:Do we HAVE to go to Wally World?

Yes, it's the law.

You've actually seen a store employee in sporting goods? :shock:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Glory, Rex B, :hurry: :iagree: It is very seldom that we go in that store either. It is my last Last LAST resort. I find there is someone in Lufkin that has comparable merchandise at comparable price or better stuff at a comparable price.
Academy & the two gun shops here get all my ammo & arms related money. The only gun purchase ever at Academy was the wife's Baretta Storm.
I try to not buy a new gun. Too many good ones out there for sale.
Other things, clothes, boots, hardware, groceries, :?: :?: Several yrs ago we broke the Wal-Mart "HABBIT" & realized that habit was why we went there 1st.
OK off the box now. Next up. :lol:
LT.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rex B

Re: Darn

Post by Rex B »

hi-power wrote:
Rex B wrote:Do we HAVE to go to Wally World?

Yes, it's the law.

You've actually seen a store employee in sporting goods? :shock:
LOL Actually, 2 weeks ago I went in for something else, checked the ammo and saw WWB 100rds for $12.XX (9mm) and $20 (38spl). cheap enough, so I started looking for "service". Not a sould in sight, nor down the dept. aisle. Spied a friend working in an adjacent dept, we chatted, he offered to call for a manager. He did, I waited another 5-10 mintues, then went home.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

longtooth wrote:Glory, Rex B, :hurry: :iagree: It is very seldom that we go in that store either. It is my last Last LAST resort.
LT.
LT, I'm right there with you. I think Wal-Mart is right there with Lucifer.
I also avoid stores that require you to use Loyalty Cards. Give me a locally owned business that knows me by my first name anytime, and I'll pay a little more.
I buy ammo at CTD on my way home, or Military Gun Supply if I'm out that way. I do need to check out the Academy, but they are hard to get to here due to the way the streets are laid out.
-----------

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Here Academy is right across the interstate from w-world.(lower case intended)

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

hi-power wrote:You've actually seen a store employee in sporting goods?
I can go you one better. For about a year, a nearby Wal-Mart store actually had the same person working sporting goods! An actual active shooter, firearms knowledgeable, bona fide GUN person!!

It HAD to be a mistake!

He then went to work for one of the Academy's, where he stayed for awhile. Haven't seen him lately.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”